• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eladrin (H. Elf) vs Tiefling RM:UT Round 2

Which is the BEST PC Race? Public Poll

• Eladrin (H. Elf)

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • Tiefling

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • A pixie with too much eyeliner

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutecius

Explorer
I really, really like tieflings, but, at least right now, they don't have the stats to be a really awesome infernal warlock as their fluff indicates they should be. If they had an option to get a +2 Con/+2 Int, I'd pick them in a heartbeat.
those stats would definitely better match their fluff. I suppose devils are used to hellish conditions and I don't find tieflings particularly charismatic.

While eladrin are Dex/Int - which is probably the suckiest stat combo right now - at the very least they make good war wizards and have a really fun racial encounter power.
I think one of the designers said eladrin had a sucky stat combo precisely because they had feystep.

Stormtower

First Post
Looks like I'm on the wrong side of this one. I like the 4E tieflings' flavor much more than the port-happy eladrin. Oh well.

Why are Eladrin and Half-elves being grouped together?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Looks like I'm on the wrong side of this one. I like the 4E tieflings' flavor much more than the port-happy eladrin. Oh well.

Why are Eladrin and Half-elves being grouped together?

H.Elves means High Elves not Half-elves... you know, what Eldadrin were before WoTC decided High Elves needed to use a trademarkable and copyrightable name.

Byronic

First Post
I voted Eladrin, but only because they're more like the Exalted or Changeling the Lost kinda Eldritch Elves rather then the WotC kind in my setting.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
sorry for any name confusion. Almost all the races have a pre 4E history, and I wanted the pole to be open to fans of different editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads