Eternal Kingdoms (Evil Campaign)

Kagehiro

First Post
As you open your eyes you find yourselves in the outskirts of a clearing. As you look around you notice 4 other people in similar places spotted around the clearing. (Your characters)

As you look you notice the forest is deciduous in nature with massive oaks and pines. The clearing itself seems to be some sort of a dirt circle clearing in a forest. You feel disoriented at first noting that gravity has a lesser effect here (congrats reduce all your carried weight for this campaign by 5%, this will have many more effects later in the game as you do skill checks)
The air itself is stale dry and the ground onions are in bloom giving the area the smell of onion soup. The sun beats down as if it were high noon and summer never ends, sweat gathers on your brow as you guess it to be 85 degrees with no humidity. You do note however some clouds overhead, they slide over the sun dropping the heat to 70 degrees. That's when you notice what is in the center of the circle.

You see a tent in the center and a bonfire. A strange man sits on a stool by the fire. You note 5 highback chairs spaced evenly around the bonfire. Your stomach is uneasy as you note the chairs perfectly number the people surrounding the clearing.

He is dressed in all black but at this distance you are unable to pick out any other details about the peculiar man. He seems to be holding some sort of a violin, and you hear just the faintest hints of a tune unfamiliar to you.

(actions and intros until we get all 5 here. you can do whatever but the quests won't start until everyone enters the clearing)

((give me spot checks for the camp, knowledge arcane to anyone who can use magic. last give me listen checks, which will be used later))

Last edited:

Ilja

First Post
Trodder immediatly backs away from the other people and the telt, squinting in the bright light and unfastening Ripper. He crouches, sneering at the other people and the camp and tries to make out the situation. Holding his vicious weapon before him, he readies himself to leap on anyone closening.

Spot
Listen

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
Spot then listen Roll Lookup

Desicar stands up in the bright light, squinting to adjust to this unusual lighting. He exmines around him and draws Starless, his Bastard Sword. As he comes to his senses better his rough cough erupts, for a quick second before he controls it again. He backs up to make sure his back is to no one and prepares himself for anything that could happen.

Andor

First Post
Torbold takes a look around the clearing before moving from where he arrived. A tall, rangy young man, he's dressed in light armour covered by a functional but well cared for tabard bearing the device of a Chimera. The hilt of a well made sword protrudes above his left shoulder. Though he seems otherwise hale a bandage conceals his neck.

[sblock="The force is not with me."]
Spot (1d20=6)
Listen (1d20=2)

Torbold is apparently not one with his surroundings. He is however in Hunter's Stance so he does have the scent power up. Lemme know if he smells anything funny. He'll also make note of everybodies scents.[/sblock]

Orius

Legend
Darneth takes a step back, casually places a hand on his crossbow, and quickly scans the others. He takes a stand where he can watch all of them at once without being too obvious, keeping the closest eye on the scarred elf who seems to be the most aggressive. He surreptitiously slips a hand into a spell pouch and fingers a small scrap of leather.

Spot Check
Knowledge (Arcana) check
Listen Check

He decides to attempt to break the tension by speaking first. "Normally, this is where I'd start with 'Well met,' but I'm not entirely sure of that. Which of you is also here for an experiment?

Ilja

First Post
Trodder stares at the human, and after several seconds he seems to relax just a little bit, straightening up and lowering his axe - but still keeping it ready for whatever might come. He gives a confirmatory nod.
"Robed wizard?" he says in his raspy, strange dialect.

Andor

First Post
Torbold takes a couple of steps forward, out of the shadows. "All of us I expect." He nods towards the black clad musician. "And him the experimentor. Or at least an assistant, I'll wager." He touches his brow in a half-salute. "I'm Torbold d'Deneith." He looks at Trodder curiously and ask him a question in accented but passable elven. [sblock="Elven"]"You don't look like any Valenarri I've ever met, are you from Aerenal then?"[/sblock]

Ilja

First Post
Trodder looks at Torbold suspiciously and answers in a strange dialect.
[sblock=Elven]"You're confuseing I. I am Trodder. Liveing in Redhaven.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
Desicar Tastes the air inquisitivly, wondering about his surroundings and keeping his tongue for now.
[sblock]
Scent Ability, um, what do I have to do?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads