• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ep. III - Mon Mothma

s/LaSH

First Post
Interestingly, Mon Mothma is mentioned in the credits - I was watching. A pretty small, non-speaking part, apparently, like the current Queen of Naboo who was also seen for all of two seconds (if that) but got mentioned in the credits. (Her, I saw. Not Mon.)

Nice, complete credits on that film. Very comprehensive. (I liked the rest of it, too.)

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Canis said:
Two nitpicks...

Two things about that: 1) the novelization makes mention of the fact that Padme's personal medical droid had checked her out, and she explicitly told the droid not to spoil any surprises like the gender of the child (and presumably, the number). Really, this is not unprecedented. I know at least one couple where the woman carrying the kid was the ONLY person who didn't know the gender. That was my assumption, actually, that she had been to a doctor but asked not to know. It actually makes more sense that she had kept it "in house" with her droid, what with trying to hide the pregnancy as long as possible and all. 2) How many people here can read an ultrasound, anyway? :) It's not that easy. The number of heartbeats typically is distinct enough to determine the number of children, but I've run into a number of situations where the gender could not be determined or was inaccurate. In the case of my sister-in-law, at least 2 separate ultrasounds concluded with the belief that she was a boy. It is not an exact science, let me tell you.
:

They have Faster than light ships, some ships are over a kilometer long, they have real time holographic projections of battlefields, and a space station the size of the moon and they don't have something that can read ultrasounds or what ever high tech device they have.

This did bug me that they didn't mention it. Pretty much everybody knew there were going to be twins born.

Digital M@

Explorer
Seeing two babies in an ultra sound is easy. Hearing multiple heartbeats is easy. It is not that it would have been impossible, it was bad story telling. Having such a wierd occurance pulled many people out of the story. Having her believe there was only one child had no relevance to the story. Not telling Anakin does not make a difference either as he discovers her existance in ESB by reading Luke's emotions.

Wycen

Explorer
Does anybody else think the stuff about the twins does more to screw up the continuity with the first 3 movies. In Empire Stikes Back is seemed like only Yoda knew Luke had a twin:

"That boy was our last hope"

"No, there is another".

Was Ben getting forgetful?

myrdden

First Post
Wycen said:
Does anybody else think the stuff about the twins does more to screw up the continuity with the first 3 movies. In Empire Stikes Back is seemed like only Yoda knew Luke had a twin:

"That boy was our last hope"

"No, there is another".

Was Ben getting forgetful?

Maybe just chauvanistic...

It could be interpreted in many ways. Perhaps Leia is not as strong as Luke in the Force? Maybe all their eggs are in one basket with Luke? Perhaps Leia's upbringing in a politically motivated environment makes Obi-Wan doubtful about her?

Who knows...except for may Lucas but I even think he doesn't know.

myrdden said:
Maybe just chauvanistic...

It could be interpreted in many ways. Perhaps Leia is not as strong as Luke in the Force? Maybe all their eggs are in one basket with Luke? Perhaps Leia's upbringing in a politically motivated environment makes Obi-Wan doubtful about her?

Who knows...except for may Lucas but I even think he doesn't know.
Well, I see it this way...if Luke failed, he would have died or turned to the Dark Side. The latter would have been more likely. After that, there wouldn't really have been enough TIME to train Leia, even if they got to her(remember, Yoda is stuck on Dagobah on his own so he can't leave) Yoda's going to die in a few short years.

Obi-Wan put everything into Luke, but Yoda seemed to be more optimistic that Leia could have some effect.

fett527

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Well, I see it this way...if Luke failed, he would have died or turned to the Dark Side. The latter would have been more likely. After that, there wouldn't really have been enough TIME to train Leia, even if they got to her(remember, Yoda is stuck on Dagobah on his own so he can't leave) Yoda's going to die in a few short years.

Obi-Wan put everything into Luke, but Yoda seemed to be more optimistic that Leia could have some effect.

I could see it that way if Yoda's line had not been "No, there is another." He is informing Obi-Wan of the other, not reminding him. Going into the movie I kept saying I hope Obi-Wan doesn't know about Leia over and over. This and Owen and Beru not recognizing C3PO are my only continuity issues with the saga.

fett527 said:
I could see it that way if Yoda's line had not been "No, there is another." He is informing Obi-Wan of the other, not reminding him. Going into the movie I kept saying I hope Obi-Wan doesn't know about Leia over and over. This and Owen and Beru not recognizing C3PO are my only continuity issues with the saga.
Yoda's line still works with things...as Obi-Wan doesn't seem surprised at all by this. He KNEW about Leia, but pretty much ignored her existance when it came to destroying the Emperor while Yoda at least put some faith in her. If it was new information to him, you would have seen a surprised look on his face, not the continued neutral expression.

As for Owen not recognizing 3PO...well, it had been 20 years, he was getting older, and 3PO looked a lot different. Not only that, but its impossible to say how many 3PO units go by the designation of C-3PO. Anakin built the droid, so he'd definitely recognize him(explains the AotC moment), but we don't know anything about how much Owen worked with the droid, etc.

Qlippoth

Explorer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
As for Owen not recognizing 3PO...well, it had been 20 years, he was getting older, and 3PO looked a lot different. Not only that, but its impossible to say how many 3PO units go by the designation of C-3PO. Anakin built the droid, so he'd definitely recognize him(explains the AotC moment), but we don't know anything about how much Owen worked with the droid, etc.
This may not change anything, but in Ep. IV, doesn't Owen tell Luke to have the droids' memories erased? Of course, this may have nothing to do with recognizing 3PO (I'd imagine most droid owners would consider it SOP to either wipe memories before selling a droid or after purchasing one).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads