D&D 5E EB's Out of My Abysmal Mind - OOC (FULL)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Kildrak Firebeard

Trait: I place no stock in wealthy or well mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from an angry Hook Horror.

Ideal: Honor If I dishonor myself, I dishonor the memory of my whole clan.

A dwarf shall never act against any
other dwarf, of any clan, by aiding or using
the aid of nondwarven creatures.
A dwarf shall not refuse to aid another
dwarf of the clan, when the life or health
of the needy dwarf is in danger.
A dwarf shall not steal from another
dwarf, nor keep from another dwarf that
which is his or hers by right, whether
through force or deceit.
A dwarf shall not conceal personal injury
or illness from fellows of the same
clan.
A dwarf shall not speak falsely to another
dwarf.

Bond: I am the last of my clan, and it is up to me to make sure their names become legend.

Flaw: I remember every insult I've received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who's every wronged me.

Personality:
Kildrak is full of bluff and bluster. Underneath his gruff exterior his soul mourns for his lost family and friends.

Background:
The Firebeards were a small clan of dwarves who ran an Adamantine mining outpost deep into the Underdark.
The Drow, greedy for the Adamantine as their own, invaded the clan and killed his brethren. The lone survivor of the massacre, Kildrak escaped into Underdark, learning to survive and vowing to Valkauna; the goddess of oaths, death and birth, to avenge the deaths of his kin.
Kildrak has lent his skills more than once to adventuring parties. His latest endeavours have once again found him the sole survivor of another drow massacre. This time however with him in shackles!

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Looks ready to go. I like the Oath of Dwarvanism (haha), that should play well with RPing with all of these non-dwarves about. Only question I have to start is how long ago did Kildrak lose his family and clan? Since dwarves are long lived we could say 10-15 years keep it fresh but still have time for him to become a guide and such.

Pleas epost this up in the RG.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I will be posting NPCs this week. There will be information in there that you have learned from your short time enslaved by the drow. In case anyone has played this before I will be changing up some of the motives backgrounds of them (and changing them for my own fun of course).

I hope to post an opening this time next week (or SUN nite to have MON for reactions). Any questions before we start or about the NPCs as I post them please feel free to ask.

From what I read I could make this a heavy RP game, and am hoping to lean that way just a bit. Say 65/35 (RP/Combat).

OH! almost forgot. For this experiment I wish to add one more. I will be awarding one group point of Inspiration at some point during the game. That player after using the Group Inspiration may pass it on to a player of his choice, but only to someone who hasn't had it yet.

Then after the last person has used the Group Inspiration I will take it back and will then hand it out for another round of passing by the group sometime later.

Example:
I give the group Inspiration to Kildrak to start.
He uses it and it passes to Thia. After Thia uses the reroll, it must pass to either Finnan or Atallia
Thia passes it to Atallia (its a girl thing)
After Atallia uses the reroll it must pass on to Finnan.
After used by Finnan it gets passed back to the DM.

Then at some point the Group Inspiration DIe will get put back into circulation. I'll keep track of this in the RG, just something else I wish to see how it goes. If it is bad we can try something different or go back to the original way of playing it.

hero4hire

Explorer
Looks ready to go. I like the Oath of Dwarvanism (haha), that should play well with RPing with all of these non-dwarves about. Only question I have to start is how long ago did Kildrak lose his family and clan? Since dwarves are long lived we could say 10-15 years keep it fresh but still have time for him to become a guide and such.

Pleas epost this up in the RG.
Time frame works for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

TallIan

Explorer
I haven't played it though I looked at the free pdf from WotC when I was considering which adventure to run as IRL DM. So I know we start as prisoners of the drow and have to escape, plus a tiny bit more, but I was deliberately trying NOT to find out too much with the hope that someone would step up and offer to DM it at some point (most of my RPG friends are too lazy to DM). This was also when OotA was released so I'm hoping my poor memory helps and I can't remember any real spoilers.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Does anyone know how to post a picture the the left and words to the right of the picture???. I would put this NPCs two to a post if there wasn't so much dead space.

I will be changing up a couple of the NPCs to keep everyone guessing.

Well, it's not perfect, but you can play with tables.

[ table="width: 100%" ]
[ tr][ td]Text[ /td][ td][ img]url[ /url][/ td][ /tr ]
[ /table ]

JimJar, male deep gnome
Attitude: Friendly
Trait: To be free I'll risk everything. Well.. maybe not everything.
Ideal: Get rich quick - in case you die young.
Bond: Always pay back a bet, so others will pay you back.
Flaw: Heavy gambling problem. Bets on everything.
Languages: Common and Gnome
Personality: JimJar is everyone's friend and always seems to have a small smile as if he finds everything funny. Always ready with a funny quip, his wit has been known to cause him trouble.
Background: JimJar has been captured the longest and it shows. He tries to hide in the crowd when the drow are near, and does whatever task they ask without a word. Nothing of his past has come to be learned as he seems to change the subject rather well.
View attachment 91074

EarlyBird

Explorer
And that is the last of the NPCs, Whew! How would you play all of them IRL?? It would be so hectic for sure.

So starting the IC may take another day. I have been back and forth in how I wished to approach this and this morning finally settled on everyone in the pen possibly gathering round to plan their escape. I am also thinking of a crude map of the areas you have seen or can see from where you are.

Think of the slave pen as a big open area full of half mad monsters (like a psych ward common room) roaming back and forth, brooding, and other oddball stuff. I am going to describe the area you are in, your restraints, the item each of you found, and chores you have done the past day or so to give you an ideal of what day to day has been like.

Then after I describe the past couple days of your capture I will leave the thread open so we can all RP, there are so many NPCs that it should be easy to find someone to talk to after you group of "surfacers" finish talking to each other.

Also I added a physical description of each character in the RG, I also added some small quirks to give you all a jumping off point to add things of your own as we play. These were mostly inspiration from the pictures.

Ok everyone I will be seeing you all in the IC soon.

Remove ads