• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Endless Quest books, remember them?

They were amongst my earliest exposures to the whole D&D thing, and a big part of what got me into gaming. Rose Estes' work in creating accessible on-ramps to the hobby for kids deserves more praise.

It would definitely be possible to convert them into actual modules. Raid on Nightmare Castle, for example, has enough details to get the hook, NPCs, starting point, wilderness section, and final dungeon sketched out.

dave2008

Legend
Yes I do! Shen had quite an impression on my young self. Particularly...

In on of the potential end results you are able to convince the "Dragon of Doom," that it doesn't need to destroy the world as the mad wizard desires. Shen, the Dragon of Doom, instead dissolves the wizard with its acid. I will say the interior art is not very good in this one though.

PS - I've made 5e Stats for Shen (but they need an update).

DoD.jpg

GreyLord

Legend
I still have Endless Quest books up to #34, and a complete collection of the Super Endless Quest books. The person who posted the pics above though has more than I. They had more of the original series and the New Endless quest books which I never got (didn't even know they existed until a few years ago).

I did get the New Endless Quest books released by WotC recently, and I got the even bigger gamebooks written under the Catacombs moniker.

PS: In regards to a poster above #13 was one of my favorites of the Endless quest line. That and Mountain of Mirrors were some of the best ones.

Remove ads