log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Dwimmermount [IC]

Thateous

Explorer
Lucious is too awe struck by everthing to have contributed to the conversations. As the group herds toward the barn his feet absent-mindedly follow.
Picking out a place to lay his head for the night was no trouble, as his standards for comfort were much lower than the others.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app
 

log in or register to remove this ad

xynthoros

First Post
Mikel was too cold to protest or argue, a barn was as good as a good inn at the moment. It was out of the rain and weather, he was a little sad he had to be up before dawn, but spending the night out of the weather and a decent warm meal would be worth it.
 

SunGold

First Post
Shara nods appreciatively toward Hunter. "I can take the next."

She chooses a spot in the corner of the loft, lays out her cloak in the hopes that it might dry a bit, and then climbs into her bedroll.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward
Fighter 2

As everyone settled into their routine Edgar approached Magen intent on his evening lessons. "Not tonight, I'm afraid." Magen said, "We cannot risk spooking the cattle."

Hunter and Shara offered to cover a watch each, "I'll cover my share of the watch as well."

Heading over to where Warian had set up their bedrolls, Magen pulled out his dragon chess set and said to Edgar tonight we'll exercise your mind."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 23
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
Longbow: +2 150/600 1d8P

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Inspiration: 3
[/SBLOCK]
 

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

The sun had faded from the sky hours ago, and all his companions were sound asleep. Hunter looked at the stars and judged that a quarter of the night had pasted.

The villagers, while they had appeared to be less than open and friendly didn’t seem to have anything planned against their visitors. Hunter moved silently over to Shara and shook her gently, “Second watch is on. The night is quiet so far. ”

Hunter gave a smiling nod to Shara and then climbed down the ladder and picked at what was left of the chicken and broth. Once he was done he crawled up to the loft to lay down to his night of semi-comfortable sleep.
 

GreenKarl

First Post
The heroes bed down for the eve, taking turns on watch throughout though night, but it passes uneventfully. About an hour before sunrise the half-orc peasant and his son return to the barn to take their animals out into the fields. The sheriff is there also along with a few other villagers come to see the strangers off.

"Well no damages so's ye ant all bads I suppose" says the peasant. The sheriff nods in agreement and ads "I supposin' ye all are headin' fer Muntberg? Then I give thee fair warnin'. Lots of strange folk about these lands of late. Most don't stop by here, instead avoiding us and traveling cross country. All of dem heading north. The few thinkers who pass our way say they be cultists of various dark gods. With the Dwimmermount open again that they have come to despoil and lay ruin to the lands. To seize the mount for themselves."

"Dark times" he ads after a moment.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward
Fighter 2

While Edgar stowed their gear and Galan loaded the mule Magen spoke to the half-orc. "Thank you for your hospitality. We'll keep an eye out, I think our little group can handle themselves. I won't pretend I am not going for personal gain, but maybe we'll strike lucky and solve something"

"Dark times indeed. I wish you well."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 23
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
Longbow: +2 150/600 1d8P

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Inspiration: 3
[/SBLOCK]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
There is a thick layer of frost on the ground and ice pellets from the previous nights rain. The air is very cold and again the company clutches their cloaks tight against the chill but at least it is not raining. The cloud are dark and low in the morning but slowly rise and break up a bit by mid-afternoon. As you crest yet another hill the grey Dwimmermount itself can be seen in the distances!

This tall grey rock stands out from the darker, tree-covered granite of the Wintercap Mountains beyond it. No trees cling to its' side and little snow can be seen (at least at this distance). It appears to be grey sentinel protecting the mountains beyond, lonely but powerful and steadfast.

As the day wears on a few walled farmsteads can be seen along the road and then the black stone walls of Moutberg come into view. It is growing dark as the company weirdly makes the downed drawbridge that spans a short moat of semi-frozen black water below. The gate itself is also up with a raised portcullis. But the gate is not undefended as four crossbow can be seen on the thirty foot gatehouse above and two additional spearmen in mail armor and heavy fur cloaks are standing just inside the gatehouse itself.

One them, a ugly man with a pockscared face, steps forward and shouts "Hold there stranger. What business have ye in the Moutburg? State yer names and what company ye be?"
 

Thateous

Explorer
It was too cold for Luscious to be his normal curious self so he was on auto-pilot when the the man asked his name and as such Lucious instinctively snapped to attention and rendered the salute of his people, a closed fist placed perpendicular across the chest, and spoke,"Lucious Grahm of the Blackened Tribe! The Primordial demands retribution of those who would use His power for evil! Sir!"

OOC: even if the primordial chaos is inherently evil, Lucious' tribe does not believe it to be true. No clue where exactly Lucious should be from, perhaps a mountain far to the south-west from our current location...


Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app
 

GreenKarl

First Post
The guard looks a bit confused at Luscious, muttering at his companion "Whats he talking about?" The other simply shrugs. The first guard says back "What evil do you speak of lad and are ye heres to cause us trouble? Cause iffin' ye are ye can turn right around and get back with yer tribe..."

He looks at the others adding "That be going fer all of ye's. We have a peaceable town heres and we likes it that way. Ye cause trouble and we lock ye out of the gate to freeze fer all we cares."
 

SunGold

First Post
Shara looks anxiously at the rest of the group, but doesn't say anything. Like the villagers, these people were clearly wary of outsiders, so her appearance and accent would probably only make matters worse. She silently hopes that one of her companions from the Middle Lands speaks up.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"My name is Corwin of Azurehold, my companions and I are not yet formed into a formal company, and therefore we do not have a name yet. We understand there is a process we have to follow and will gladly do so as soon as it is possible."
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Both guards seem to relax a bit and the one doing the talking nods his head. "Ah, adventure types. Aye there be a process we follow here. Ye will need to stop by the Great Hall in the morn. Its' closed right now and the count is off to the inner keep. Ye can't miss it. It is just inside the inner keep. Ye have to ask at the gatehouse there for an audience. Most of the time the count don't have a lot of business but with the recent events... well."

After a moment of silence he adds "Oh and we don't like layabout here. Yea have to take of residence somewhere iffin' ye plan on staying. Less you want to camp outside the walls and all. Iffin' ye are staying in Moutberg, there is the Boarding House. Pretty simple and cheap. There be a few mercenary types there already, lured the the prospects of work for that type of late. There is the Green Dragon Inn that have few nice big rooms but it be costly. If ye are not to picky the Flask and Scroll Tavern will lets ye sleeps on its floor after it be closed it night for only a few copper. They also have a few apartments ye can rent but most of them ye will have to wait until morning as the owners ant open all night..."
 

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward
Fighter 2

The scholarly Corwin secured the party's access into the town. Magen thought about the guard's suggestions of places to stay, "While the thought of some comfort is certainly tempting, I would rather we secured an income before spending our gold. After a night in a barn, a night on a tavern floor won't be too bad. In the morning we can look into something better."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 23
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
Longbow: +2 150/600 1d8P

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Inspiration: 3
[/SBLOCK]
 

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

Walking behind Magen as they entered the town, Hunter was lost in thought, trying to ponder what Luscious had been trying to accomplish at the gate; the behavior seemed odd. Hunter was pulled out of his thoughts by Magen talking about the night’s accommodations.

While I agree that it is best to preserve our resources and personally I wouldn’t mind spending a night on the tavern floor, it wouldn’t be the first time.” Hunter said with a soft laugh. “There might be others amongst us whose . . . decorum may not allow it.”

Smiling Hunter paused for a moment, “I think the most important things is that we stick together, at least until we get a better idea of how this town operates.”
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Corwin spoke up. "I'm not afraid to admit I'd like a little more creature comforts than a tavern floor. How about those who want a little more go pay for their own way at the Boarding House, and those who choose the tavern floor meet the rest of us there in the morning."
 

GreenKarl

First Post
The guard nods and points out both buildings to the company (the Boarding House is #3 and the Flask and Scroll Tavern #14, the Green Dragon Inn is #13). The Boarding House being just north of the gatehouse and the Tavern being one of the two larger buildings past a wide open field to the east.

There are a few residences of Muntberg out and about this eve, bundled up against the cold. You also see a few guards standing by a fire in the open field (#2).

The guard whom spoke up before adds "There be no gate fee to come and go, but we lock the gates and secure the drawbridge at night. Iffin' ye want to come and go then it cost ye a gold crown for the privilege. Otherwise keep yer noses clean and ye want have no troubles here..."

GM: InnerCourtyard.jpg
 

SunGold

First Post
Shara gives Hunter a grateful look, obviously glad he spoke up. "I'm sorry, Magen, but that's not an option for me. It may be easy for you, but the drunkards and mercenaries who've passed out there are unlikely to give you any trouble during the night."

She turns to Corwin when he speaks up. "That would probably be fine. After our greeting at the gate, I suspect the streets are safe enough, as long as no one's alone."
 

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward
Fighter 2

Magen looks a little abashed at not having considered everyone's needs, then says, "I agree we should stick together. Very well, a little comfort it is then. Lets hope for some luck in the morning."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 23
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
Longbow: +2 150/600 1d8P

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Inspiration: 3
[/SBLOCK]
 

Thateous

Explorer
Lucious felt embarrassed by his outburst and choose to stick to the rear of the group. He nodded his agreeance even though no one really looked to him for his opinion. Thoughts swirled in his mind that maybe he should try a little better to just blend in... "Haha, no way!" he said to himself while shaking his head visibly. He boisterously rushed forward drapping two of his traveling mates under his big arms. "Then let's go and sleep well this night!"

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top