• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic M&M: Issue 5 (IC)

Calinon

First Post
Brazilia, SAA
SAP Research Facility
October 13, 2120
Containment Area
Initiatives: Flick 31 (3VP, 2S), Aerin 30 (2VP, 1L, 2S), Cosmo 25 (4HP), Monica 22 (3HP, 2S, 1L), Loki 21 (3HP), Mantis 19 (1L, disabled, 4PL Insect Control), Straightjacket 18 (1HP, 2L), Ghost 17, Vince 15 (2HP), Mole 15 (4VP, 1L, 3S, KO), Metal Mistress 13 (1HP, 4PL Magnetic Control, 1L), Neutron 12 (4HP, 1L, 2S, fatigued, Anaconda infected), Johan 7 (2HP, 2S), Anna 6 (2L, 3S, 4HP, disabled, KO), Rebound 5 (5HP, 1S , fatigued, KO), Mason 4, Anithos 0 (5VP, disabled)

While Johan and Loki start moving Anna towards the elevators, Mason stomps towards Anithos. Shoving Mantis out of the way without effort, he reaches out with one stoney hand, snatching Anithos' wand away from the Wizard.

"No more magic out of you," he laughs gratingly. Clenching his fist, he shatters the wand. Green energy explodes outwards, momentarily blinding everyone in the area. Something slams into Straightjacket, sending him flying back under the weight, sending him out of sight behind a containment unit.

Straightjacket, as your vision clears, you find yourself on the ground, your dad laying across you unconscious. Everyone else see's straightjacket's foot sticking out from behind a containment unit, and Anithos is laying on the floor, a dazed look on his face.

Mason turns on Mantis, who is already moving towards him again. He clamps his hand onto her shoulder with ease, picking her bodily off the ground. "You'll do for a start to today's killing spree," he says with a grin. There is an audible pop as he grabs her arm and starts to pull outward, drawing a scream from Tara.

Attack roll: 24 hits
Damage save (DC34): 18 fails (1L, disabled)

"Crap! Aerin, get us out of here!" Flick exclaims.

"Well, I can get me out of here," Aerin says, rising into the air towards the ventilation ducts. "Rough luck, Flick. Good luck with the kiddies," he says, turning into gaseous form and vanishing into an air duct.

"You bastard!" she shouts after him, then turns her attention to Vince. "I'm not going down to the likes of you!" she yells as she slams her staff at him.

Attack roll: 33 hits
Fort save (DC16): 14 (HP lower) fails (stunned)

Note: You get a fort save on your turn, then can act normally the following round.

Cosmo blasts Mason with a black beam of energy, trying to neutralize his power. Again, the dangerous elite resists the effect.

Monica leaves Sanjay's side and leaps at Mason. She slams into him, raking at him with her claws, but the Anarchy boss doesn't appear scratched at all.

Loki and Straightjacket are up!

Calinon

First Post
A brief interlude in a secret laboratory (cue evil music)

"You summoned me here for a reason, doctor?" Prophet says calmly.

"I did. I believe I know where the Omega gene is located," the doctor replied. "It doesn't lie in any one of the mutants we tested, but in a combination of their genomes."

"Which ones do we need?"

"I haven't been able to determine that yet sir, but with more testing I should be able to figure it out. We just have to make sure none of them die in the meantime," she says somewhat jokingly.

"Indeed," Prophet says in a less than amused voice, already striding from the room. "Hopefully Mason is playing with his prey today."

buzzard

First Post
"Dad! Are you OK?" Adjusting his dad so his unconscious form is comfortable he continues "I'll be right back, my team needs me, you'll be OK back here" and then he moves to try to wrap up Mason once more. He'll for for accurate attack and then the normal.

buzzard

Mule

First Post
Doubful that there is anything he can do to hinder Mason, Randall will go and see to Jackson. "You get Anna out of here, I'm going to go get Jackson," he says to Johan. "Some extra hands would be nice if you can spare them," meaning a duplicate to help him with the unconscious boy.

Deva

First Post
"We had to get your attention somehow, bitch." Raisa will twist the staff in her hand and strike at Xi's head, holding back some of her force so she just knocks him unconscious instead of making him dead.

