• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Episode II) Yoda makes me squeal with glee.

mmadsen

First Post
So have most Star Wars fans been enjoying the ads on TV so far, because I have not been impressed at all so far. The acting seems terribly wooden.

On the other hand, everything I've read has said that this movie is going to redeem Lucas and make up for Phantom Menace.

PenguinKing

First Post
mmadsen said:
So have most Star Wars fans been enjoying the ads on TV so far, because I have not been impressed at all so far. The acting seems terribly wooden.
The acting was no great shakes in the original trilogy, either - witness Hamill's angsty melodrama in ESB. ;)

- Sir Bob.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
The only comment I have on the TV ads is since when could r2 fly. What kind of contrived crap are they going to come up with for why he and other astromech droids couldn't fly in 4-6. Just because you can do it with special effects doesn't mean you should.

Black Omega

First Post
Dr Midnight said:
[B...aaaaand cue the "Lucas sucks, boycott the first week" people! [/B]
Lucas sucks! Boycott the first week!:)

Actually, after ep I, I have no plans to see Ep II. The trailers won't change my mind since I thought the trailers for Ep I were really good as well. Sadly, the movie didn't live up to the trailers.

Now if it turns out Ep II is actually class then I'll go see it. I just won't see it the first day like I did Ep I without knowing what I'm getting into.

Gizzard

First Post
I dont know if its still available somewhere, but David Brin wrote an article for Salon when TPM came out. He spends some time ripping on the movie from the perspective of a professional writer, but the real core of the article is his take on Yoda and the dark secret that makes him tick. Check it out if you can find it; its doubly interesting in light of the new, more active Yoda showcased in the new trailers.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Shard O'Glase said:
The only comment I have on the TV ads is since when could r2 fly. What kind of contrived crap are they going to come up with for why he and other astromech droids couldn't fly in 4-6. Just because you can do it with special effects doesn't mean you should.

Yeah...continuity seems to go out the window in many places....

Tom Cashel

First Post
KidCthulhu: That's damn funny.

mmadsen: Sir Bob is right. The acting has always been bad in Star Wars movies. So have the scripts. Like this Han Solo gem from RotJ: "Threepio, you tell that slimy piece of worm-ridden filth he'll get no such pleasure from us!" Ugh. But so much fun!

Shard O'Glase: Looked to me like he had some kind of jetpack thing hooked up to him, and was tooling along. Every new thing they come up with is a "contrivance" of some kind...or maybe they could keep doing the same old things. Hrrmm.

Black Omega: Yes, do that! I want the theater to be less crowded on opening night! ;) Plus, I don't want to hear anyone in the line talking about how the movie "will probably suck."

**I just got my tickets for May 16th, 7:30pm. YES! Since I am expecting more Star Wars, I don't feel that I will be disappointed in the least!**

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads