• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite PHB Iconic

Favorite Iconic?

• Krusk, Brb

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Gimble, Brd

Votes: 29 6.1%
  • Devis, Brd

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Jozan, Clr

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Eberk, Clr

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Vadania, Drd

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • Regdar, Ftr

Votes: 35 7.4%
  • Tordek, Ftr

Votes: 49 10.4%
  • Ember, Mnk

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Alhandra, Pal

Votes: 20 4.2%
  • Soveliss, Rgr

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Lidda, Rog

Votes: 155 32.8%
  • Kerwyn, Rog

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Hennet, Sor

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • Mialee, Wiz

Votes: 22 4.7%
  • Nebin, Wiz

Votes: 13 2.8%

Set

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
Seriously, hardly a week goes by where someone doesn't rant about the horrible Mialee art (she looks better in Scourge of Worlds, and the Gestalt pictures from Unearthed Arcana aren't bad, either)

I'm partial to 'Mialee the Mercenary' from p 168 of PHB2. Elves can use swords and bows, so an elven mage carrying a quarterstaff just deserves to be slapped for being suboptimal. :)

Question for the knowledgeable;

On page 160 of Complete Warrior, three figures are fighting a Displacer Beast, an Elven Wizard or Sorcerer, a Half-Orc Monk and a Human Warrior or Paladin, I think. Do these characters have names?

I *think* the Elf has a miniature out, proclaiming him Aramil, an Elven Sorcerer (or perhaps just a Pyromancer), but I could be way off-base...

caudor

Adventurer
Take a look at the cover of Heroes of Horror.

I think it really adds some flavor to a few of the iconics. I wish I could find a closeup to link to show you....the look on their faces is priceless. :)

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Set said:
On page 160 of Complete Warrior, three figures are fighting a Displacer Beast, an Elven Wizard or Sorcerer, a Half-Orc Monk and a Human Warrior or Paladin, I think. Do these characters have names?
I don't think so. That image also appears on a poster for the miniatures game.

caudor said:
Take a look at the cover of Heroes of Horror.

I think it really adds some flavor to a few of the iconics. I wish I could find a closeup to link to show you....the look on their faces is priceless.
Here you go:

heroes-of-horror-detail.jpg

Set

First Post
The back cover is even better, 'cause you get an idea of what they're gawking at.

Either Regdar is in pieces, or, worse, in the altogether. Either way, it's flinch-worthy.

Given that they are looking in different directions, my votes for 'in pieces.'

Nebin has a funny, 'Dude! That is *so* wrong!' expression.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
The back cover:

heroes-of-horror-detail-2.jpg

Moon-Lancer:

I had no idea your name was Devin - I don't read random signatures. I thought you were suggesting that Vadania and Devis, the iconic bard, should get together. Which, disturbing.

Aeric

Explorer
Nifft said:
Hennet: "My buckles give me a +3 natural armor bonus!"

Hmm. -- N

I'd call it straight-up armor myself. That dude takes longer to get dressed in the morning than most fighters, unless he's got a hidden zipper in the back or something.

I hope that 4th edition will ditch the crummy asymmetrical armor look in favor of something that both looks cool and makes sense.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads