log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Dwimmermount [IC]

GreenKarl

First Post
The company heads north to the boarding house, which has a lantern burning over the door with the symbol of what might be a bed painted over it. Just past the boarding house appeared to be a public stables and there were a few workers loading hay off of a wagon and lifting it up into the lofts above.

Knocking on the door and older gentlemen dressed in a green smock and wearing a heavy coat and hat answered fairly quickly. Looking you over he says "Lookin' fer rooms I would wager? Wells I runs a clean place, so 2 silver coin a night fer a room. They can fit two fellows in them each if ye want but I don't like more then that. Iffin' you insist on putting three fellows in a room that will be 3 silver a night. I don't think ye can stack anymore then that in a place. My wife serves a dinner at night downstairs and that be the only meal a day I provide and included in the cost per night. We already eat so yer out of luck for tonight. Iffin' ye need more there is some fine establishments in town. I ant got no barn so yer animals will need to go to the stables..."
 

log in or register to remove this ad


GreenKarl

First Post
He takes the money and opens the door fully to invite you and the rest of the company inside. He then shuffles over to a tall shelf with a number of individual slots and numbers painted below each of them. He removes a key with a small wooden peg attached to it by a leather tong. Painted in white letters it reads 2A, which he hands to you saying "Second floor, first door after the stairs my lady. The other residents are all up on third floor so ye can have some bathroom privacy."
 

xynthoros

First Post
"I for one am not preferring to be stacked 'three high,' I'll take a room as well." He pulled out a pouch and rifled through for the two silver. "Have you got a hot bath in here? My bones are aching and I would really appreciate one."
 


SunGold

First Post
"Thank you, sir," Shara says with a smile as she takes the key. "And I'd love a bath as well. Let me know when you're finished, Mikel?"
 

GreenKarl

First Post
"Sure" the man nods. "But that be about all we can handle tonight. Iffin' the rest of ye wants to bath ye will have to wait until morning. My wife ant staying up all nights a waiting on ye hand and foot as it were..."
 

SunGold

First Post
"Oh, my apologies...I didn't think of that," Shara replies sheepishly. "I can certainly wait until morning. I get up early anyway. She can knock on the door anytime; I'll be up."
 

GreenKarl

First Post
"Wes are up before first light so anytime after that is fine. Just give her some time to boil the water and ye are fine..." he says in reply.

"By and by, my name is Adryen Hermen, and me wife is Whenly. I be an lawyer also by trade iffin' ye needs one and I handles the paperwork for the sellswords that be staying here iffin' ye are interested in their services. Iffin' ye want ye can also retain my services for such work or iffin' ye are planning on signing up for an Adventuring Charter. I charge the standard 10% fee of either what ye are paid or for the charter itself. Let me know if ye are interested. But tomorrow, it be too late and cold tonight."
 

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward
Fighter 2

Magen sends Edgar and Galan to the stables to sort out the mule, then turns to the inn-keep. I'd like two rooms please. Might I trouble you for a bucket of hot water, my page can help." He hands over the four silver, takes his keys and heads up to his room.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 23
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
Longbow: +2 150/600 1d8P

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Inspiration: 3
[/SBLOCK]
 

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

Hunter waited as most of the others in the party secured their rooms, “Lucious, you up to saving a silver piece and splitting a room?"
 

Thateous

Explorer
Lucious smiles a big toothy grin. "Sure!" he says excitedly, as he reaches into his coin purses and produces a shiny coin. " It's this one right?" he says as he hands you a platinum piece.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app
 

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood
Hunter looked at Lucious for a moment trying to determine if he was being serious, before he smiled widely. “You didn’t handle a lot of money where you were from, did you Lucious?” Hunter said chuckling.

Pulling out two silver pieces he showed them to Lucious, “These are silver, what you have got there is a platinum coin, that’s worth 100 silver. I’ll pay for the night, we will sort out your finances and you can pay me the one silver tomorrow, if that’s good by you my friend.”

Hunter hand the two silver pieces to Adryen with a respectful nod before turning back to Lucious, “Also it may be in your best interest not to purchase anything unless another member of the group is with you, at least until you get a little more experience with the coinage of the area.” Hunter let out a small sigh and smiled brightly at the young man.
 



GreenKarl

First Post
About the time that Mikel heads down for his bath, Edgar and Galan return from the stable informing Magen that the charge is 5 copper a night to stable an animal and 2 copper for feed for the mule (horses are charged 3 copper for feed). They mention that there are four mules and two riding horses available for sale there.

The rooms are somewhat small but clean with a pair of single beds in each room, with thick wool blankets. In the morning, the company rises fairly well rested. Those that wish to bath can and after all such business is taken care of the company gathers outside, near the open field.

There are two guards on the field setting up a large sign. There are also a few stalls of merchants setting up. The main gate is opening with sunrise and the drawbridge lowered. More guards are seen moving about and the inner keep nearby appearing to be opening for the days business. There are some townsfolk out and about on early business, maybe a couple of dozen or so. They glance at the company but most seem to be avoiding you.
 

Thateous

Explorer
Lucious wakes up, meditates, and exits into the morning. He greets everyone he can and offers his assistance to the guards in putting up the sign and also to any shopkeepers struggling to set up their stand.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app
 

GreenKarl

First Post
The guards are more or less done when Lucious heads over. He notices that it seems to hold general announcements by the city's government along with a number of "job requests". A quick glance he reads about someone looking for an adventure group to sponsor in exchange of finding an family heirloom in the Dwimmermount. There is a city announcement revoking the adventure charter of the Six Hands of Fate group for crimes against the city and a reward for their capture. There are additional notes tacked to the board but those were the only ones he caught with a quick glance...

A bread maker who is setting up his stall thanks Lucious for any help as he is getting up there in years...
 



Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top