• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ErfWorld

Gave it a chance, since it was on the same site as OotS (of which I am a devout follower).

After a while, just stopped bothering to click the link to Erfworld. Mostly because I just found the entire thing to be one big pile of "meh."

I can understand Burlew wanting to stretch his creative abilities to something other than OotS, but ErfWorld just doesn't click with me. Maybe a part of it is spending all this time and getting the rules and background of the world in place as opposed to getting right into the thick of things.

Gez

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
I can understand Burlew wanting to stretch his creative abilities to something other than OotS

Burlew is just the host. His work on Erfworld would be, at most, uploading the files if he didn't give access to Rob and Jamie to his server...

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
What Gez said. Burlew has about as much to do with this as the guy serving donuts to Christian Bale had anything to do with Batman Begins. :p

RFisher

Explorer
I wanted to like it, because I love Partially Clips. The only reason I'm still reading it is that it's on GitP. Whenever I visit & there isn't a new OotS, I take a quick chance on the Erfworld link in the vain hope that it will somehow mitigate my disappointment.

Bacris

First Post
I'm still trying to figure out what the release schedule for ErfWorld is...

First it was Tues & Thurs, then Tues & Sat... but a few Tuesdays in a row, nothing has come out... and then this week, the Saturday comic came out on Sunday.

I'm enjoying the story (and even the author posts that it's frustrating that it's going to slow), but wish I knew when to expect the updates without having to resort to installing RSS feed software.

Kesh

First Post
Okay, that was just plain funny. The entire point of the comic seems to be taking geek-culture to the extreme as a parody. I'm enjoying it right now.

As for the sporadic updates, that's what RSS feeds are for!

DungeonMaester

First Post
Gnoll Pimp? You are my other..Other..Other..Hero...

Any way..I found Enf World very funny dispite spratic updates.

Um..Sir..We have a problem..

A big problem...

Of course, the picture that goes with it was what every one in the coffee shop look at me funny when I burst into laughter.

---Rusty

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Are you guys kidding me? I love this strip. It's intelligent and silly. Save a few moments, it isn't funny. It is however constantly silly. It's like Weird Al or Jonathan Coulton music. Not funny, but silly.

-The entire world is united against a guy that is entertained by smashing walnuts with a magic hammer and turning it into a pigeon.
-Said magic hammer is a child's toy.
-The beings that created the world are elvis impersonators.
-The spoof on how there's a kind of elf for every occassion is great.
-The way that R's are changed to W's (i.e. dwagon) is bound to bring about a Life of Brian reference sooner or later.
-The main character is a gamer actually getting his ultimate wish of living inside one of his games.

And if you use Internet Explorer 7, you have RSS software built into your browser.

RFisher

Explorer
Bacris said:
I'm still trying to figure out what the release schedule for ErfWorld is...

Ironically, I think the only web comic I've read that managed a very regular release schedule was the one that calls itself "irregular". (^_^)

dmccoy1693 said:
-The way that R's are changed to W's (i.e. dwagon) is bound to bring about a Life of Brian reference sooner or later.

Or maybe The Princess Bride: "Wove, twue wove..."

Though something tells me Rob will avoid such.

Remove ads