Calinon

First Post
Brazilia, SAA
SAP Research Facility
October 13, 2120
Containment Area
Initiatives: Flick 31 (3VP, 2S), Aerin 30 (2VP, 1L, 2S), Cosmo 25 (4HP), Monica 22 (3HP, 2S, 1L), Loki 21 (3HP), Mantis 19 (1L, disabled, 4PL Insect Control), Straightjacket 18 (1HP, 2L, grappling), Ghost 17, Vince 15 (2HP), Mole 15 (5VP, 1L, 3S, KO), Metal Mistress 13 (1HP, 4PL Magnetic Control, 1L), Neutron 12 (4HP, 1L, 2S, fatigued, Anaconda infected), Johan 7 (2HP, 2S), Anna 6 (2L, 3S, 5HP, disabled), Rebound 5 (5HP, 1S , fatigued, KO), Mason 4 (1VP, grappling), Anithos 0 (5VP, disabled)

Loki rushes across the warehouse, only to realize as he gets up near Rebound that Vince is teetering with a dazed look on his face and he's facing off alone against Flick.

Straightjacket rushes out from behind the containment unit, slamming into Mason from opposite Monica. He latches onto Mason tightly as the stony assassin tries to fight him off with his free hand. He doesn't lose his grip on Tara.

Attack roll: 22 hits
Opposed grapple check: SJ natural 20 (47), 32 (VP 44)
Damage save: Not enough damage to hurt Mason

The only moveable truck suddenly starts shimmering. Inside, a few of you notice Ghost concentrating greatly, then the entire armored vehicle turns incorporeal. It sinks rapidly through the floor, out of sight.

Vince's head clears slowly, but he starts to feel normal again.

Fort save (DC16): 18 succeeds. You can act normally next turn.

The Mole groans and his head comes up a few inches before he lets out his breath and collapses back to the floor.

Someone spent a villain point and failed his recovery check! Boo ya!

Anna stirs somewhat, her eyes flickering open, but she appears very dazed and is unable to form coherernt words yet.

HP spent to overcome KO successfully!

MM, Neutron and Johan are up!

Mai Pei, China
October 25, 2120

Initiatives: Xi 25, Jackal 24 (4HP), Raisa 18 (3HP), Kevin 18 (3HP, 2L, 1S), Li 15 (1S), Woman 13 (2VP, dazed), Dara 12 (3HP), Carl 11 (4HP), X12 5 (2HP, 1L)

Raisa steps in and swings her staff at Xi, obviously trying to pull her punch. He steps forward into the blow, blocking with his forearm, eyes flashing dangerously.

Attack roll: 18 misses

OOC: If you really want to spend the hero point to recover immediately, Velmont, you can, but mention it in your next post.

Li kicks out at Xi as well, but doesn't unsheath her fins. Unfortunately, Xi turns with her blow, avoiding the damage by pushing her foot away at the last moment.

Attack roll: 15 misses

Dara, on the other hand, has much more success. She lets loose a blast of mental energy strong enough to be seen. It slams into Xi, who is driven to his knees by the mental blow. You can't tell if he's been freed from Sho's mental grasp however.

Attack roll: 16 hits
Will save (DC24): 16 fails (1S, stunned)

Carl leaves Xi to the rest of you, cutting loose a massive blast of gunfire down the cave towards the gang members in the cave. Several fall to his blasts as he steps forward past Kevin, his force field springing up around him.

X12 stresses his powers greatly, and it seems to work... perhaps too well. He absorbs the garish wound of the woman, and she sits up, blinking rapidly and sucking in a ragged breath.

Xi seems unable to get to his feet just yet. Jackal doesn't seem to want to hit Xi again, and instead joins Carl in the cave, ready to attack the gang members charging towards them.

Raisa and Kevin are up!

Mimic

First Post
Loki, do to the others what Anithos tried to do to us. Everyone else hit and run tactics, don't let him get too close. Michelle tells everyone as she flys towards Mason.

Hey rock head, why don't you pick on someone your own size, Thunder told me a lot about you, said you were big and strong but not that bright.

ooc: Taunt Mason to attack her and not Tara +3 (yea, I know it's suicide, but what can you do...)

Powers: forcefield free action, flight half action, taunt half action

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"That I can do, Randall," Johan says as he brings his duplication to its upper limits. Then he turns to Anna.
"Ah, you are coming to. You were bleeding quite badly."

[Half action: create the rest of the duplicates he can without EE, Half action: carry Anna towards whichever place he thinks is the safest]

Agamon

Adventurer
"Hit and run? Easy for you to say," Neutron says, standing rather unsteadily. He shakes his head as Michelle taunts Mason. "She must like hospitals. Maybe she's looking to hook up with a doctor..."

He tries to get a clear shot at Mason, but can't, as Jacket has him tied up. So he turns towards Flick, firing a supercharged particle beam at the merc.

Energy Blast +7 at Flick. We need to get mutliple attacks on her in a round if we want to take her out. Then we can all concentrate on Mason...

Last edited:

Remove ads