• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ep. III - Mon Mothma

Goobermunch

Explorer
Dagger75 said:
They have Faster than light ships, some ships are over a kilometer long, they have real time holographic projections of battlefields, and a space station the size of the moon and they don't have something that can read ultrasounds or what ever high tech device they have.

This did bug me that they didn't mention it. Pretty much everybody knew there were going to be twins born.
I just chalked it up to the marvels of modern medicine.

If they've got emergency medical technology suffiicent to heal serious injuries (like those Luke suffered from the Wampa) in an extraordinarily short period of time, it may encourage a somewhat reckless attitude toward preventative medicine.

"Oh no, the baby is two months premature!! I wish I'd visited my gyno-bot to get some kind of pre-natal medical advice. Curse my recklessness!"

"Don't worry, we'll just drop him in the bacta tank for an hour, he'll be fine!"

--G

fett527

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Yoda's line still works with things...as Obi-Wan doesn't seem surprised at all by this. He KNEW about Leia, but pretty much ignored her existance when it came to destroying the Emperor while Yoda at least put some faith in her. If it was new information to him, you would have seen a surprised look on his face, not the continued neutral expression.

As for Owen not recognizing 3PO...well, it had been 20 years, he was getting older, and 3PO looked a lot different. Not only that, but its impossible to say how many 3PO units go by the designation of C-3PO. Anakin built the droid, so he'd definitely recognize him(explains the AotC moment), but we don't know anything about how much Owen worked with the droid, etc.

I'm sorry, I just can't explain away the line. It was a significant revelation and a GREAT cliffhanger from V to VI. The line is plain that Yoda is informing not reminding. Something I will have to deal with myself while watching all the movies again and again. :D

EDIT: I will say though that I need to watch Jedi again and listen to Ben's explanation of things to Luke about Leia and see if it seems from that conversation that he knew all along or not.

How long did Shmi live with the Lars family? That's how long Owen and Beru would have been around C3PO. I can't remember exactly how long it was after Ani left that Wato said he sold Shmi to Lars, but I believe it was 5 years more. And I have not seen anything that says there were any other driods designated C3PO. Even the driod on Hoth that is almost identical is designated K3PO. C3PO is unique and I feel that Owen and Beru should have recognized him.

fett527 said:
I'm sorry, I just can't explain away the line. It was a significant revelation and a GREAT cliffhanger from V to VI. The line is plain that Yoda is informing not reminding. Something I will have to deal with myself while watching all the movies again and again. :D

EDIT: I will say though that I need to watch Jedi again and listen to Ben's explanation of things to Luke about Leia and see if it seems from that conversation that he knew all along or not.

Obi-Wan does know all along. You can tell from his conversation with Luke. Yoda's words ARE a revelation, but obviously not to Obi-Wan. He is informing...but he's informing us, the audience, not Obi-Wan, who he's actually just reminding. :)

C3PO is unique and I feel that Owen and Beru should have recognized him.

Well, then, no amount of my reasoning is going to change that, now is it? :)

fett527

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Obi-Wan does know all along. You can tell from his conversation with Luke. Yoda's words ARE a revelation, but obviously not to Obi-Wan. He is informing...but he's informing us, the audience, not Obi-Wan, who he's actually just reminding. :)

:p I understand where your coming from. I'm gonna have to watch the scenes (who am I kidding- I'll watch the movies) again to be sure. It still bugs me right now.

Well, then, no amount of my reasoning is going to change that, now is it? :)

Not so far. I try to be open-minded, but right now this one is still a problem for me. And I did watch EP II right before going to to see EP III.

fett527

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
I might be thinking of a different scene but I thought Yoda told Luke that "there is another Skywalker" then died.

Yes, Yoda tells Luke this in Jedi and Luke asks Ben in blue glowie form about it directly after Yoda's passing which leads to Ben's explanation of a twin sister.

Taelorn76

First Post
fett527 said:
Yes, Yoda tells Luke this in Jedi and Luke asks Ben in blue glowie form about it directly after Yoda's passing which leads to Ben's explanation of a twin sister.

So when did Yoda tell Ben's ghost? Because I am just blanking on that scene.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Taelorn76 said:
So when did Yoda tell Ben's ghost? Because I am just blanking on that scene.

When Luke left for Cloud City to go rescue his friends. Obi-Wan appeared next to yoda as Luke was flying away.

He didn't say a name; Obi Wan basically said if Luke dies we are doomed, Yoda replied "No there is another."

There should be sort of punishment from Geek Court for not knowing that

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads