• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FFX-2

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Am I the only one not looking forward to this game. A sequal to 10. :rolleyes: I don't need.

I hated all the characters, the story sucked, the fight every two steps thing got lame, the no fast forward through movies got lame.

I liked how the movies looked, but any character development moveis sucked becuase the characters sucked. I kind of liked the character design emthod, but it seems that may be going away.

FF12 seems to be altering the combat system a little which hopefully will be an improvement since the FF ssytem is getting old and I can no longet tolerate the fights every two steps thing like I could in ff7.

Maybe I'm weird but the only console RPG I'm really looking forward to is Zelda.

Last edited:

Shard O'Glase

First Post
I liked FF7 and FF3 for us here in the USA was cool. But 8,9,10 fell kind of flat for me. And yet everyone I know is drooling and can't seem to wait for 12. Heck I kow someone who like me didn't like 8,9,10 and yet he still can't wait for 12.

Though I've already played 7 3 tmes now so I don't think I can do it again.

Even with the disapointments of 8 and 9 I still bought 10 hopeing it would be better. But since 12 is using the same anoying characters this likely will be the 1st FF in a while I don't get.

Sixchan

First Post
I liked all the SNES and PS Final Fantasies, and I don't have a PS2 so I can't play FFX. I don't really want it, after hearing about how bad it is. Looking forward to Crystal Chronicle, though.:)

Mallus

Legend
FFX...

... was the first Final Fantasy game I played. I enjoyed it well enough, but I thought it paled in comparison to the 1st console RPG I played which was Skies of Arcadia on DC...

Come to think of it, I never finished FFX. I got fairly near the end, found Tidus was essentially a dream/ghost, then put it down for good.

I imagine I'll give the next, non-online FF a try...

BTW, Suikoden 3 is much, much more interesting. I heartily recommend it.

Last edited:

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Skies of Arcadia kicked butt. Man the DC put out some sweet games.

I'll check out Suikoden 3, though I'm hooked on Shenmue 2 right now. Shenmue 1 rocked and again was a DC game.

drothgery

First Post
In case anyone was confused by the original thread title and first post...

FF X-2 and FF XII are two different games. FF X-2 is a direct sequel to FF X, which is supposed to be released in Japan this spring (which probably makes it a fall game in the US and a winter game in Europe). FFXII is, like all FF games except FF X-2, an all-new game with only vague references and plot elements in common with other FF games; it's expected in Japan this fall (and probably spring/summer 2004 in the US/Europe).

FF XI is the online FF game, currently available for PS2 and the PC in Japan. It's not known whether or not Square will bring the PS2 version to the US.

Last edited:

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Heck I was confused I though FF X-2 was just there attempt at a clever way of saying FF12.

I have yet to read up anyting on FFXII then. I've only bumped into FF X-2 on the sites I check out. I'll see if I can edit the title to make it less confusing.

drothgery

First Post
There have been FFXII rumors for a long time (since a few days after it was announced that FF XI was going to be online, and many longtime FF fans said they'd be having none of that -- including me; I won't do the monthly-fee for a game deal); the FF X sequel talk didn't start until this summer (and wasn't acknowledged until this fall). I'm all in favor of it, but I rather liked FFX.

mmu1

First Post
I've played VII, and some VIII, and while I enjoyed VII and got through a lot of it, I found that the novelty wore off very quickly and I can't get into the series again. The constant random combats that don't advance the plot, and the general absurdity of most of the random enemies annoy me. I can only stand so many plants shooting blasts of explosive energy, evil rabbits, Baba-Yaga's huts with homing missiles, cyborgs on rollerblades, hardened missile siloes inside staircases, etc.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads