D&D 5E EB's Campaign Craziness (One Shot - Interest Check)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Looking to start Princes of the Apocalypse using random character gene. Only for race, class, background.

Start up after the first of the year, let me see here who is interested in that game. My goal is to run all the adventures except Tomb of Annihilation as I am in that game atm. Storm King to be MAR/APRIL maybe, might change it about a lot.

So if I get five people brave enough to let the dice decide their fates then I will post a thread to start generating some characters.

Well, I'm brave enough to have no control over Thia in OotA so why not this as well. You should dice off for subclass too. :) Also, point buy? standard array? 3d6 six times IN ORDER?

tglassy

Adventurer
In order would be insane.

I'll bite. I'll be honest, though, I might back out if I can't get behind the concept, but it might be fun to be random.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
I like the rolling for concept as well so will add that, thanks.

The difference here will be the characters will be yours to tweak the only thing out of your control would be race, class, concept, and background. Once you have all those sorted out, everything else you get to chose. I have the creation thought out...

Race: roll 2d100
1) Race
2) Subrace if needed or Rare Race roll

Class/Concept/Background: roll 3d100
1) Class
2) Concept
3) Background

Stats:
16, 14, 13, 11, 11, 10

Starting Level: 1st
HP: Max @1st lvl then max -3 + CON modifier after that (Barbarians get 9 + CON, Wizards get 3 + CON, etc.)
Starting Equipment: Starting package w/background gold, plus 30gp to buy additional gear
Trinket: roll or pick

My take on the stats is just in case you roll a race/class that doesn't give your main stat a bonus.

Example:
Dragonborn Rogue with the standard arry you get a max 15 dex and probably put your 8 in STR so sub optimal, but with these stats you could go, DEX 16 and then still have other ok stats. Let me know what you all think.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Was going to wait to post the chart/roll for characters. But everyone seems excited so I will start a recruitment/ooc thread tonight.

Here is what you all got - just remember that the rolls for class were 17, 19, and 23 which is why they are all the same.

jonathonhawke
halfling
stout
cleric
life domain
outlander

tglassy
tiefling
none
cleric
tempest domain
sailor