• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Manzanita

First Post
Torn sees some of the others rushing from the room. "What's going on?" she asks.

She's tempted to rush on out, but would love to have some gear. Are Naquent and the mindflayer armed or armored? If so, she'll ask Lylamwyn to dispell the tentecals so she can loot their corpses. While waiting, she'll ask the ghost, "Who are you?"

OOC: This game reminds me of Mission Impossible II, where people are constantly wearing someone else's face. It's a weird game, but cool, full of twists.

Endur

First Post
Upon the Mind Flayers's body, Lylamwyn, Toriah, and Torn find: two wands (magic), a ring (magic), an arcane scroll of see invisibility, an arcane scroll of displacement, a cloak (magic), and a silver necklace with moonstones (700gp value).

Upon Naquent's body, Lylamwyn, Toriah, and Torn find: full plate (magic), heavy steel shield, masterwork morningstar, light crossbow, 10 bolts, ochre robes, boots (magic), cloak (magic), a wand, potion of gaseous form, divine scroll of true seeing, summon monster V and invisibility purge, holy symbol (obex).

After examining the items, it becomes obvious that Naquent and the Mindflayer were well prepared to deal with invisible enemies, they just didn't think that Kerwyn was a dangerous enough threat that they should use one of their precious scrolls to find him.

The Spirit responds, "I was a prisoner for many years ... years ... years. I am free now ... now ... now. I will go ... go ... go. Beware .... Beware .... Beware. All is not as it seems ... seems ... seems. There is a traitor among you ... you ... you."

The Spirit vanishes.

Endur

First Post
Round 6 Initiative

Belaver has seen through the illusion that disguises the Hag as Canoness Y'Dey, the rest of the party has not yet interacted with the illusion and still sees Canoness Y'Dey.

25: Canoness Y'Dey (in room 33) says in common to Belaver "What? Don't attack me? I'm holding back the evil Elementals!"
25: Large Air Elemental (room 33) looks menacing, but does not act
25: Large Earth Elemental (room 33) looks menacing, but does not act
25: Large Water Elemental (room 33) looks menacing, but does not act
25: Large Fire Elemental (room 33) looks menacing, but does not act
22: Belaver (room 33, Brown Bear form) claws and bites the Canoness (20/9+15=24 hit but does not confirm, 15+15=30 hit, 6+10=16 miss, dmg 25, grapple attempt 9+20/12+24, 15+20/2+24, Canoness is grappled)
20: Lenya (room 33) detects at least ten magical auras in the room
17: Lylamwyn
15: Kerwyn (invisible) clicks the lever, teleports Neshi into the room
10: Torn searches Naquent's body and talks to spirit
7: Craven (room 33)
6: Raner (room 33)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"The rest of you go on. I'm going to equip myself here. Shout back if you really need me." Torn takes the morningstar and smashes the heads of her fallen foes to make sure they aren't easily brought back to life. She shakes here head. "A traitor among us. Isn't there always in this place."

WIth that the cleric begins to struggle into Naquent's full plate. She plans to don the sheild and morningstar. This will take her awhile. If by then no one else has taken the crossbow, magic ring and cloak, she'll put those on too. Then she'll take the divine scrolls and head out.

Endur

First Post
Round 7 Initiative

As Belaver continues to use his claws upon the foul Hag, she loses her patience and decides to respond back with her own wretched claws, dropping the illusion that caused the rest of the party to see her as Canoness Y'Dey.

The bad news is that the four large evil elementals are now moving to attack Belaver.

Lylamwyn, Toriah, and Torn continue to loot Naquent's body.

Lenya detected at least ten magical auras in the room.

25: Foul Hag (-25, in room 33) claws Belaver, forcing him to release her (15+25 vs. 1+20 escaping grapple) and flees from the room (Belaver AOO 8+15=23 miss)
25: Large Air Elemental (room 33) transforms into whirlwind form
25: Large Earth Elemental (room 33) moves and earth pounds Belaver from below (18+12+1=31, dmg 19)
25: Large Water Elemental (room 33) attacks from the other side (10+ 10-4=16 hit, dmg 11)
25: Large Fire Elemental (room 33) attacks Belaver from the other side, blasting him into unconsciousness (20/5+10, critical hit, dmg 20, no fire damage because the bear's fur is wet)
22: Belaver (-50, room 33, Brown Bear form) stabilizes
22: Neshi moves into room 33 and rejoins Belaver, barking over his wounded body at the elementals
20: Lenya (room 33) blasts the elementals with an Eldritch Chain (Earth Elemental 15+ hit, dmg 19, Fire Elemental 11+ hit, dmg 10, Air Elemental 11+ hit, dmg 5)
17: Lylamwyn
15: Kerwyn (invisible) clicks the lever, teleports the stupified Lammasu into the room
10: Torn searches Naquent's body
7: Craven (room 33) moves into the midst of the Elementals and says "Back Foul Spawn of the Abyss"
6: Raner (room 33)

Last edited:

Remove ads