• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[E&E] - Goblin's Lair - character creation thread (recruitment closed)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ok...

All you need to do to get character creation started is to fill out this simple form.
1. Choice of stats: 3) S 15; D 9; V 9; I 16; W 12; C 9.
2. Character class: Elf w/ Sleep spell
3. Alignment: Neutral
4. Trained skills: Reading up on these
5. Character name and whatever minor background details or personality traits you might like to mention at the outset: Not there yet. :)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
1. Choice of stats
Str 13 - Dex 13 - Vit 12 - Int 9 - Wis 12 - Cha 15

2. Character class: Fay

Still working on these, may watch one of the above movies for some inspiration so these may change. I'll finish it up tomorrow with the rest of the info.

4. Trained skills: Diplomacy, Knowledge, Medicine
5. Character name and whatever minor background details or personality traits you might like to mention at the outset: Aristocratic daughter of a Fay mother and elven father. Her father is a famed Scholar who takes mentors into their city manor.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
Ok...

All you need to do to get character creation started is to fill out this simple form.
1. Choice of stats: 3) S 15; D 9; V 9; I 16; W 12; C 9.
2. Character class: Elf w/ Sleep spell
4. Trained skills: Reading up on these
5. Character name and whatever minor background details or personality traits you might like to mention at the outset: Not there yet. :)

Just something to point out, E&E elves aren't capable of casting sleep. They're clerical casters in this setting and don't even get spells until level 2. Their prime requisite being Wisdom (and their secondary being Dexterity), you might want to consider stat spread #1 if you're dead set on playing an elf. :)

1. Choice of stats

2. Character class: Fay

Still working on these, may watch one of the above movies for some inspiration so these may change. I'll finish it up tomorrow with the rest of the info.

5. Character name and whatever minor background details or personality traits you might like to mention at the outset: Aristocratic daughter of a Fay mother and elven father. Her father is a famed Scholar who takes mentors into their city manor.

Excellent; I'll start filling in the character sheet!

Code:
[Name]: Lv1 Neutral Fay
=======================================
Abilities     Stats     Skills
Str 13 (+1)   HP 4/4    Ath 1  Med 1
Dex 13 (+1)   AT +1     Cra 1  Out 1
Vit 12 (±0)   DF 14     Civ 1  Per 2
Int  9 (±0)   RS 7      Dip 3  Pil 1
Wis 12 (±0)   MV 120'   Ent 1  Ste 2
Cha 15 (+1)   AP 0/10   Kno 1  Tra 1
Special: Infravision 60', Diplomacy +1, Glamer, Arcane Spells (CL1, SP -1)
Spell Book Lv1: Hold Portal, Read Magic, Shield
Memorized Spells Lv1: [.]
Equipment: Leather Armor, Staff, Sling, 30 Bullets, Spell Book, 10 gil.
Encumbrance: 30 lbs - unencumbered (EL 60 lbs - MCL 190 lbs)

A quick explication of the character sheet. The top block gives (obviously) the six ability scores on the left and the twelves skills on the right. Sandwiched in between are the combat stats: Hit Points, base Attack, Defense (13 for leather armor, +1 for Dex), Resistance, Movement per turn (one-third this figure is movement per combat round), and Achievement Points.

A fay has three racial abilities (Infravision; a bonus Diplomacy rank; and Glamer, which magically allows a fay to appear as either a beautiful elf or an elderly human if so desired) and casts spells as a mage of equal level. Hence "CL 1, SP -1" -- your Caster Level is 1st, and your Spell Penetration (the inverse of your +1 Charisma bonus) forces foes to Resist your spells at -1. You have one 1st level spell slot for memorizing a spell, prior to the start of the adventure.

The equipment is a typical array for a wizardly type character; if you'd like to own different stuff, just ask, and I'll swap it out. (At the moment, you're carrying 30 lbs. of gear in total. The figures marked EL and MCL are respectively your Encumbrance Limit and your Maximum Carried Load.)

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ok...

1. Choice of stats: (1) Str 17 - Dex 13 - Vit 7 - Int 12 - Wis 13 - Cha 14

2. Character class: Scholar
3. Alignment: Lawful
4. Trained skills: Athletics, Knowledge, Outdoor, Perception
5. Character name and whatever minor background details or personality traits you might like to mention at the outset: Reginald of the Order [Victorian Jedi knight]

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Whew, six potential players. And as of yet, not one character. The roster is technically now "full", but if anybody proves a no-show, I will still let new players join.

