• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dresden Files -- The Other Dick

Fast Learner

First Post
Piles and piles of delicious Claudia Black goodness, woohoo!

Her natural accent is significantly sexier, but it was neat to see her doing an American one.

Episode-wise, enjoyable.

Jamdin

Explorer
I always enjoy watching Claudia Black and this episode was no exception. I would love for her to appear again in a future episode.

Matchstick

Adventurer
One of the best episodes thus far I think. It was well put together, and better written than most of the others. I too would love to see Ms. Black's character recurring with some frequency, but you know all the purists would scream bloody murder. I guess we'll see.

Claudia Black relates well with other actors. She always seems to be "on", and she always seems to bring others around her up as well.

Oh, I watched Blood Ties as well, good to see Vickie Nelson on TV. I thought it was fine, though maybe not as good as Dresden this week. The only problem I had with the acting was that Vickie seemed to go from calm to ticked off and yelling very very quickly, and often at times that felt forced to me. That's not necessarily the actor though, that's probably the writing. My wife enjoyed it as well, she's a Forever Knight fan from way back, that gives her a leg up on suspending disbelief for shows like these.

Elf Witch

First Post
Matchstick said:
One of the best episodes thus far I think. It was well put together, and better written than most of the others. I too would love to see Ms. Black's character recurring with some frequency, but you know all the purists would scream bloody murder. I guess we'll see.

Claudia Black relates well with other actors. She always seems to be "on", and she always seems to bring others around her up as well.

Oh, I watched Blood Ties as well, good to see Vickie Nelson on TV. I thought it was fine, though maybe not as good as Dresden this week. The only problem I had with the acting was that Vickie seemed to go from calm to ticked off and yelling very very quickly, and often at times that felt forced to me. That's not necessarily the actor though, that's probably the writing. My wife enjoyed it as well, she's a Forever Knight fan from way back, that gives her a leg up on suspending disbelief for shows like these.

There have been so many changes I don't think the purist will mind one more. Either that or they are so far gone into shock that there poor minds won't be able to take anymore. ;)

I really liked Liz and hope she comes back again she and Dresden had chemistry. I really like Claudia Black I have enjoyed everything she has been in and I think Vala has brought a breath of fresh air to Stargate SG1 She has become my favorite character.

I am rereading the Vicky Nelson books and Vicky has habit of going off really easy so that was very much in character.

I am an old Forver Knight fan myself your wife has good taste. Has she read Tanya Huff Shadow series with Henry and Tony? If she hasn't she should look into them. Tony works as a production assistant on a Vampire cop show filmed in Canada it is a homage to Forver Knight.

sniffles

First Post
I enjoyed that episode. I was relieved that Claudia Black's character wasn't too much like Vala on Stargate SG-1, since I find that character really irritating.

I couldn't help being amused at the thought of a Brit and an Aussie showing Americans how it's done. It seems like even average actors from the UK and Australia can act rings around most American tv stars.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
sniffles said:
I couldn't help being amused at the thought of a Brit and an Aussie showing Americans how it's done. It seems like even average actors from the UK and Australia can act rings around most American tv stars.

Well, that's the thing - you're comparing a stars to actors. Apples and oranges.

American TV "stars" aren't the ones that we (collectively) find to be the best actors. They're the ones on the shows we watch most. When the American public starts watching shows for acting quality, then the phenomenon you see will change.

Tuzenbach

First Post
Jamdin said:
I always enjoy watching Claudia Black and this episode was no exception. I would love for her to appear again in a future episode.
I would love for her to appear anytime I snap my fingers! She's so damn entertaining!!!

Tuzenbach

First Post
sniffles said:
I was relieved that Claudia Black's character wasn't too much like Vala on Stargate SG-1, since I find that character really irritating.

You're the anti-Christ! Vala is the PERFECT woman! Such a breath of fresh air after the ultra-pedantic Samantha Carter.

Remove ads