• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron/Horror Game - FULL - Got my three additional players, thanks!

Looking good, everyone! As soon as I have Saber's background, I'll start making some little character summaries (for me to use) and post a link to the beginning of the game.

Harvey

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Here is the basics of my character, when I have more time I'll add a background, and I'll try and tie it in with the other warforged.

With a name like Saber, you wouldn;t be working for the Lord of Blades, would you? ;)

Despite the fact that I'm still waiting on some background for Saber, I'm rarin' to go, and I've got enough info to get started; probably tomorrow sometime.

I'm going to call this game "The Whisperer in Darkness" named after the Lovecraft story of the same name (although don't go expecting mi-go to pop up in the Eldeen Reaches! ;) and all future threads will refer to the game by that title.

If I could get you all to please cut and paste your characters into this Rogue's Gallery thread, that would be much appreciated; it'd help me keep everything straight as we play.

I haven't run too many Pbp games in the past, so I'm not sure I've worked out an ettiquite for things like rolling and whatnot that works well and also doesn't bog the game down, but my thoughts are this -- if you're going to attempt something that you know involves a check, go ahead and roll when you tell me you want to do it. For things like Spot and Listen checks, and some others like that, I'll roll for you when something that requires them comes up.

For dice rolling, I'm thinking of using the ENWorld dice tool, assuming that's still active. EDIT: And it looks like it's not. Instead, how about Nadaka's Dicebox for dice rolls, and be sure and show a link to the roll in your post when rolling; like so (format is example only; you don't have to follow it exactly):
Test Roll = 24.

Go ahead and total up any modifiers in the post if needed, and that'll keep me from flipping too much between the game thread and the Rogue's Gallery thread. Please don't use colors to separate different types of text -- I browse in Stealth mode, and because those colors are largely opposite of default mode, few colors work well in both modes. Any OT comments that need to be made in the game thread can be italicised to separate it.

Hmmm... anything else? I can't think of any off the top of my head. If you can all go put your characters in the Rogue's Gallery thread, then I'll be ready to start up tomorrow; or heck, maybe even later today.

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Harvey said:
With a name like Saber, you wouldn;t be working for the Lord of Blades, would you? ;)
Hey give me a break :p I'm new to Eberron and I noticed the name in the sample adventure in the Eberron campaign guide.

If I get a chance to right up his background, I'll change his name at the same time. :cool:

Last edited:

Harvey

First Post
OK, keeping in mind that this map is Copyright 2005 Wizards fo the Coast, attached is a scan of the map from Dungeon #124. If you wish, I can edit the map to include the various key spots already mentioned.

Attachments

• DiamondLake2.jpg
    DiamondLake2.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 88

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads