Epic M&M: Issue 5 (IC)

Deva

First Post
"It was the Jackal, was it not?" Raisa says quietly, more of a statement than a question, as she removes her clothes. She pulls out the elastic tie holding her hair back and slips into the large tub with a groan of relief. "When he and I fought, he told me what he did to you. I am glad that he is gone."

She lowers herself fully into the water, soaking her hair before sitting up again and running her fingers through the strands. She grimmaces when her fingers get stuck in the tangles and knots. "I think we may need a pair of scissors, not just the comb."

Calinon

First Post
Lancheng, China
Raisa
"Yes, it was Jackal. I put trust in him, and was rewarded for it. I am still not able to use my powers," she says. "I will not be at ease until Jackal has left here," Li adds.

"I am certain we can avoid the use of scissors," she says, handing you the bottle. "Work this into your hair and it should help significantly."

Kevin
Michael bounds in, practically plunging into a bath. "Oh thank god," he says. "I can finally get clean.

X12
"He's never contacted me like he has you," he rasps angrily. "You may have drawn his attention, but he has never looked or found me. For all you know, you are the only one he has any interest in. Leave me out of your choices," he says, pushing you back and walking towards the main house.

Brazilia, SAA
SAP Corporate HQ

Sanjay
Ms. Vaile smiles warmly. "Thank you, that's very sweet."

"Yes, this is what we are storing Anaconda in. Oxygen will be fine," she says. You manage to transmute it, but it is harder than you thought, requiring your full concentration. "Excellent," she says. She gets another vial and drops something into it, pushing it to the center of the vial with a probe. "This compound has the same type of structure as Anaconda, only its harmless. The density is somewhat higher as well. You'll need to destroy both simultaneously to prevent Anaconda from reverting to its liquid state.

This time, it's much more difficult. The substance resists your attempts to transmute it. It's structure is insanely complex. But after about 20 seconds you manage to turn both into oxygen at the same time. "We'll keep building up the difficulty before we try on one of the canister types that Anaconda is stored in. They're rather expensive and I only have two on hand."

In the Parking Garage
"I have to agree with Straightjacket," Pavo says. "A presence at the facility immediately would seem a prudent course of action."

Vincent
Vita keeps talking away excitedly, seeming not-put-off by your appearance. I guess saving someone's life does that. You wonder when she got so... large. They definitely... enhance her average looks.

In Portuguese: "So, what do you think?" she asks, squeezing her arms together in a way that makes you wonder what those buttons on her uniform are made from. "I just got them last week!"

Ah yes. That would answer that.

Mimic

First Post
buzzard said:
"Uhh, Michelle, can I make a suggestion? If the drive is gonna take six hours, that's a lot of time for us not to be there. Do you think we should take them up on the flight offer for at least some of us? Maybe just the heavy hitters? Like maybe me Cosmo, and Neutron? I imagine that even if we couldn't stop 'em we could at least delay them for security forces."

That's a good idea although Neutron is busy, pick 5 others and we will see if you can get the flight.

buzzard

First Post
"OK I'll take Cosmo, Vince, Loki, Anna, and Tara. Come on folks, let make that flight." He replies as he gets his team ready to move.

Deva

First Post
"Michael is not the Jackal," Raisa says, pouring a generous amount of the blue liquid into her hands and working it into her hair. "X was able to kill that part of him. You have seen the control Michael has now, and you can not deny that he has changed from the Jackal. You can see it physically, and personality wise... well none of us has ever had the chance to know Michael. It was always the Jackal. Even so, you should be feel better knowing that the only reason he was here was to learn control, and now that he has he should be able to go back to New York."

Mordane76

First Post
"Fine, go ahead and hide here, Xi," X12 shouts after Xi. "That helps him as well. Just stay here and wait for him to come and force you to kill everyone you care about, just because you can't resist him."

OOC: Assuming Xi doesn't turn around and argue more or vaporize me:
Disgusted, X12 heads off for the boys' rooms to collect his toiletries, and then heads to the bath-house.

Last edited:

Mule

First Post
Calinon said:
"Oh meu deus! Eu não posso acreditar que é você! É-me! Vida! Poupou-me de caindo a ponte no ano passado! O Demônio de Velocidade finalmente voltou para casa, huh?"
Although Randall doesn't understand a word, the meaning is obvious. "Well I never, Vince actually has a fan," he says, nudging Vince with his elbow.
Buzzard said:
"OK I'll take Cosmo, Vince, Loki, Anna, and Tara. Come on folks, let make that flight."
"Righto boss!"

Elementor

First Post
"You look absolutely amazing but I am sure that I'm not the first to tell you that."

buzzard said:
"OK I'll take Cosmo, Vince, Loki, Anna, and Tara. Come on folks, let make that flight." He replies as he gets his team ready to move.

"Oh great, looks like I gotta fly Vita. But I'll see you at the facility in a little bit." Looking to StraightJacket, Vince says, "If it's ok with you, I'll fly alongside the plane. I can move faster and easier that way. I can easily keep up and if Cosmo crashes, at least someone can survive to tell what happened." he finishes with a smirk.

Calinon

First Post
Brazilia, SAA
SAP Corporate HQ

Vida smiles at the compliment, but doesn't seem to follow completely your comments in English.

"You may try to fly alongside if you wish, but your quaint jet is not the mode of transport we'll be using," Pavo says. "We'll be taking a high speed hovership from the roof of the building and I assure you none of you will be flying the ship. The entire trip should take less than 20 minutes once we're outside the city. I better check to see how long Ms. Vaile and Neutron will be."

Pavo gets out a vid-phone and moments later, you can hear Ms. Vaile respond.

"Ma'am, EPIC would like to send a team immediately to the facility. Are you nearly finished with Neutron, or should I have another transport ready for him?"

"I'm quite busy with Neutron at the moment."

"Perhaps we could continue your work en route and finish at the facility?"

"No, I think it best if we finish what we're doing here."

"Of course, Ma'am. When shall I have a transport ready for him?"

"I'd say we'll need an hour," she says, hanging up.

Monica grunts and folds her arms. "Show's how smart she is. He can't last an hour."

Sanjay
Your experiements are interrupted by the above mentioned conversation... sans Monica comment.

The Hover Ship
The six man team heads up to the roof, much to the disappointment of Vida, who remains to drive the EPIC Van on its six hour trip. Each of you have your communicators and hand held sensors. The hovership is something you've never seen. It's sleek and is extremely advanced. Anna looks absolutely enthralled by it.

As everyone is boarding the ship, Pavo says, "You are certain you can keep up? Loco has powers very similar to your own and nearly lost a race with Ms. Vaile in her personal hovership."

Lancheng, China
Raisa
"Good," Li says. "He still frightens me. I am not fully convinced that his actions were solely driven by whatever was inside him."

Whatever the liquid is, it isn't soap, but certainly frees the dirt from your hair. It's far more like a thin gel. Li begins combing gunk and tangles and knots out of your hair.

X12
He spins and advances on you.

"You are the one he contacts. You are the one who he is seeking out, and you seek him. Who knows how many of us there are, but by your actions, your mere presence, you are going to reveal the rest of us to him. It's you that is the danger, to me! I have no intention of staying here any longer. Because of you it is no longer safe."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases