• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic M&M: Issue 5 (IC)

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
Michelle
"You weren't any better," Tara replies. "You aren't any better when it comes to him. Nobody can bring themselves to attack him anyway, you know that."

Yes I know, but he seems to be focusing on us for whatever reason, no one else got roses and if you remember we were the ones that let him go in the first place. She whispers to her

Velmont

First Post
Kevins finish his meal and stands up.

"Sorry, but I'll go prepare myself for my training."

On that, he leaves the table without any more words and without looking at the others.

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay smiles at Monica's kiss and reply, the implication her statement kinda floating over his head. "Well, it sure don't suck to be me," he thinks.

Heading back to the group, he says. "Yeah, it's sorta cold in here, isn't it. Probably short shifts would be best. If we're gonna get lots of warning from the scanner and Tara, do we even need more than one person to stay in this room at a time?"

He looks over at Tara and Michelle whispering. "Hey, if you gals are done gossiping over there, maybe we could get some sort of plan together?"

Calinon

First Post
Brazilia, SAA
SAP Research Facility

Johan
"That's darn inconvenient. What am I supposed to do? Sit on a chair somewhere while you try to hack a computer?" Anna says. "I have to recharge my armor in under three hours anyway, and I'd prefer not to be stuck motionless longer than I gotta be. Maybe you can get some gear together and I can string together one for you. I'd need a keyboard, power source and a link card from any computer they have kicking around here, and some wires. Besides, Rebound and I are seeing if there's another way to circumvent security," she says down at you as she and Rebound look at the top of the main containment unit.

Make your watches... you'll need 'em.

Lancheng, China
October 25, 2120

You go through your morning work out and are just starting your cyber, team training, when Master Wen takes his leave.

"Mayor leave message to come see him today, so you finish training on own. Won't be long," he says, heading down to the village.

Your training goes fairly smoothly, only requiring two attempts, and you get an early lunch before heading to classes. About three in the afternoon as you are finishing classes, Master Wen still hasn't returned.

"I wonder where grandfather is," Li says as you exit the building. A strange sight also greets the lot of you, as a young man is walking stiffly into the courtyard in a manner that is oddly like a marionette. He has a box in his hand, to which a card is attached. In his other hand is clutched a thorned rose, it's thorns obviously digging into his hand as his blood drips down the stem and to the ground. He makes a beeline for your group, holding both arms before him.

Deva

First Post
Raisa narrows her eyes as she watches the man approach. "I'm no genius, but I don't think he's bringing good news..."

Velmont

First Post
Kevins turn to the young boy, and color seems to raise to his face. "Red Rose Syndicat!" he says in a voice that can't hide all the hatred he has for them. He walks to the small boy and looks at the card.

Mimic

First Post
Having finished talking to Tara, Michelle will address the other students.

Ok, listen up everyone, here is what we will be doing. We are going to divide into groups of 3 and set up watch on a 4 hour shifts making sure that everyone gets at least 8 hours sleep, but I only want one group sleeping at a time.

I want more then one person down here at a time, this group got into Lockheed pretty easy and they have a pretty complex system.
She says looking over at Sanjay

Also I know its cold down here but I am sure that SAP can supply us with some warmer clothes.

Johan will be in charge of his group, they included:
Vince, Tara and Sanjay

My group will consist of:
Monica, Jackson and Randall

John will lead the last group which will consits of Anna and Cosmo.

I hope I don't have to remind you how important this mission is, we can not allow this virus to fall into the wrong hands. Everything thing else is secondary to this.

Anyone have any questions? Or suggestions?

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
OOC: Just in case -- I haven't put my gloves back on since my interchange with Li some time ago.

Stepping forward cautiously towards the messenger, X12 asks, "What does it say, Kevin?" He takes the rose from the young man's hand, then lightly takes hold of his wrist.

Eyeing the package, he says to Kevin, "If the package is something dangerous, I'm probably best equipped to withstand it; let me open it."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads