Eternal Kingdoms (Evil Campaign)

Theroc

First Post
Cereth shudders at the image, debating whether to ask further, before deciding to let the knowledge come in due time, unless it becomes important. He attempts to close the lid, memorizing their contents.

Andor

First Post
The man looks behind him and speaks to the air
"I'll tell them, just hold up!"
He then turns to look at everyone else.
"When.... where... who. It's all so many questions that cannot really be answered with just words. It's not so much a where persay. You are where you where, but you're here. This existence is inbetween two existences. This is in between the future and the past, and no smart ass it's not now. Though relative we are in the now aren't we? I'm not actually sure when I am."
the man produces an hourglass. you watch as sand goes up through the hole instead of pouring down
"Now as you can see we are moving forward into the past, or backwards into the future. Which one is the debate of scholars. All I know is where you are, no one leaves. Think of this as a place where all of existences are moths, and this is the flame... or rather a whirlpool and there are fish. Ok so really they are all bad analogies. This is really our slice of existence, the backwaters of time and space. Everything ends up here. You were paid to go down the drain and come here. Because frankly once we fix this situation we can let time flow again. Perhaps you noticed that the sky has a moon and a sky all at the same time. Only on this half, the other has no moon or sun. So time got split with it. One side heads fowards into the past, and the other side goes backwards into the future. What my masters want is to cure it, and so do many outsiders my freinds. How would you like to be an angel drawn here and unable to return? However once time flows... many fear we won't know the affects. However if your immortal what does time effect? You'll notice that people here don't age, nor do they give birth. Suspended in the now we are."
you notice this man seems to be talking past you to, the nothingness behind you. power has been known to derange a mind.

"That's ... less enlightening than I was hoping for. I thought we weren't even in Khorvaire anymore, but are you saying this is the Mournland? It doesn't look like any of the reports I've read."

OCC: I know it's not, but that rambling bit of semi-sanity was actually a pretty good description of what happened to Cyre, so Torbold's a tad confused now.

Kagehiro

First Post
"That's ... less enlightening than I was hoping for. I thought we weren't even in Khorvaire anymore, but are you saying this is the Mournland? It doesn't look like any of the reports I've read."

OCC: I know it's not, but that rambling bit of semi-sanity was actually a pretty good description of what happened to Cyre, so Torbold's a tad confused now.

The man sneers then begins to talk very rapidly as though he was in a race of words.
"No no no no no no no no no no no. This place is in betweeeeeeen two places. You come here when you don't get to the other side. When magic is casted it uses power from the veil, which opens up to here. Well a lot of that energy is trapped here. This brings in new things. People are part of the veil which is what binds all things together. Originally what was here was a product of the first magic. Then mortals began to learn the veil. This began to force more things here. Eventually a cleric found the veil, and found out how to go through it, but not get to the other side. This created our existence as a plane. Soon this plane began to pull all manner of beings through who wanted to see this place between places. Curiosity trapped the cat. Now it's a haven for the orphans of existence. This is how people get here but no one leaves. This isn't a place. You can't go somewhere without starting from somewhere. So we are all trapped here. However just because you get marooned doesn't mean you can't make something of it. So we needed new faces, someone who wouldn't be recognized to carry out our work. We needed you, all of you. You will carry out my Lord's will and make this place suitable for my kind, a heaven for those who will never see it. Then we can bring all of our kind here."

as he finishes he takes a long breath. having said all of that in one breath his face is now red. he then smiles at the thought of a heaven. looking at the party he raises an eyebrow seeking a response.

Kagehiro

First Post
Cereth shudders at the image, debating whether to ask further, before deciding to let the knowledge come in due time, unless it becomes important. He attempts to close the lid, memorizing their contents.

the lid won't close as you touch it your hand is thrown back flinging your arm almost out of the socket with the power. you eyes flash again with the image of the being then you hear a voice.
"Please my child. Pour my vitae on my ashes, give me my dying breath after.... I beg you, return me...."
The voice is deep enough to rumble your eardrums, and sounds as though a thousand dying souls are crying out at once.

Theroc

First Post
Cereth grumbled silently to himself about intrusive invaders into his mind, shrugging his shoulder. He whispered quietly(trying to still avoid detection), in case the being could hear him, "I don't do as strangers ask when I know not what I am doing... particularly if there is no benefit to myself..." he answered, confused at what precisely is going on. He was very careful not to touch the contents or to read them aloud, which as far as he knew left the magic harmless. He did not like at all what was going on.

Andor

First Post
The man sneers then begins to talk very rapidly as though he was in a race of words.
as he finishes he takes a long breath. having said all of that in one breath his face is now red. he then smiles at the thought of a heaven. looking at the party he raises an eyebrow seeking a response.

Torbold looks faintly baffled at the rush of words. Lacking any points in 'Knowlege: Arcana' or 'Knowledge: The Planes' he decides the question is out of his depth and moves on. "Thank you for that ... clarification, Lord Macarius. Last question for now... Are we being hired, conscripted or enslaved?"

Orius

Legend
Darneth remains silent during Marcarius's long speech. Finally he speaks.

"If I were to hazard a guess, it sounds like we're trapped on some sort of plane that's been cut off from normal planar contact. I'm not an expert on the multiverse, but I come from a family of wizards and they discussed these things from time to time. In any case, it's all academic right now. We're trapped here, and apparently there is no way home.

I do not like the deception through which we have been brought here, but I will meet these employers. It's better than trying to forage for survival in an unknown wilderness at any rate."

Kagehiro

First Post
The ground quakes hard. You can see the grass around you stand up straight and begin to grow. Suddenly you see a tree rip through the ground some 20 yards to the north. Before you can react trees spring up everywhere, dozens of them. Soon the clearing is now a dense forest, and where you sit is a tiny clearing only 30 yards in diameter.
The face of the sorceror eases as the quaking stops.
"The veil here is weak, and any spell from any plane has a chance of spilling it's magic into this place. This plane is inbetween two planes. People teleporting to another plane, pass through here. You can call this the Interstitial Plane. However since it's not a real plane, you can't leave. You can only pass through or end up here. It's a destination but not a place. Magic casted from one plane to another, or magic requiring a G-d's intervention ((divine)) pass through here. Any spell can have a dramatic effect on this place. The spell just casted that brought these trees must have been a powerful Druid. Those spells are rare but do occur and will reshape portions of the land rapidly."

In the distance you hear a loud howl. The man goes sickly pale, he recognizes the howl.
"LYCANS!!!"

You can hear a series of large beasts plowing through the forest and ripping through brush and thistle.

Andor

First Post
Torbold rides out the earthquake with steady balance then whips his head towards the woods when the howling breaks out. He immediately stands and move between Macarius and the direction the sounds came from while drawing his sword* in a single smooth motion. He confidently calls out to the others "Defensive positions gentlemen. Rule one of combat: Protect the mage. Rule one of employment: Protect your employer. Lord Macarius is both." ...for now. he finishes the thought silently.

OCC: *picture a katana made by hobgoblins.

Theroc

First Post
Lycans? Why is he so fearful of a bunch of animals? Cereth wondered to himself, drawing his crossbow. Cereth should have asked more questions before accepting.

Hiding in the tent, Cereth readied himself to fire his crossbow from the safety of concealment, at least until melee combat becomes inevitable.

[sblock=OOC]
Cereth will hide quietly, opening a slot just large enough to see slightly out of, and fire his "Hand Crossbow" from his hidden location. What rolls do you need from me, Kage?

Edit note: Cereth isn't shooting at anything yet, he just is getting in position to fire once combat is engaged, attempting to remain hidden until he absolutely can't anymore.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads