D&D 5E EB's Curse of Strahd IC (Year One)

hero4hire

Explorer
"No games Old Woman. Why did you bring us here against our will?" Digger demanded, anger showing through the cracks of his stone cold façade.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Halo stands next to Digger. While the big man's ire is quite impressive indeed, the malice in Halo's eyes cannot be denied. She is ready to call the fires of the forge down upon this camp and burn it to cinders if that's what it takes.

tglassy

Adventurer
Josiah isn’t as crass as to point his gun at the woman when he walks in, so he holstered it. But he did keep his hand on the hilt.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Wagner stays silent as the newcomers confronted Madame Eva. If they were mistwalkers, they have reason to be angry. But for him, they could represent a path to redemption.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Me?" she says with a hint of a worried frown. "I did not bring you here. You are guest of the great Strahd von Zarovich, the only being powerful enough to grant one the ability to travel The Mist."

She looks at the frowns, the anger in the eye, and the ready to strike postures. "I serve His will, and he willed that you be told how to defeat Him, before He brought you to His domain. It is all of you," and with this she looks to Wagner. "With a little help from others, that were chosen to lift the Curse of Strahd."

OOC: Insight DC 0 = She is telling the truth. Wagner knows that many adventurers (mistwalkers) have come to this world from many others to free Barovia from the evil that is the Devil Strahd. None have succeeded.

tglassy

Adventurer
Josiah blinked. “Strahd wants us to kill him. I can think of easier ways than sucking a bunch of wolves on us and stealing one of our number once we’re down...”

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Digger let out a low growl from deep within his throat. As much as he did not want to accept the crone's explanation, he was forced to hear the truth in it. They were pawns in a game of a Very Old & Evil Immortal, a game played only to alleviate centuries of boredom. But this Strahd had become complacent and overconfident and the Gravedigger aimed to make him pay for it.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"He will not make it easy," Madam Eva says with a little laugh. "And you must prove you are up to this task. And He will not wait around idly as you gather the power to destroy Him. He will destroy you all if you do not destroy him first."

The confusion is nothing new to the gypsy. "Follow your clues, gather your power. And then. Only then. Face the Devil Strahd in his home. In the Castle Ravemloft. Now go! I have told you all you need to know. And have introduced you to one that will willing help you in your quest." She adds with a nod to Wagner. "This is all I will do."

Remove ads