D&D 5E EB's Out of My Abysmal Mind - OOC (FULL)

Thia

Trait: I am guarded and slow to become friends.
Trait: I act like I don't care about anything. But important things matter.
Ideal: Freedom is important. Curbed freedom must be fought against.
Bond: Anyone who treats me as weak because I'm a woman or an elf, will find out I'm not so weak.
Bond: Arral Tymon must pay for his betrayal.
Flaw: I don't think there's anyone in this world who will love me and thus I push people away

Personality: Thia was once an outgoing, fun-loving person. When she lets her guard down, that person peeks out sometimes. But otherwise she seems as dour as a dwarf, all business.

Background: Thia was born in the forests around the Highmoon area of the Dalelands. She loves to sing old romantic tales and tell stories of ancient heroes. Doing so reminds her of Feliza Manig, her mentor and teacher for many years. She does not talk about her parents, her father always complained about not having a son. This is also why she doesn't tell people her family name when she introduces herself. The rift between her and her father, Milgal, drove her to move into Highmoon proper. She worked various jobs in Highmoon, including spending a few months working at the Leaves of Learning, a temple to Oghma well known for its library. (Some of the people became friends with there might be Harpers though she would not necessarily be aware of that.)

Raids on nearby villages started happening a year ago. No one knew who the raiders were though there was a mix of rumors blaming the Zhents and the Drow. Thia was working as an entertainer in the Ashen Wheel Inn when she found out about a raid on the village where Feliza lived. When she found out Feliza had died, Thia went to the local barracks and signed up to fight the raiders.

She chaffed over the basic training and thanks to recommendation from an unknown benefactor (a Harper?) in the temple, she found herself being trained in counter-intelligence, spreading rumors and discord among the enemies, investigating rumors, and routing out enemy spies. With several initial successes, she quickly came to notice of the officers as she attained leadership of a four-man infiltration team when promoted to the rank of Lieutenant.

On her last mission, she guided her team into a camp of drow. On later reflection, getting in was too easy. Major Arral Tymon had set up the mission, not her usual commander. Only Tymon knew where they were going and what the goal was. She believes he set them up for failure.

hero4hire

Explorer
I've been playing since I was 8.
I am 48 now. I have slain Gods and been killed by tripping over invisible turtles. I have seen Suns die and countless dice rituals. Do your worst!

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Remove ads