• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[E&E] - Goblin's Lair - character creation thread (recruitment closed)

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
rangerjohn:
Code:
Reginald: Lv1 Lawful Scholar
=======================================
Abilities     Stats     Skills
Str 17 (+2)   HP 5/5    Ath 2  Med 1
Dex 13 (+1)   AT +1     Cra 1  Out 2
Vit  7 (-1)   DF 14     Civ 1  Per 1
Int 12 (±0)   RS 8      Dip 1  Pil 1
Wis 13 (+1)   MV 120'   Ent 1  Ste 1
Cha 14 (+1)   AP 0/8    Kno 2  Tra 1
Special: Turn Undead
Equipment: Leather Armor, Broad Sword, Short Bow, 30 Arrows, Holy Symbol, 10 gil.
Encumbrance: 27 lbs - unencumbered (EL 35 lbs - MCL 205 lbs)

A character with Intelligence 12 has only three trained skills, not four, so make sure I picked out the right three. :) Also, if you'd like to change out any of his equipment, let me know.

Reginald can belong to an order of scholarly mystics known as the Knights of Zandretti, who make it their business to spread peace, justice, and Law throughout the world (as well as to guard certain ancient ruins of unknown import, but that won't enter into the plot of this game). More details will follow once the game actually starts.

I'll take some rolls and take an alternate slot in case someone no shows.

If nothing else perhaps it will get everyone motivated to complete characters.

Okay. (That last roll turned out pretty freaky, but it's a good one for a warrior-type.)

1) S 9; D 14; V 11; I 13; W 13; C 10.
2) S 13 D 16; V 7; I 11; W 15; C 11.
3) S 15; D 16; V 16; I 9; W 9; C 9.

Is that good for a brief introduction or would you like a more fleshed out background? Otherwise I think I just need a name. Any guidance on Fay names?

That's just fine for a starting background. As far as names go, there are two major fay kingdoms in the setting, Avalon and Dammerung. The former would suggest Welsh names; the latter, German. This particular campaign will be set in the country of Midjard, of which Dammerung is a part. So pick a Welsh name if you want your character to be a foreigner, or a German name if you want her to be a local. :)

Name: Fenn McDabbler
Background: Fenn was always a curious child, spending much of his time experimenting with various chemicals and measuring their effects on different kinds of metals and such. It was a strange fantasy of his to imagine that he might one day figure the secret of the philosopher's stone and turn lead into gold. Most of the time, however, the freckled and red-headed boy conducted his experiments for the meer joy of applying his increasing knowledge and hands to his work. He has become quite good with chemicals, except for that one unfortunate time that he blew off the roof of his uncle's barn. Fenn was caught in the explosion, which resulted in his shortness of breath as his lungs were damaged, his slight limp, and the scar along his neck and right cheek that took away some of his boyish looks. Fenn healed up well enough, though he seeks to apply his knowledge to something practical so he might soon pay back his kind uncle for the damage he caused.

Love the background, Deuce. :D In the context of the Gaia setting, your character would probably hail from the island of Tirnanog.

But you still need to select three more trained skills; your Intelligence entitles you to know a grand total of five skills, and you've only chosen Craft and Knowledge so far.

Code:
Fenn McDabbler: Lv1 Neutral Tech
Abilities     Stats     Skills [3 empty slots left]
Str 15 (+1)   HP 4/4    Ath 1  Med 1
Dex  9 (±0)   AT +1     Cra 2  Out 1
Vit  9 (±0)   DF 13     Civ 1  Per 1
Int 16 (+2)   RS 7      Dip 1  Pil 1
Wis 12 (±0)   MV 120'   Ent 1  Ste 1
Cha  9 (±0)   AP 0/8    Kno 2  Tra 1
Special: Build Devices (1 per day; DP -2)
Technical Degrees: Chemistry 1st ([i]Opaque Smoke[/i])
Devices Built: [i]smoke bomb[/i] x1
Equipment: Leather Armor, Dagger, Percussion Pistol, 30 Bullets, 
   Chemistry Set, 10 gil.
Encumbrance: 30 lbs - unencumbered (EL 45 lbs - MCL 195 lbs)

