• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ep. III - Mon Mothma

Here's a good comparison picture...though we never do see him this close up in Sith.

tarkin.jpg

Swoop109

First Post
Fajitas said:
Tho' I am amused at the way that the winkles in his forhead seem to have smoothed out over twenty years... :)
That's high tech health care for you. It can replace hands and limbs, heal Wumpa injuries, and create full body suit life support. Just don't ask about baldness or receeding hair lines.

edemaitre

Explorer
Mon Mothma and Grand Moff Tarkin

If you look at the D.K. reference books and the action figures now in toy stores, an actress was cast as a younger Senator Mon Mothma, but her scenes were probably cut. Wayne Pygram ("Scorpius" in "Farscape") was appropriately cast as Grand Moff Tarkin (originally played by Christopher Lee's old cohort Peter Cushing) in "Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith." The circle is now complete...

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Swoop109 said:
That's high tech health care for you. It can replace hands and limbs, heal Wumpa injuries, and create full body suit life support. Just don't ask about baldness or receeding hair lines.
Or pregnancies. There is nothing like ultrasound seemingly in the Star Wars universe.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
From the distance in the movie shots, I nearly thought it could be Odo or at least Odo´s actor Auberjonois (sp?)...

I'm not quite sure if Rene Auberjonois woulda been able to pull off the look.

Two nitpicks...

Fajitas said:
Tho' I am amused at the way that the winkles in his forhead seem to have smoothed out over twenty years... :)
Looks like a slightly furrowed brow on the younger one to me. You're reaching. ;)

Eric Anondson said:
Or pregnancies. There is nothing like ultrasound seemingly in the Star Wars universe.
Two things about that: 1) the novelization makes mention of the fact that Padme's personal medical droid had checked her out, and she explicitly told the droid not to spoil any surprises like the gender of the child (and presumably, the number). Really, this is not unprecedented. I know at least one couple where the woman carrying the kid was the ONLY person who didn't know the gender. That was my assumption, actually, that she had been to a doctor but asked not to know. It actually makes more sense that she had kept it "in house" with her droid, what with trying to hide the pregnancy as long as possible and all. 2) How many people here can read an ultrasound, anyway? :) It's not that easy. The number of heartbeats typically is distinct enough to determine the number of children, but I've run into a number of situations where the gender could not be determined or was inaccurate. In the case of my sister-in-law, at least 2 separate ultrasounds concluded with the belief that she was a boy. It is not an exact science, let me tell you.

Considering how often this gets brought up, I'm beginning to really wish Lucas had bothered to include a scene where Anakin asks about the gender and Padme tells him that she wants it to be a surprise, explaining the bit with the droid. Of course, then an entirely different cadre of people would be complaining about the "pointless" scene where Padme talks about her robo-gynecologist.

And people thought her dialogue was wooden in other scenes? :heh:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads