Epic M&M: Issue 5 (IC)

Deva

First Post
Raisa crosses her arms beneath her head as she rests against the edge of the tub. The warm water saps what strength she had left and doesn't bother hiding a yawn. "Maybe," She says. "But we'll never know unless we give him the chance. Me, I hate being judged by my mutant powers and it has to be worse for Michael. Everyone thinks he's some kind of monster when something else was controlling him. Having been there myself, I can empathize with his situation."

She yawns again and closes her eyes. "All I know, is I want one day. Just one with no fights, no surprises, no one trying to kill us. Is that too much to ask?"

Mordane76

First Post
"Stop deluding yourself, Xi -- you have to be crazy if you think someone of his power and resources hasn't known our every move since the day we 'left' the compound," X12 replies. "He possessed the resources to engineer us from scratch, has incredible psychic powers, transportative abilities, can control shadows in ways that border on a horror film, and only God knows what else he can do... and you honestly think you've been 'unnoticed' by him since your arrival here? You, the third of any number of Directives -- you think he didn't know where you were before I got here?

Face it -- you need someone to project your fear on, because you can't admit that no matter where you go, you'll never escape him. The only way you'll escape him is if we find a way to break his control over the Directives, or chain yourself away in some dungeon hole or throw yourself off a cliff. Personally... I'm gonna find a way to stop him. Have fun in your cave, Xi."

Elementor

First Post
Calinon said:
As everyone is boarding the ship, Pavo says, "You are certain you can keep up? Loco has powers very similar to your own and nearly lost a race with Ms. Vaile in her personal hovership."

"I cant be certain since I dont know how fast this thing flies. I also dont know exactly how fast I can fly since I only recently mutated again. But I do know that every other vehicle I have ever been in, is a slow boat to China compared to how I am used to moving."

buzzard

First Post
"Sounds to me like you ought to ride inside with the rest of us. but I'll still leave it up to you. If we do get there well ahead of you I will let Cosmo taunt you unmercifully though. "

buzzard

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay just nods, awaiting the cannisters. He listens to the conversation silently, and his eyes widen at Ms. Vaile's estimation. After she hangs up he says, "Um, an hour? You think that's necessary? I have the hard part down, don't I? I know we shouldn't rush this, I'd hate to make a mistake and let that stuff loose, but time is of the essence, right?"

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Brazilia, SAA
SAP Research Facility

"Hey, tell you what. I'll taunt him anyway," Cosmo says.

You all get into the hovership. It's exceedingly comfortable, and appears to have all the fixtures of a high class passenger jet. The pilot announces take-off, and you are lifted smoothly into the air. It flies through the city, and once outside the walls, you experience an accelerating push that drives you all back into your seats. The ground below passes rapidly, and the sense of speed is extreme. Even Vince is surprised. Yet the ride is perfectly smooth.

Twenty minutes later, you are well inside the mountains, and come in for a landing on a small landing strip outside an extremely secure facility. It's obviously high tech, and the security systems and security is very visible. Luckily, you don't have to combat it for once!

Before you leave the ship, Pavo says, "How do you want to proceed? The security officers we are concerned about are currently on duty."

SAP Corporate HQ
"I would normally say you are correct, Sanjay, but this is not a normal situation." She wheels out a large metal cylinder. It appears completely solid. "This is the cylinder we use to house our most dangerous or perishable compounds. In the case of Anaconda, it is filled with the alcohol, and Anaconda is suspended within. Unless I'm mistaken, you have to see what you are transmuting. But what we need to make sure you can do is destroy the container, the alcohol and the virus all at once. And this cylinder is very, very strong."

She opens the cylinder and fills it with alcohol from a tap nearby, then suspends a huge amount of the compound you've been transmuting in its center. Then she seals the container. "Try to move it," she says. When you try, it is like moving an oil drum that is full. Without a doubt, this would be on the outer edge of your ability, and you probably would have to push your powers to do what she wants.

"If you destroy the container without destroying the rest, the alcohol will pour out, and Anaconda will be free. You must be able to transmute it all at once, even without seeing it." She lays her hand on your shoulder. "I have great confidence in the abilities of all EPIC members, but the hour we spend honing your ability to do this may well mean the difference between the life and death for a good number of people.

"Besides, one group of your people will be on site soon, and the other will well after you do since they insist on taking your vehicle."

Agamon

Adventurer
"Yeah, that makes sense. Well, let's do this then," Sanjay says, concentrating on the cannister, and trying to picture the liquid and the polymer within.

Calinon

First Post
Brazilia, SAA
SAP Corporate Headquarters
Sanjay
It takes over an hour for you to get used to transmuting the large canisters and their contents. Ms. Vaile actually has to bring a few more cannisters up from other levels of the building before you complete the task flawlessly. You are quite tired by the time you finish, but it's more a mental tiredness than physical. You had to push your powers quite far to complete the task, and in the end, you were surprised you had the power reserves within you to do it.

Ms. Vaile is extremely pleased with your performance.

"I knew that was within your capability. The cannisters should be configured in exactly that way, Sanjay. I hope you won't be forced to do that, but if you are, you are as prepared as you can be," she says, quite happily. "I know it must have exhausted you," she adds, rubbing your back with one hand in a comforting circlular motion. "But I know you must be eager to rejoin your team," she says, walking past you towards the exit. "My private driver can get you there within 30 minutes. Come to my private office and I'll make the arrangements."

If you leave right away, you'll pass over the EPIC Van an hour and a quarter into their drive, and arrive at the facility just under two hours behind the others.

The Van
Vida quickly familiarizes herself with your van's operation as Michelle, Johan, Rebound and Monica climb in. She talks quietly to herself in her native tongue as she does so. Johan can't help but shake his head as he hears her describe the van as an "antique" and other similar terms. She is quite friendly though, attempting to make conversation.

Soon enough, you've left SAP HQ and are flying along the energy roadways of the city, heading for the outskirts. Vida is a very fast driver, reminding you distinctly of Rebound's driving. But her efficiency in navigation is amazing. Rather than taking the main roads, she soon is at ground level, taking side streets and soon blasting out of the city walls and into the lower class areas and slums. As soon as you are outside the city proper, she floors it, taking the cruising speed of the van up over 150 kph. She points out various interesting historical and regional landmarks as she drives, keeping you pleasantly occupied on the long trip.

About three hours into your trip, you are well into the mountains and on some treacherous roadways when there is a loud BEEP from the roof mounted scanning device. On the outermost edge of the scanner range (approximately 5 kilometers), a blip appears, flashes twice, then vanishes.

"What is the beeping?" Vida asks.

Lancheng, China
Bathed and feeling much better, you have a welcome meal. Li is obviously very nervous of Michael, who is obviously embarassed by that. At least until the food comes. Being able to use utensils for the first time in ages, and being able to feed himself and eat normal food, Michael is somewhat comical to watch as he ravenously devours everything, constantly saying "This is the best thing I've ever had!"

As you eat, you each tell Master Wen of what happened. He listens with interest as each of you tell your side of the story, praising you for some actions, warning you against taking some actions again. He listens with great interest as you describe Prophet, instructing Li to make drawings. She's quite good, and after an hour of work with corrections by each of you, you have an accurate drawing of Prophet that meets all of your approvals.

Oddly missing througout the entire meal and discussion is Xi.

"I will talk to Thunder tomorrow and let him know all that happen," Master Wen says. "But this change nothing. Tomorrow, training begin again. Tonight, you do what want. I going to watch movies in quarters, you can come watch if you want."

Deva

First Post
As she tells her end of what happened in the castle, she tries to leave out the part about the Jackal's interest in her. She hopes that Michael was too out of it to really notice anything, and she doubts Dara would say anything. It just creeped her out more than she liked and would rather not have the others know. If someone else does happen to mention it, she will admit it but try to make it sound like no big deal.

After the meal is finished and Master Wen has excused them, Raisa politely declines his offer to join in the movie. "I just want to go to sleep and get this day over with."

She'll leave the main house, collecting her shoes in her hands as she does, and will go for a walk in the garden to wind down and relax a little more before heading to the bunkhouses.

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay nods in agreement, giving his temples a bit of a rub as he follows her to her office. "Thanks for everything, Ms. Vaile. Hopefully we can stop those idiots from making a huge mistake. I bet they don't even know what it is they're stealing. Stupid mercs."

Remove ads