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

1. 3) S 15; D 16; V 16; I 9; W 9; C 9.
2. Sylph
3. Neutral
4. ATH, OUT, PIL
5. Zephyrus. Little is known about this enigmatic individual.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
Nicely done. :)

Code:
Zephyrus: Lv1 Neutral Sylph
Abilities     Stats     Skills
Str 15 (+1)   HP 10/10  Ath 2  Med 1
Dex 16 (+2)   AT +1     Cra 1  Out 2
Vit 16 (+2)   DF 16     Civ 1  Per 1
Int  9 (±0)   RS 7      Dip 1  Pil 2
Wis  9 (±0)   MV 150'   Ent 1  Ste 1
Cha  9 (±0)   AP 0/10   Kno 1  Tra 1
Special: Infravision 60', Speak with Birds, Wings (glide, leap)
Equipment: Leather Armor, Shield, Spear, Short Bow, 30 Arrows, 10 gil.
Encumbrance: 36 lbs - unencumbered (EL 80 lbs - MCL 230 lbs)

I think that's good for now: I'm going to create a new thread shortly, one for completed character sheets and game-related OOC discussion. Then I'll create the game thread itself in the "Playing the Game" forum, and we can get this thing started. Anybody else who has already offered to join the game can still create a character and jump in.

But no more new players please; recruitment is now definitely closed!

EDIT: Link to finished characters' thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/talkin...racter-sheets-ooc-discussion.html#post4986467

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
1. Stat set 2.
Str 10 Dex 17 Vit 12 Int 13 Wis 16 Cha 13
2. Class: Elf
3. Alignment Neutral
4.Skills: Knowledge, Outdoors, Medicine, Perception
5.Thalion Elensail
background:
Thalion grew to adult hood in the wild forests. He ran, and hunted. He learned to shoot and to fence as all elves did. But he was always curious and asked many questions about the world around him, the plants and animals he saw. This questioning lead to an exhaustive search of the library as Thalion's thirst for knowledge grew. He proved an apt student at healing and studies it extensively. This quest for knowledge led him to track down another noted scholar in a far away city. There he knew he could learn even more. The only problem of course, is that the Master Scholar has a Fey daughter, beautiful, bratty and vexing.

I would like to request a bow for Thurien to start with.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
That's just fine for a starting background. As far as names go, there are two major fay kingdoms in the setting, Avalon and Dammerung. The former would suggest Welsh names; the latter, German. This particular campaign will be set in the country of Midjard, of which Dammerung is a part. So pick a Welsh name if you want your character to be a foreigner, or a German name if you want her to be a local. :)

How about Morgana Teleri from Avalon. Actually, her parents were from Avalon and they moved to Midjard to fulfill her mother's wanderlust and her father's need for experiencing new things for learning.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Name: Biggums Solomon Niper
Stats: Str:12 Dex:17 Con:13 Int:6 Wis:10 Cha:12
Class: lvl 1 expert
Alignment: Neutral
Skills: Athletics (1), Stealth (1), Outdoors (1), Perception (1), Trade (1)
Background:
Biggums is the eldest brother in a family well known for their hunting (be it animal or human) capabilities and their prwess with a firearm. Biggums has left home to hone his skills and find a challenge, because back home he already was the best shot. He had little schooling because his family thought it got in the way of the training to become a hunter.

Are we supposed to make are own starting pack? If not could he start off with a gun? It would have been a going away present from his father, a weapon that has been passed down through the generations and has been updated by each one passed down (not magical just has been tinkered with and has small additions).

I also have no Idea from where he could be from any ideas? :erm:

Edited: there we go 5 skill picks

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads