Eternal Kingdoms (Evil Campaign)

Theroc

First Post
Cereth groaned quietly inside the tent behind the wizard as he awoke, rubbing the back of his head before grasping the nearest weapon, swiftly rising to his feet in a defensive posture, before realizing he was in no immediate danger. Taking stock of his surroudings, he heard a voice. Attempting to quietly stand inside the tent and listen to his words, he allowed the information to percolate inside his brain.

So... this man was an immortal, possibly serving with the Undead, given his assurance that he was not one. That would make the man one he was not fond of crossing. Anyone who has already felt Death's Kiss and still walks among the living is not something Cereth was trained to handle. He put people under the ground. If they crawl back out... that was none of his concern.

The information, woefully, told him nothing of his location, just random philosophical babble about time flowing backwards into the future, which truly makes no sense, or forwards into the past, equally nonsensical. Cereth was by now sure that this masterwork weapon was not at all worth the whatever it was that happened, but suspected that at this point there was no return policy.

Knowing that knowledge was power, Cereth had no intention of revealing his consciousness to the other currently, before he learned more about the general situation, hiding in the tent and observing from the shelter as long as possible.

OOC: If needed I can roll a hide check(or any other needed check)

Kagehiro

First Post
(move silent with a +5 for not moving at all, and hide is automatic since the tent is closed and tied inside.)
(just to check to see if any of the earlier listen checks work. the ground onions and fire cover your scent, and the knows your there and your increase in heart rate allows him to know your awake as opposed to sleeping.)

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC: ]
Linked rolls are in the following order
Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Search(the tent)
1d20+5=16, 1d20+10=18, 1d20+5=24, 1d20+4=5

Also, a question: How does he(presuming you mean the mage guy( notice my heartbeat(just curious), and how can he tell it wasn't caused by a nightmare or night terror? I don't really mind, I'm simply curious about his ability to differentiate.[/sblock]

Kagehiro

First Post
[sblock=OOC: ]
Linked rolls are in the following order
Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Search(the tent)
1d20+5=16, 1d20+10=18, 1d20+5=24, 1d20+4=5

Also, a question: How does he(presuming you mean the mage guy( notice my heartbeat(just curious), and how can he tell it wasn't caused by a nightmare or night terror? I don't really mind, I'm simply curious about his ability to differentiate.[/sblock]

[sblock=Theroc OOC]((I made a whole mess of new undead templates to apply to this place. Also night terror is a huge spike in pulse rate, where as resting heart rate while not in REM is far less. it's a difference of 30bps on average. I'm a medical industry person, used to work for cardiovascular doctors.))[/sblock]

[sblock=Results] You hear the whole coversation without a problem, but unlike the others you heard the song words too however you didn't understand them as the language is unfamiliar. You spot nothing since you are in the closed tent, however upon search you locate a chest of smooth black stone in a square shape with a heavy lid, no lock. It's about 2ft tall and 4x4ft. It seems to be painted mithril.[/sblock]

((Stringburka you know he's awake, Orius you know he's awake too))

Theroc

First Post
Cereth grinned, thinking to himself. Well, well, what do we have here? I think I'll just take a look...

The man mused, attempting to open the lid quietly to look inside, still keeping his senses alert for any potential danger.

Kagehiro

First Post
Cereth grinned, thinking to himself. Well, well, what do we have here? I think I'll just take a look...

The man mused, attempting to open the lid quietly to look inside, still keeping his senses alert for any potential danger.

[sblock=Cereth]
As you touch the lid you hear a click and the sound of a wheel spinning rapidly. A 1"x1" square on the lid sinks down and then the whole lid slides back. Inside you see a pile of ash, a piece of parchment with words on it written in phoentic common but from another language, a vial with a stopper full of black ichor, a bauble full of vapor, and a holy symbol that you do not recognize but looks like an upside-down scythe.[/sblock]

((I'm going to need your actions to be real specific. I need to know what you touch, what you do with it, what you look at, what you read, what you open, and G-d forbid drink.))

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Cereth knew better than to touch strange things in the chest, being lucky enough that the chest itself was not springloaded to explode. Rather than pilfer anything, knowing it may belong to the wizard outside, who seemed fond of displaying his prowess, the Eldoth boy simply attempted to memorize the contents of the scroll as best he could, as well as the remaining contents. Touching or pilfering was definitely not in his best interests, as he knew too little of his current environs to forsee a proper exit plan.

[sblock=OOC]
Note everything for memory, and attempt to memorize the words on the scroll. Cereth does NOT read the words aloud, merely attempts to remember the patterns. Any particular roll I should do for this?[/sblock]

Kagehiro

First Post
Cereth knew better than to touch strange things in the chest, being lucky enough that the chest itself was not springloaded to explode. Rather than pilfer anything, knowing it may belong to the wizard outside, who seemed fond of displaying his prowess, the Eldoth boy simply attempted to memorize the contents of the scroll as best he could, as well as the remaining contents. Touching or pilfering was definitely not in his best interests, as he knew too little of his current environs to forsee a proper exit plan.

[sblock=OOC]
Note everything for memory, and attempt to memorize the words on the scroll. Cereth does NOT read the words aloud, merely attempts to remember the patterns. Any particular roll I should do for this?[/sblock]

[sblock=Cereth]((nope. but thank you for reading in your head))
you feel something writhing inside your head, and as you blink your eyes flash the image of a terrible looking beast suspended in a pool of water thousands of feet below the surface. a man with horns and wings, stark naked and writing with power, coiled into the fetal possition. you are unable to make out much detail in the short time. you notice now the words are gone from the scroll...[/sblock]

Ilja

First Post
Trodder stiffles as he hears some kind of sound from the tent. He mumbles to himself in elven...
[sblock=Elven]Was it? Stop I scare... Tent is life? A life? Alive? Live-a?[/sblock]
His eyes flicker and jump between the tent, the robed wizard, and something in the opposite corner of his vision. His hand lays on the axe, and he seems nervous, but he doesn't unfasten it.

Kagehiro

First Post
Trodder stiffles as he hears some kind of sound from the tent. He mumbles to himself in elven...
[sblock=Elven]Was it? Stop I scare... Tent is life? A life? Alive? Live-a?[/sblock]
His eyes flicker and jump between the tent, the robed wizard, and something in the opposite corner of his vision. His hand lays on the axe, and he seems nervous, but he doesn't unfasten it.

You hear a voice in your head, it comes in the sound of a soothing woman's voice as though it was a lullaby. It echoes through your head like ether strands of smoke that eases every muscle in your body and emboldens you.
"don't worry child, you are my favored. You will find that nothing can stop you from my embrace. Do not grab your axe, embrace my love and you will need not fear."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases