• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

Since detecting magic doesn't seem to work, Lenya decides to blast the elementals to help Belaver. She targets the earth elemental and then the fire and air elementals with her newly developed Eldritch Chain. Lenya also moves as far away as possible, while still keeping the elementals in range of her eldritch powers.

Endur

First Post
Round 8 Initiative

Belaver is unconscious but stabilized. With Neshi and Craven above standing above his body. Neshi growls and bites at the air while Craven boldly stands atop Belaver's form, telling the abyss spawn to go back from whence they came. "Foul Spawn of the Abyss, go back where you came from."

Torn continues to remove armor from Naquent's body.

Lenya detected at least ten magical auras in the room.

The Foul Hag has fled from the Elemental room(33), out a doorway down a corridor in the opposite direction away from the prison area (heading away from room 32).

The winged lion stops drooling and its drowsy eyes open wide as it says, "We should flee from this place. We must not be recaptured by the servants of evil."

25: Foul Hag (-25) fleeing, enters room 34
25: Large Air Elemental (room 33) Air elemental dissipitates into thin air.
25: Large Earth Elemental (room 33) merges down into the floor.
25: Large Water Elemental (room 33) quenches the Fire Elemental and then evaporates.
25: Large Fire Elemental (room 33) is quenched by the Water Elemental
22: Belaver (-50, room 33, Brown Bear form)
22: Neshi barks over Belaver's wounded body at the vanished elementals
20: Lenya (room 33)
17: Lylamwyn
16: Toriah goes to rejoin Belaver, Craven, Lenya, etc.
15: Kerwyn (invisible)
10: Torn starts removing armor from Naquent's body
9: Winged Lion (Lammasu)
7: Craven (room 33)
6: Raner (room 33)

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

Seeing no way to catch the fleeing hag in time, Lenya keeps her distance from the elementals, and if they move to attack any of her allies, she will continue to blast them.

“We should move quickly now, they will soon come for us. Back to the dragon room and get our stuff. We will need it! Hopefully the dragon won't be there...”

Endur

First Post
Lylamwyn mentally sifts through legends and lore he has heard about winged lions. He suspects that the creature Kerwyn rescued is a Lammasu, an extraplanar emissary of the powers of good.

Torn has seen and heard descriptions of the good winged lions who are minions of Heironeous, but she has never seen one in person before being taking prisoner by the cultists.

Pyrex

First Post
"He's right, we need to be gettin out of here. Craven, help me bring Belaver."

With that, Raner goes about trying to figure a useful way to drag the unconscious bear.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“I can bring Belaver. I tried to figure out a way to get out of those damn cells, and I think I finally have an idea how to recreate the teleportation effect, that brought us in and out of there. Let's see!”

Lenya then moves to Belaver's side and touches the druid, and suddenly, the bear vanishes. A few seconds later, Lenya vanishes as well.

From the adjacent room, her voice can be heard afterwards. “Yay! It works!”

Endur

First Post
Belaver is fully healed from Torn's efforts.

The Winged Lion urges the assembled party, "Thank you for freeing me. But we must flee before we are overwhelmed yet again by our former captors. Let us come back to this place with reinforcements."

Endur

First Post
Flashback to the night the party first gathered at the Inn in Hommlet ... Elmo is speaking

"So there I was, adventuring with my Brother Otto in the Temple of Elemental Evil. Demons and other foul creatures around every bend, sneaking sometimes, and fighting othertimes. I'm not too proud to admit that we ran some too.

"We weren't the only adventurers in the Temple of Elemental Evil, either. My brother Otto was a Knight of the Hart and an agent of the King of Keoland, set to watch over the wards that trapped the Demon Queen within the bowels of the Temple. There were other groups of adventurers, but you never knew for sure who was backing them and what their real goal was. The followers of the Old One, Hedrack and his crowd, were attempting to use the imprisoned Demon Queen of Fungi in their own foul schemes. The meddling Circle of Eight also had their agents running rampant in the dungeon, especially Robilar the Traitor, who freed the Demon Queen from the final wards in exchange for three wishes.

"After the Demon Queen was freed, all four sublevels were collapsed and buried in stone. Good thing its buried, since there were portals that led to the Elemental planes and to the Abyss.

"The whole place was a maze, with wandering monsters everywhere. We met some adventurers who had been trapped down there for weeks or months.

"Nasty. Gives me shivers just remembering it."

Remove ads