• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dungeonscape Lives!

lkj

Hero
So that was exceedingly cryptic. If I hazard a wild guess, it would be that they are going outside the WotC 'village' to seek content for their tool. Pathfinder? Perhaps other systems. Maybe planning on making their software a platform for managing campaigns for various systems?

I guess we'll see.

AD

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Could be anything at this point. As you say, that message is vague. I plan to keep in touch with them.

Patrick McGill

First Post
Hmm, the links still redirect me to the October blog post about ending their relationship with WotC. Has the new post been taken down, or am I experiencing Internet funkiness?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmm, the links still redirect me to the October blog post about ending their relationship with WotC. Has the new post been taken down, or am I experiencing Internet funkiness?

The latter, I guess. All you see is what i posted, though, so you're not missing anything extra.

Tormyr

Hero
I will be more interested when we have an idea of what it will be. While the story in their blog post is interesting, it does not get me excited for a potential product. That being said, I am sure at some point they will have something more substantive to say.

hardvice

First Post
I am their biggest cheerleader, but that's just weird and unhelpful. I don't want to go on a magical, mystical journey with them — I want to know if they're going to release a product I give a damn about. It would have been hard for them to write a post with less actual information in it if they tried.

Honestly, without the licensed data, I don't see anything of their original scope working at all. Perhaps they can turn the forge and party bits into a workable set of DM adventure-crafting tools, but we haven't really seen any of that stuff yet. And if it's just a character sheet, now that they've lost the license, there are other alternatives that are frankly just in a more usable state.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Basically, they didn't want to stay silent for weeks, but likely deals are still be dealt. So this is just a note to say "hang tight, we haven't disappeared, and we'll have some cool news really soon".

It's not weird; it's sensible. Touching base.

Remove ads