• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

drothgery's Victorian Eberron game - OOC

nonamazing

Explorer
Adele is complete and posted. I hope everything is in order--I was stressing about getting it all right.

I think her background and personality came together pretty well. If anyone wants to work up a character connection, let me know.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
nonamazing said:
I think her background and personality came together pretty well. If anyone wants to work up a character connection, let me know.
Its possible Adele has heard of Doc, as he does try to "publish" in what reputable academic journals there are, but it is unlikely they have met. Seems like Adele is more "in the field" than the more idealistic "abstract" Doc (though I don't see him as squeamish by any means). He's not a monster hunter, more of an magical archeologist (where's my fedora... guess its a bowler instead :)).

Since Doc has not a priori connection to Father Mikel, any connections Doc has with the others would not be through him most likely. I'm open to suggestions.

drothgery

First Post
nonamazing said:
Adele is complete and posted. I hope everything is in order--I was stressing about getting it all right.

Cool. I'll look things over more closely tonight, then, with an eye to getting the game started on Wednesday or Thursday (currently my tabletop game is Tuesday, which means nothing major is going to happen on Tuesday). Generally speaking, major postings will be evenings (US Pacific Time) and weekends; I may post from work occasionally (like, say, now), but if I need dice and a battlemap -- well, I don't have that here.

drothgery

First Post
Okay, it looks like EvolutionKB still needs to make some corrections to his character, and Solarious has some background to write, but other than that we're pretty much ready to go.

If you can think of ways your characters might have run into each other before, feel free to suggest them here.

Solarious

Explorer
Adele could easily have been a customer of Quaen in the past: she's been running a store of occult goods (with some connections to Aerenal) for the past decade or so, and since she keeps her shop dim, Adele might never have noticed that Quaen is an elf. It also helps that Quaen also doesn't advertise the fact that she is a practicing Necromancer, and most people who know of her think she's an Archivist, as she is also a practicing worshipper of the Undying Court.

I'm in the process of finishing up: I should be done tomorrow. Of course, we all know how that last 'should' turned out. :uhoh:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Its possible Doc ran into Quaen's store depending on where it is.

BTW: Where is Lyandar's powerbase? Still on that island that used to be in Aundair?

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
BTW: Where is Lyandar's powerbase? Still on that island that used to be in Aundair?

Yes, though the weather isn't as good there anymore (the spells that maintained the excellent weather before failed; lesser magics maintain the climate now -- it's nice enough, but no longer a vacation spot). The Kingdom of Thrane claims Stormhome, and has a bit more authority over the island than Aundair used to, but it's still very independent.

There's a recent movement in the house to move the home base to a port city on the mainland, because no one's figured out how to run a telegraph line underwater yet.

Note: I copied this over to the setting thread, to start the post on the (formerly) Dragonmarked Houses.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads