Dwimmermount IC:

Imperialus

Explorer
"Yes, yes, very nice, yer confused about yer names. I dinna ask yer names, I asked what in blazes ye wants!? We be closed! An ain't no way I gonna open me door for a drunken dwarf and a shady looking human afer dark. Iffen you got somthin ya wants to sell, then come back inna morning."

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"We be given them to yee anyways," fires back the rotund dwarf with a chuckle, obviously still in VERY good humour, "(once we've figured them out) for we be Midgrim and Gargrim of the Goldhammer clan, come from far off Adana- Arana- the Human Capital, ta greet our dwarven cousin, here in," He looks about a bit vaguely, "this robust city. Shake hands, trade ill-tempered grunts, admire his renowned crafmanship and maybe drink the good drink, bite full into the good meat - that sort of a thing... Be you he?"

<In the affirmative:
"Then let us in or come on out, brother of stone, that we may greet each other proper, at least."

Imperialus

Explorer
There is a pause from the other side of the door before the voice responds with significantly less hostility. "Look, I apologize fer being rude, but me whole livelihood is in these four walls, and it's made o' small things that are easy to make off with. I'm sure you are all very fine fellows indeed, but there just ain't no way I'm openin' this ere door afer dark for no-one I don' know close as kin. Ifin' you wanna come by on the morrow I'll greet ya proper, and since I be assumin' you here for Dwimmermount ifin you find anything you want to change for coin I'll give ya me best rate but I canna open the door."

Binder Fred

"Um..." considers Midgrim, pulling at his crescent beard. Then he grins wide: "Twenty percent ABOVE your best rate, good gemcutter -- for, yee'll agree, this be a mighty slight on me, my brother and all ar fine ancestral dwarven customs!"

He is drunk, sure, but NEVER too drunk to pass up a deal.

Imperialus

Explorer
Delster chuckles beyond the door "We'll see Master Goldhammer. We'll see. First ye best get in and out of the mount with yer hide intact. Best o' luck to ye all. G'night" and with that the small window closes with a snap.

Piston Honda

First Post
It took Gargrim some time to work out the meaning of being an Iron Defender. Who had time to guard iron when there was real treasure to be had? He got it as Midgrim spoke to the Gemcutter, but kept that thought to himself, not wanting to sound foolish while the deal was being made, and he was thankful that Midgrim did it, he knew good and well he would have been ripped off, and he wasn’t too sure about the humans yet. Their language was so confusing how different things could have such unclear meanings, they can’t be as smart as they think they are.

He looked over at Midgrim, smiling. “Tha’ wen’ well, I think. We meetin’ this Yarun fellow?”

Binder Fred

"That it did, brother," Midgrim smiles back, turning around after wishing Delster a good night as well. "Might be worth it ta drop by the moneylenders, see if we can get a deal there too!" he jokes. And, blinking: "Who?" Was the dwarven guard named Yarun? It's a bit fuzzy in his head right now.

He himself gestures back towards the inn, see if the others are amenable.

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
As you return to the Passwatch Inn you find Jimi sitting alone at a table desultorily pushing a lone potato around the bottom of his stew bowl. He perks up when he sees you though and obviously has something he wants to share.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Ah, there you are, my friends!" says Jimi, relieved at their return. "I take it your investigations have proved fruitful? I myself have some excellent news to share."

Seeing their skeptical looks, he smiles nervously. "We have an additional member to our group. While you were out, I was approached by a mage by the name of Climent. It seems that he too was looking to delve into the dungeons of Dwimmermount, but his companions have been delayed. He will be joining with us instead! What fortune, eh? A spellcaster will surely be an asset to us... deciphering ancient runes, destroying our foes with a mere wave of his hands, disabling magical traps..."

Jimi downs the rest of his ale.

"That IS good news, Isn't it...?"

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"Yes, Jimi, that is good news," sighs Klyman, "I'm sorry if I seem out of sorts, but I was just insulted by a Dwarf whom I had never even laid eyes on before, let alone had any occasion to give offense to. 'Shady' indeed!"

Last edited:

Remove ads