I'll take some rolls and take an alternate slot in case someone no shows.

If nothing else perhaps it will get everyone motivated to complete characters.

Queenie

Queen of Everything

OKay, so I'd like to change my skills and I'll tell you why. After more thought I want to concentrate more on the Fay-ness of her and I'm thinking a little more Tinkerbell and a little less helpful good little Daddy's girl. Though I think her Dad will always see her that way ;)

Okay, so unless there are any objections along with Diplomacy I'm going to go with Perception and Stealth. I think that will make a more fairy like Fay temperament that should be fun to play (and useful in a way it doesn't look like we have yet).

So quick background: Her father is a famed Scholar who couldn't resist the temptation of her wild and free Fay mother whom she takes after in every way. Her father tried to pass on his knowledge her but her Fay blood always kept her distracted with more social pursuits. She is stunningly beautiful, fun, flirty, charming, good at reading people's intentions, mischievous, persuasive, stubborn and spoiled. :angel:

Is that good for a brief introduction or would you like a more fleshed out background? Otherwise I think I just need a name. Any guidance on Fay names?

Excellent; I'll start filling in the character sheet!

Code:
[Name]: Lv1 Neutral Fay
Abilities     Stats     Skills
Str 13 (+1)   HP 4/4    Ath 1  Med 2
Dex 13 (+1)   AT +1     Cra 1  Out 1
Vit 12 (±0)   DF 14     Civ 1  Per 1
Int  9 (±0)   RS 7      Dip 3  Pil 1
Wis 12 (±0)   MV 120'   Ent 1  Ste 1
Cha 15 (+1)   AP 0/10   Kno 2  Tra 1
Special: Infravision 60', Diplomacy +1, Glamer, Arcane Spells (CL1, SP -1)
Spell Book Lv1: Hold Portal, Read Magic, Shield
Memorized Spells Lv1: [.]
Equipment: Leather Armor, Staff, Sling, 30 Bullets, Spell Book, 10 gil.
Encumbrance: 30 lbs - unencumbered (EL 65 lbs - ML 185 lbs)

A quick explication of the character sheet. The top block gives (obviously) the six ability scores on the left and the twelves skills on the right. Sandwiched in between are the combat stats: Hit Points, base Attack, Defense (13 for leather armor, +1 for Dex), Resistance, Movement per turn (one-third this figure is movement per combat round), and Achievement Points.

A fay has three racial abilities (Infravision; a bonus Diplomacy rank; and Glamer, which magically allows a fay to appear as either a beautiful elf or an elderly human if so desired) and casts spells as a mage of equal level. Hence "CL 1, SP -1" -- your Caster Level is 1st, and your Spell Penetration (the inverse of your +1 Charisma bonus) forces foes to Resist your spells at -1. You have one 1st level spell slot for memorizing a spell, prior to the start of the adventure.

The equipment is a typical array for a wizardly type character; if you'd like to own different stuff, just ask, and I'll swap it out. (At the moment, you're carrying 30 lbs. of gear in total. The figures marked EL and ML are respectively your Encumbrance Limit and your Maximum Load.)

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Is that good for a brief introduction or would you like a more fleshed out background? Otherwise I think I just need a name. Any guidance on Fay names?

I don't think that she needs a fey sounding name, what might be interesting is if syhe changes her name whenever she hears one she likes

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
1. Choice of stats: 3) S 15 (+1); D 9; V 9; I 16 (+2); W 12; C 9. HP 4/4 Att: +1 Devices a day: 1
2. Character class: Tech w/ Chemistry to start
4. Trained skills: Craft +5 ranks (4 points), Knowledge +2 ranks (1 point)
5. Character name and whatever minor background details or personality traits you might like to mention at the outset:

Name: Fenn McDabbler
Background: Fenn was always a curious child, spending much of his time experimenting with various chemicals and measuring their effects on different kinds of metals and such. It was a strange fantasy of his to imagine that he might one day figure the secret of the philosopher's stone and turn lead into gold. Most of the time, however, the freckled and red-headed boy conducted his experiments for the meer joy of applying his increasing knowledge and hands to his work. He has become quite good with chemicals, except for that one unfortunate time that he blew off the roof of his uncle's barn. Fenn was caught in the explosion, which resulted in his shortness of breath as his lungs were damaged, his slight limp, and the scar along his neck and right cheek that took away some of his boyish looks. Fenn healed up well enough, though he seeks to apply his knowledge to something practical so he might soon pay back his kind uncle for the damage he caused.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads