• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic M&M: Issue 5 (IC)

Calinon

First Post
Lancheng, China
October 25, 2120

"A little late to appologize to Xi, don't you think," Li says accusingly.

"Silence," Master Wen snaps at her and signals X12 to continue. Once finished he says simply, "Biggest mistake not telling about when it happen," he says. "You here to learn to act as team. Sad that you learn nothing in whole time here," he says calmly. "Who have suggestion on how to stop mental assault?"

After Raisa makes her suggestion, Michael says with a grin, "He could just sleep with Dara."

"Hey!" she says. "I don't think so! There's only room for me and my canister of jerky in my room, buster."

"I think more along lines of neural inhibitor, virtual reality machine during sleep, accupuncture or hypnosis," Master Wen says with a frown.

Brazilia, SAA
SAP Research Facility

"I can hit one of them at least," Cosmo says. "I doubt I'll have any effect on the Mole, but I should be able to handle Aerin or Flick," he adds.

Johan
The containment units are exceedingly advanced, and the computer system, and probably security involved with them, make ARIS look like a 21st century desktop. You could probably try to hack in, but there is no keyboard or interface system beyond a dataport, palm scanner and dna sampler. You know Anna has a datalink on her armor.

Michelle
"I'm way better than any scanner. If they try to dig in here, I'll feel it. Sonic vibrations you know," she says, keeping her hand on the wall. She pauses for a long minute and stares at you before blurting out, "Did you give the same warning to him about Anna, Monica and you, or is it just me that can't be trusted? Sonic virbrations."

Sanjay
Monica's eyes get wide and she gets a wide grin on her face as you tell your true but obviously wrongly interpreted story, until you reveal the truth of it. Then she frowns and shoves you. "You mean you didn't?! Why the heck not? You get a whole hour alone with someone like her and ... jeeze!" Now she looks a little upset. "You better not have brushed her off because of me, or I'll kick your butt right here." She sighs and lets her angry look fade, leaning up against you. "I was kinda hoping for a comparison."

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
"I'm way better than any scanner. If they try to dig in here, I'll feel it. Sonic vibrations you know," she says, keeping her hand on the wall. She pauses for a long minute and stares at you before blurting out, "Did you give the same warning to him about Anna, Monica and you, or is it just me that can't be trusted? Sonic virbrations."

Michelle sighs softly. You weren't supposed to hear that, she says with a small shrug of her shoulders.

I'm sorry Tara but I had to literally drag you out of the sewer systems in New York and you seem so enthralled with him. I have to look out for the team, can you honestly tell me that if he asked you to do something for him that you wouldn't at least consider it? Even if it was turning on us?

And just to let you know it's not just you, I already warned Johan about me. He knows to watch what I do and say when it comes to Anithos.

Mordane76

First Post
"I didn't think to bring it to your attention until Prophet began pressuring me for information. The dreams were simply memories returning again at first, which has been fairly... normal for me. When it became more than that, I realized that this wasn't something I could handle alone," X12 says to Master Wen.

"As for Xi... if you know where is he... please apologize to him for me, but otherwise, tell me nothing else about it," he says to Li.

"I already have had some... training in torture resistance," X12 says with a far-off stare. "Dara's stray communications often meet some resistance already, but it might be a more long term plan. However, I'm willing to try anything."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"This is quite refreshing. Something that I can't immediately get my head around..."
Johan looks at the interface for another moment before turning to Anna.
"Anna. I believe you have a datalink connection integrated to your armor. Is it possible, in any way, for me to use that connection? I would like to try and see if I can do anything with the interface."

Agamon

Adventurer
Calinon said:
Monica's eyes get wide and she gets a wide grin on her face as you tell your true but obviously wrongly interpreted story, until you reveal the truth of it. Then she frowns and shoves you. "You mean you didn't?! Why the heck not? You get a whole hour alone with someone like her and ... jeeze!" Now she looks a little upset. "You better not have brushed her off because of me, or I'll kick your butt right here." She sighs and lets her angry look fade, leaning up against you. "I was kinda hoping for a comparison."

Sanjay just kinda stares at Monica, dumbfounded. "Uh, well, to be honest, if she'd have said she wanted to, I'd have happily obliged," he says, feeling a little guilty. "But only because she's so...I mean, I wouldn't go and fool around with just any...*sigh* Can we not talk about that?"

buzzard

First Post
"Leader? Umm, I'm not really sure it's for me. As for plans, well I was just sorting out who goes for whom. I also wanted to make sure we were all together for this. I really don't like the idea of dividing the team when we're facing a bunch as powerful as this. While it might be better to fight them somewhere else, we can't pin them down anywhere else, and anybody who is fighting them elsewhere isn't guarding the Anaconda. I think we're better off holing up in here and letting them come to us. Better to set an ambush. I think using deception and coordinated attacks in a prepared location is our best bet."

Mule

First Post
Calinon said:
I'll need a watch pattern, watch duration, and if you have any specialized plans, now is the time to say so.
"Taking turns watching is a good idea. I don't mind taking the first turn while you guys figure out some sort of plan." Randall will go sit in the van, keeping an eye on the scanner.

Calinon

First Post
Lancheng, China
October 25, 2120

"Of course we don't know where he is," Li snaps. "You chased him off weeks ago."

Master Wen barks something at her in Chinese. Li gets up and leaves shortly after.

"We try accupuncture later, see how that goes," Master Wen says.

Brazilia, SAA
SAP Research Facility

The thought of long watches in the warehouse isn't a pleasant one. It's barely 5 degrees celsius in here. Already your faces and extremities are feeling cold.

"So what'd we do? Set up a watch, or just sit here until we're human popsicles. Or whatever type of popsicle goat boy makes," Cosmo says.

Michelle
"You weren't any better," Tara replies. "You aren't any better when it comes to him. Nobody can bring themselves to attack him anyway, you know that."

Johan
"Only if you're in it. It interfaces with my body direcly, so you'd have to go through the interface for it. I guess I can go take off my armor and change, then you can put on the pack and wear it," she says. "But I didn't bring a wheelchair."

Sanjay
"You're so cute when you're trying to protect my feelings," she says, kiving you a big kiss. "But you don't have to. She's sooo hot," she adds with a grin.

Deva

First Post
Raisa doesn't say anything else on the matter, mostly because she's unsure what she can contribute to the issue. She'll finish her breakfast then head to the dojo for morning training.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads