Starfinder Ed Starfinder-1-01

biotech66

Explorer
But the young women comes alive when you ask how you can help, Yes! you can help in a ton of ways! I've got a racer prebuilt right here! She leads you to her pit to a ~decent~ racer. It's a hunk of junk, but it will run. You can help me by...

Let's go through the rules of what you can do!
JUNK RACE PREPARATION
Each PC can take four actions before the race, which they may use to improve Laboni’s vehicle or engage with the other racers (detailed below). After this time, the race begins, although the PCs can still assist Laboni from the sidelines. Further information on how the PCs can spend their actions is detailed below.
Improve Laboni’s Junkracer: PCs can spend an action to attempt a DC 16 Computers, Engineering, Perception, or Physical Science check to find parts in the scrapyard and install them in Laboni’s racer; at the GM’s discretion, other rolls or abilities may be used to the same effect, so long as the player provides an adequate reason. The GM should remind players struggling with the checks that PCs can use the aid another action to assist each other’s rolls. Weapons installed on the vehicle do not cause damage, but instead impose penalties to the target’s Piloting rolls for 1 round on a successful hit.
Every successful check allows the PCs to pick one improvement from the list below to apply to the vehicle’s statistics; these bonuses are cumulative.
• The vehicle’s base speed increases by 5 feet.
• The vehicle gains a +1 Piloting modifier.
• The vehicle gains a +1 attack modifier.
• The vehicle gains a +2 bonus to its EAC.
• The vehicle gains a +2 bonus to its KAC.
• The PCs install a basic energy weapon on the vehicle (imposes a –4 base Piloting penalty on a hit).
• The PCs install a basic kinetic weapon on the vehicle (imposes a –4 base Piloting penalty on a hit).
• The PCs upgrade a weapon to impose an additional –2 penalty to enemy Piloting checks on a successful hit.

Investigating the Enemy: PCs can scout out their opponents with a DC 15 Sense Motive check, or examine their opponents’ vehicles with a DC 15 Engineering check. A PC can do this as part of making a prerace improvement skill check—the PC can take breaks during the improvement attempt and casually investigate one of the other racers. Otherwise, it costs a PC one of his prerace actions to converse with or examine all members of the competition. This check does not grant exact knowledge of an opponent’s statistics, but the GM can provide the PCs an idea of a driver’s skill or the associated vehicle’s strengths and weaknesses. On a successful check, the PC can ask one pertinent question about the pilot’s skill or about the vehicle the pilot is driving (or receives similar relevant information, if a player is unsure what he or she should be asking about).

Sabotage: PCs can attempt to sabotage the other vehicles, but they must dodge the eyes of everyone in the ramshackle stadium by spending a prerace action and attempting at a DC 20 Stealth check.
Failing this check raises the DC of future Stealth checks to sabotage vehicles by 2. A PC who succeeds at this check can then attempt a DC 15 Engineering check on one of the opposing vehicles to either reduce the vehicle’s speed by 10 feet or to impose a –4 penalty on one of the vehicle’s modifiers. If the PC is caught cheating in this manner, the offending PC is tossed out of the engine pit. If the PCs are caught cheating again, it is grounds for the immediate disqualification of the entire team.

Socializing: PCs may also take this time to speak to the other pilots. During their prerace actions, they can forgo making an Engineering or Sense Motive check to examine and socialize with their opponents. The junkers are busy with their own preparations and do not have much time to talk. The GM should try to limit conversation to keep the game moving at a reasonable pace. Below is a listing of all the racers and their statistics, descriptions, and pertinent information for PCs attempting social skill checks with this action type.

The other racers are: Lemgem, Nyizin, Orsis, Ratrod, and Velocity.

What would you like to do?

BASIC JUNKRACER
Speed 40 ft., full 400 ft.
EAC 10; KAC 12
Attack energy weapon (–4 to Piloting)
Modifiers +2 Piloting, –3 attack
Passengers 1
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Remote Control Laboni’s junkracer and weaponry can be
remotely controlled by the PCs, allowing them to make attack
rolls and attempt Piloting checks in her place.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Do you want us to declare all our actions at once, or do you want to go in rounds, one action each? Ashlyn can do Perception, Sense Motive, and Diplomacy

Shayuri

First Post
Tisi begins scanning the racer's source code for the control computer, and looking for upgrades that might be lurking among the scrap and junk nearby.

(Computer checks all the way home!)
Computer [dice]1d20+7[/dice]

CharlotteOz

Explorer
With her little light in hand, Tara finds herself poking through heaps of metal in the scrapyard, looking for anything that might have been overlooked by the other racers. She comes back with a wonky but salvagable vehicle mounted stunner, which should hopefully come in handy once she knocks a little bit of the caked on corrosion off of it.

OOC: (Perception checks!)

Perception checks (DC16): 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23
1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8

I'll say, adding a basic energy weapon, and adding a +1 attack modifier.

Also, if it's entirely possible, Tara'd like to try an Intimidate check to try and psyche out the other racers; telling a story about how said weapon was part of a legendary racer that left scorch marks on the track that they've almost managed to scrub out.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Absalom Station/Botscrap
Round 0

Perception: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24

Sense Motive: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15

Ashlyn looked around the junk and found a couple parts that would make the racer faster. Then she went and examined some of the competition, stopping by Ratrod and Velocity.

OOC: Ashlyn will add +10 speed, and got successful Sense Motives on Ratrod and Velocity, so I get one piece of information each.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:.
Standard:
Full:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5/5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 1* (mk 1 Ring of Resistance) Will: 6
Healing Channel: 1 Resolve point: Self: Move; Touch: Action; All w/in 30’: Full
Healing Touch (1/d): 10m, 5 hp/L
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Mind Thrust, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]

biotech66

Explorer
OOC: Ed? Are you dead? Nope, but my wife had a close friend die. That sucks, but we are also the closest people so I've been cleaning out a house for the last few weeks. Life is semiback to normal, so posts resume tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - No worries man, take it easy and deal with RL first. Not that you need me to tell you that, but just know there's no hard feelings on this side. :))

biotech66

Explorer
Im back! You all spend a lot of time suping up the racer! Its ready to roll and from looking around you find out that Velocity is alone in this race.
OOC: You could make an extra roll to persuade Velocity to partner up. I don't shoot you, you don't shoot me and we shoot other people together...

Ratrod is an ass, but you learn that Ratrod has a special energy shield that will convert energy damage to a piloting bonus...

With the racer ready to roll, Lemgem steps up to your group. She's a beauty now! I think I can pilot this thing to victory! She seems brave, but you could step in via remote to take over the car. Does anyone want to run the race for her, or do you want to sit back and watch her fly?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases