Eberron: The Plumbers OOC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Welp, here he is. Made with D&D Beyond Character creator. I think I got everything.
D&D Beyond
View attachment 118532
DePoe

Race
Human (Variant)
Str 13(+1) , Dex 16 (+3), Con 14(+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 9(-1), Cha 12(+1)
Armor Class 14 (Leather)
Hit Points 10/10
Speed 30ft
Initiative +8
Saving Throws
Str
+1, Dex +5, Con +2, Int +2, Wis -1, Cha +1

Skills Acrobatics +5, Deception +3, insight +1, Intimidation +3, Investigation +2, Perception +1, Stealth +7
Senses Passive Perception 11 , Passive Investigation 12 Passive insight 11
Tools Thieves tools, Dice, Disguise kit
Languages Common, Thieves Cant,

Actions
Dagger
Melee Weapon 20(60) +5 1d4+3 Simple, Finesse, Light, Thrown, Range (20/60)

Shortsword Melee Weapon 5ft. Reach +5 1d6+3 Martial, Finesse, Light

Feats

Alert:

• You gain a +5 bonus to initiative.
  • You can’t be surprised while you are conscious.
  • Other creatures don’t gain advantage on attack rolls against you as a result o f being hidden from you.
Sneak Attack (Special)
Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Bonus Actions
Two-Weapon Fighting

Reactions
Opportunity Attack

Equipment:
Backpack, Ball bearings (1000), Clothes (worn), Crowbar, Dagger (4), Hammer, Hooded Lantern, Leather Armor (worn), Flask of Oil, Piton, Poor Rations (5 days), Rope (30ft), Shortbow and quiver (20 arrows), String, Thieves Tools, Tinderbox, Waterskin

Hair Black, short cropped Eyes Dark Brown Skin Tone Med Tan (Dirty) Height 5’3” Weight 100 lbs Age 19
Alignment Neutral Good
Background Criminal / Spy

Rogue Class Features
  • Deception
  • Insight
  • Perception
  • Acrobatics

Expertise
Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make for two chosen proficiencies. [6th] Choose two additional proficiencies.
  • Thieves' Tools
  • Stealth
Sneak Attack 1d6
Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack with a finesse or ranged weapon if you have advantage on the attack roll. You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 ft. of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Thieves’ Cant
You have learned thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.

Feature: Criminal Contact
You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.

Racial Traits
- Languages

You can speak, read, and write Common and one extra language.
Undercommon

- Ability Score Increase
Two different ability scores of your choice increase by 1.
  • Dexterity Score
  • Wisdom Score
- Skills
You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.
Stealth

- Feat
You gain one feat of your choice.

Alert:
  • You gain a +5 bonus to initiative.
  • You can’t be surprised while you are conscious.
  • Other creatures don’t gain advantage on attack rolls against you as a result o f being hidden from you.
Background
Criminal / Spy

Personality
I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.

Ideals: Change. The low are lifted up, the mighty are are brought down. Change is the nature of things.
Bonds My ill-gotten gains go to support a small orphanage.
Flaws An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.

Background Story: A foundling, left on the doorstep of a local temple, DePoe has never known his true family, or even his true name. He was raised under the harsh rules of the church until he started to ask questions. Questions like “why do he church elders wear fine silk and gold when the parishioners wear rags” and “Why is the church larder always full when so many worshipers come and leave with grumbling stomachs”.

Given no answers that made sense to him, one night, at the ripe age of seven, he stole a small knife and stuffed all the food he could into a small satchel and escaped into the wide world.

DePoe quickly developed the skills of hiding, and deception to get food and, almost as quickly, the consequences of failure. At no time was this more pointedly shown to him than, when burgling a house for food and a few coins, he heard a creak and panicked. He scrambled out of the nearest window, knocking over a lantern in the process. The ensuing fire was blamed on the residents, the man sentenced to hard labor.
It was a hard lesson, but DePoe learned it and now, rarely, if ever, panics or lets any emotions show.
If i've missed anything, please let me know. it's been a bit.

Who is your Criminal Contact? Where is DePoe from?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
My Eberron-fu is weak. Can someone suggest a good place for me to read about for an outsider half-orc origin?

Thanks.

The Ghaash'kala in the Demon Wastes are basically barbarian orc/half-orc followers of a version of the Silver Flame. There are also the orc/half-orc clans and tribes in the Shadow Marches. But really, you could be from anywhere.

mips42

Adventurer
Who is your Criminal Contact? Where is DePoe from?
He could be from anywhere. I wrote it that way on purpose. If we're stating in Sharn, he's from Sharn. Prowling the back alleys, slums and sewers looking for his next score. As for the Criminal Contact, at least the way I read it, is not just one person. "You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you." AND I figured I'd let the DM name them. His creation, after all. But, if it's up to me, I'll call them Etush Denis.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Edit: Alright, Ogham's finished! Subject to DM permission, of course.

So I’ve got my stats so far on paper and will add them later to this post (now on mobile) but I want to put something up for my character.

Does anyone want a connection to a strong, too-trusting warforged?

Ogham
NG warforged inheritor druid 1

warforged 11.jpg

Name: Ogham
Sex: identifies as male
Race: Warforged
Class/Level: Druid 1
Alignment: Neutral Good
Size: Medium
Languages: Common, Druidic, Orc, Sylvan
Speed: 30ft.
Init: +1
Prof. Bonus: +2
Passive Perception: 15

DEFENSE
AC:
15 (+1 armor, +1 dex, +1 racial, +2 shield)
HD: 1d8+3
Maximum HP: 11
Current HP: 11
Saves: Intelligence +0, Wisdom +5
Note: Advantage on saving throws versus being poisoned and resistance on poison damage; immune to disease; magic cannot put you to sleep (Constructed Resilience). Immune to magical aging effects (racial).

OFFENSE
Melee:
Mace +4 (1d6+2 bludgeoning)
Magic: Thorn Whip +5 (1d6 piercing and if Large or smaller, pulled 10 feet closer to you; range 30)

STATISTICS
Str
14 (+2), Dex 13 (+1) , Con 16 (+3), Int* 7 (-2), Wis* 17 (+3), Cha 9 (-1)
RACIAL FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Warforged
Ability scores: Constitution +2, any other +1 (Wisdom)
Constructed Resilience: Advantage on saving throws versus being poisoned, resistance on poison damage; no need to eat, drink or breathe; immune to disease; no need to sleep, magic cannot put you to sleep. Immune to magical aging effects.
Sentry’s Rest: Can spend a Long Rest as 6 hours of inactivity; not unconscious, can see and hear normally.
Integrated Protection: AC +1; incorporate a set of armor in 1 hour; doff 1 hour; armor cannot be removed against your will while you are alive.
Specialized Design: Bonus skill proficiency (Perception), bonus tool proficiency (Woodcarver’s tools)
Languages: Common, one extra language (Sylvan)

BACKGROUND FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Inheritor
Skill Proficiencies: Survival, History
Tool Proficiencies: Gaming set: cards
Language: Extra language (Orc)
Inheritance: You are the heir of something of great value: an amulet-sized Gatekeeper seal.

CLASS FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Druid
Armor and Weapon Proficiencies: Light and medium armor, shields (no metal); clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears
Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism kit
Druidic: You know Druidic, the secret language of the druids.
Spellcasting: Can cast spells; see Magic, below.

SKILLS (* Proficient)
+1 (dex) Acrobatics
+5 (wis) Animal Handling*
-2 (int) Arcana
+2 (str) Athletics
-1 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History*
+3 (wis) Insight
-1 (cha) Intimidation
-2 (int) Investigation
+3 (wis) Medicine
+0 (int) Nature*
+5 (wis) Perception*

-1 (cha) Performance
-1 (cha) Persuasion
-2 (int) Religion
+1 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+1 (dex) Stealth
+5 (wis) Survival*
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack: +5
Cantrips (2): Create Bonfire, Thorn Whip
Spells Prepared (4): Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Entangle, Speak With Animals
Spell Slots Used: Level 1: 0/2
Create Bonfire (XGtE)
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
You create a bonfire on ground that you can see within range. Until the spell ends, the magic bonfire fills a 5-foot cube. Any creature in the bonfire's space when you cast the spell must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take 1d8 fire damage. A creature must also make the saving throw when it moves into the bonfire's space for the first time on a turn or ends its turn there. The bonfire ignites flammable objects in its area that aren't being worn or carried.
The spell's damage increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th level (2d8), 11th level (3d8), and 17th level (4d8).

Thorn Whip
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S, M (the stem of a plant with thorns)
Duration: Instantaneous
You create a long, vine-like whip covered in thorns that lashes out at your command toward a creature in range. Make a melee spell attack against the target. If the attack hits, the creature takes 1d6 piercing damage, and if the creature is Large or smaller, you pull the creature up to 10 feet closer to you.
This spell's damage increases by 1d6 when you reach 5th level (2d6), 1 1th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6).

Absorb Elements (XGtE)
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you take acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage
Range: Self
Components: S
Duration: 1 round
The spell captures some of the incoming energy, lessening its effect on you and storing it for your next melee attack. You have resistance to the triggering damage type until the start of your next turn. Also, the first time you hit with a melee attack on your next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6 damage of the triggering type, and the spell ends.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the extra damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Cure Wounds
Range: Touch
Duration: Instantaneous
A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.

Entangle
Range: 90 feet
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Grasping weeds and vines sprout from the ground in a 20-foot square starting from a point within range. For the duration, these plants turn the ground in the area into difficult terrain. A creature in the area when you cast the spell must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be restrained by the entangling plants until the spell ends. A creature restrained by the plants can use its action to make a Strength check against your spell save DC. On a success, it frees itself. When the spell ends, the conjured plants wilt away.

Speak With Animals
Range: Self
Duration: 10 minutes
You gain the ability to comprehend and verbally communicate with beasts for the duration. The knowledge and awareness of many beasts is limited by their intelligence, but at minimum, beasts can give you information about nearby locations and monsters, including whatever they can perceive or have perceived within the past day. You might be able to persuade a beast to perform a small favor for you, at the DM's discretion.
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
At first glance Ogham appears to be just another warforged soldier – metal and stone plates over vinelike wooden fibres, a dim light where his eyes would be – but a closer look reveals that the metal is slowly rusting, the wood is growing tiny branches and leafs, and a green glow comes from beneath his chest plate.

The amulet that is buried within his chest is the source of that green glow, and of the druidic magic that the warforged commands. Each time the glow diminishes until Ogham takes a rest to restore the magic – but he has not yet figured out what rituals are necessary for the activation of the warding seal.

The large warforged is one of the older models, although these notable changes have made him into something unique.

BIO
Ogham knows what he was before the Mourning: a soldier; a created warrior going where his commander told him to, killing the other soldiers he was pointed at. He wasn’t the brightest of them, but the one now calling himself Ogham was good at following orders.

What he is now, however...

On the day of the Mourning, he was tasked to protect a trio of orcish Gatekeeper druids through Cyre, carrying a small amulet that – once brought to its destination and after the proper rituals – was said to protect the world from madness.

The druids were kind enough, despite their initial suspicions of his kind, and with the warforged’s identifications they passed many security checks without issue.

Disaster struck on a rainy afternoon. Ogham and the druids witnessed a huge wave of magical energy sweep over the land with impossible speed, and the three druids instinctively called upon the forces of nature and of the amulet to keep them all safe...

Ogham awoke with a painful pulsing sensation in his chest. Never before had he experienced unconsciousness, and it scared him... but not as much as discovering that the world around him had changed dramatically.

The druids were gone. The lush landscape vanished and replaced by a dreary, grey wasteland. And the amulet was now lodged deep in his chest and glowing a faint green, whispering the voices of the druids, just barely audible in his head.

The large mechanical warrior, now attracting animals big and small, has been walking and looking for answers ever since...

Personality Traits: I talk slowly and deliberately, if at all. I feel more comfortable among animals or in battle than in polite conversation with people.
Ideal: Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. (Good)
Bond: The druidic amulet inside my chest is my responsibility, as it was for the druids who died to protect it.
Flaw: I am far too trusting. Also, I do not understand metaphors.
Warforged Quirk: I am obsessed by my appearance and constantly polish my rusting plating.
COMBAT GEAR
Mace
Leather armor
Shield (wooden)

OTHER GEAR
Druidic focus (Gatekeeper seal amulet (totem))
Inheritance (Gatekeeper seal amulet)
Traveller’s clothes
Deck of cards
Pouch
Explorer's pack:
  • backpack
  • bedroll
  • mess kit
  • tinderbox
  • torch x10
  • rations x10
  • waterskin
  • rope, hempen 50ft.

MONEY
15 gp

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I inadvertently created a Groot-like character, so being friends with a small talking humanoid animal with a fondness of tinkering, fits perfectly, actually.

Last edited:

Remove ads