• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eladrin (H. Elf) vs Tiefling RM:UT Round 2

Which is the BEST PC Race? Public Poll

• Eladrin (H. Elf)

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • Tiefling

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • A pixie with too much eyeliner

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Tieflings.

Eladrins to me are a case of one too many Roosters (Elves) in the Hen House.

I like my Elves to be Woodsy (with a hint of chocolate and cherry;)).

:cool:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
High Elves are goth? I thought being goth meant being down on yourself, not thinking you're superior to everyone else.

Of course, when I think of "high elves" I think of Warhammer Fantasy's where they're all wearing the flowing white, silver, and gold. Not understanding the goth label.

interwyrm

First Post
I like Eladrin as Sidhe, and Tieflings as they were in 3e.

Voting eladrin though, as they are the most mechanically interesting to me. (<3 teleporting)

drothgery

First Post
Tieflings are a half-evil race, and therefore very near the bottom of the sucky race hierarchy ( which is half race > weird race > evil race > half-evil race > plant people ). Whereas Eladrin are the only really cool elves.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
High Elves are goth? I thought being goth meant being down on yourself, not thinking you're superior to everyone else.

Of course, when I think of "high elves" I think of Warhammer Fantasy's where they're all wearing the flowing white, silver, and gold. Not understanding the goth label.

I should have called it a SUPER COOLDOWN

EDIT:

Oh, and its the pale skin, heavy use of product in hair, eyeliner, and knowing that winter sucks, but less then the other three seasons.

EDIT EDIT: And the music. Don't ask (or listen).

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I really, really like tieflings, but, at least right now, they don't have the stats to be a really awesome infernal warlock as their fluff indicates they should be. If they had an option to get a +2 Con/+2 Int, I'd pick them in a heartbeat.

While eladrin are Dex/Int - which is probably the suckiest stat combo right now - at the very least they make good war wizards and have a really fun racial encounter power. They are a race whose mechanics represent their fluff in a much better way, IMO.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Wanna be demons who claim they used to be humans (but were cursed) ... who used to be the product of demonic sex vs wann-be elves, who formerly were elves, who are so pretentious that they claim that they are related to faeries faeries while not wanting to either faeries or elves who does not realize that elves were originally faeries.

Wow.. Self denial FTW!

Last edited:

Mercule

Adventurer
I still don't know why they renamed elves in 4e. But I do like tying the Feywild to them.

4e tieflings, on the other hand, pretty much suck. Even if the cursed lineage fluff is fairly cool, the thick tail and over-the-top features is lame. Give me extremely subtle tiefling features that only manifest every few generations, then we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads