• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ErfWorld

Halivar

First Post
Vanuslux said:
Well, now I know the Leroy reference...personally I find that video to be a waste of time, not humorous, but I've seen reasonably intelligent people (including myself) tard out over dumber things on youtube
I'm "tard'ing out" if I find something funny that you don't? Holy crap, dude, that has got to be the most personally insulting thing I've read in a long time.

Now, with that out of the way:

I don't like Erfworld because I don't like the characters. I don't like Parson, I don't like Wanda, and I don't like that they're willing to work for Stanley. I continue to read Erfworld in the (perhaps vain) hope that the protagonists will lose.

The Lost Muse

First Post
Halivar said:
I don't like Erfworld because I don't like the characters. I don't like Parson, I don't like Wanda, and I don't like that they're willing to work for Stanley. I continue to read Erfworld in the (perhaps vain) hope that the protagonists will lose.

This is a good point - none of the protagonists are traditional heroes, although I just want to find out what's going to happen now that I've devoted however many hours to reading the strip. (And Wanda looks totally hot when she summons Parson)

jonathan swift

First Post
I don't find ErfWorld funny at all really. But I still like it. It's the one non laugh out loud funny webcomic I read. But then I like cutesy and slightly twisted faerie tale type things. So I guess it fits.

werk

First Post
I just went back and read up to the current on Erfworld a few weeks ago. When it originally came out I was indifferent but interested, but having read up, I really like the story and associated flavor...and it's even starting to make sense!

My primary criticism is that it comes out too infrequently and has non-sequiter or hard-to-understand-out-of-context strips. The content is too dependent. You can't just pop in and read Hamster's blog, you have to read at least a few strips prior just to set your mind in the right frame of reference.

I plan to visit the serial every few months, so I can read a dozen or so strips at a time...which is probably not the desired response. Reading the strip in a block is intellectually satisfying, reading one or two per week (if you're lucky) is just a frustrating tease.

paradox42

First Post
It's quirky, and for that alone I'm willing to follow it; xkcd gets the same response from me. Erfworld, though, has had several (to me) very funny moments, so I'm willing to put up with the long buildups to anything interesting. I've followed it since the beginning and don't plan to stop anytime soon.

I'm proud to call myself an Erfworld Tool.

(Disclaimer: I didn't invent the title or the attached picture; they came into being around the time of Parson's summoning and response to Stanley on the official boards at giantitp.)

Attachments

• erfworldtool2wp.jpg
    erfworldtool2wp.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 62

Remove ads