D&D 5E EB's Out of My Abysmal Mind - OOC (FULL)

EarlyBird

Explorer
I wish I had more to work with than the picture, stats, and the game starting with us captured by some unknown group. Not much world building here. The product sheet just says madness is coming.

I also feel she should have Deception or Survival. Otherwise she's not much of a scout/infiltrator. Since she doesn't have one of those skill, I wrote her background as counter-intelligence since her wisdom (and perception) are too low for going off into unknown territory by herself. She would get lost too much. :)

Here goes:

Thia

Trait: I am guarded and slow to become friends.
Trait: I act like I don't care about anything. But important things matter.
Ideal: Freedom is important. Curbed freedom must be fought against.
Bond: Anyone who treats me as weak because I'm a woman or an elf, will find out I'm not so weak.
Flaw: I don't think there's anyone in this world who will love me and thus I push people away

Personality: Thia was once an outgoing, fun-loving person. When she lets her guard down, that person peeks out sometimes. But otherwise she seems as dour as a dwarf, all business.

Background: Thia loves to sing old romantic tales and tell stories of ancient heroes. Doing so reminds her of Feliza Manig, her mentor and teacher for many years. She does not talk about her parents, her father always complained about not having a son. This is also why she doesn't tell people her family name when she introduces herself.

Then the war came and her music teacher was killed in a raid on his village. She immediately put down her flute and enlisted as a scout. She worked mostly in counter-intelligence, spreading rumors and discord among the enemies, investigating rumors, and routing out enemy spies.

Posted before I saw this edit.

So she probably was party of a group, one character which could have been a guide to help Thia not become lost. You may also notice that these aren't typical characters I wanted to explore different archetypes as well as some spells and feats (to come). The counter-intelligence is a great add in, I like thinking of her outwitting her opponents more than using brute force. She feels like the "Hannibal" of her A-Team when they went on a mission.

So she was still a soldier when she was captured? Did she fight some drow that were in an orc camp and wasn't ready? Or was she ambushed? Betrayed by a party member (thus why she isn't trusting now)? A low wisdom can be played as absent -minded or tends to focus on one/two things and does not multi-tasking well. Is Thia all about the mission and everything else normally comes in second or never gets a second thought.

So she probably was party of a group, one character which could have been a guide to help Thia not become lost. You may also notice that these aren't typical characters I wanted to explore different archetypes as well as some spells and feats (to come). The counter-intelligence is a great add in, I like thinking of her outwitting her opponents more than using brute force. She feels like the "Hannibal" of her A-Team when they went on a mission.
That's why I lamented that she did not have deception. Intimidation seems completely wrong for someone who doesn't use brute force. I like the differentness of the build. And not having expertise in perception would bother me if I didn't know you were going for different. But Intimidation is just a bit off. Although, I suppose Hannibal would lean more toward intimidate given Templeton was the face man.

So she was still a soldier when she was captured? Did she fight some drow that were in an orc camp and wasn't ready? Or was she ambushed? Betrayed by a party member (thus why she isn't trusting now)? A low wisdom can be played as absent -minded or tends to focus on one/two things and does not multi-tasking well. Is Thia all about the mission and everything else normally comes in second or never gets a second thought.

Yes, I was thinking the war was how she got captured. I'm going to say she was working for Highmoon in the Dalelands. She wasn't betrayed by a teammate, but instead by a higher up who fed her team bad intell. As the mission went south, she ended up captured making sure one party member escaped (or so she hopes). But it wasn't until she was stewing in shackles that she figured out her team had been betrayed. Arral Tymon was his name, another bastard who can't believe women are useful outside of the bedroom and because Thia was effective, she apparently had to go. She will not forget his name.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I think Intimidation came from Soldier background, perhaps she has become proficient with that over Deception due to living "in a man's world" (being a soldier). Perhaps she had to turn to it more than Deception with all the men in the army to keep so many hands at bay (lol). And thus is why she is better at it. Can still be Deceptive, just not something she has prefected.

Like the added background, would she have another bond? Wronged by Arral Tymon, and when Thia can she will see him brought to justice. Hope you are having fun filling in all the blanks btw.

Like the added background, would she have another bond? Wronged by Arral Tymon, and when Thia can she will see him brought to justice. Hope you are having fun filling in all the blanks btw.
I can write it as a bond. I don't usually bother with the ideal/bond/flaw stuff beyond the basics. Motivations in the history are no more or less important. But if prefer it called out, I can call it out.

Filling in blanks is fine, but I'm use to leaving some blank space for discovery in game. (I would never want to fill out one of those 100 question who is this character surveys you see in writing circles.)

I'll post a new copy of Thia's background later (have to run out right now) and hopefully we'll be ready to run.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Sounds good that means we are getting close to a start.

Everyone want to roll a d20 so I can see what great item your character starts the game with and I can add it into the opening post I am writing.

TallIan

Explorer
Saw Finnan's update and I think he is good to go. Please post what you have in the RG [MENTION=6853819]TallIan[/MENTION]
Done

_: 1D20 = [1] = 1
Is that really good or really bad :p

Also, For a trinket, Finnan still has the ring Krelius used on him. It's similar to the 05 option on the trinket table, except it's silver and radiates faint magic. The other ring of the pair, that Krelius would have worn has been destroyed so the ring doesn't work anymore, but the curse remains and Finnan can't get it off. The idea being that it is part of his link to his patron.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Excellent, bet those drow beat you up good trying to get it off. Reason to hate them even more.

And getting your rolls of 1 out of the way early is always good. lol

Remove ads