EN World member OB1 saw some of the first footage of next year's Dungeons & Dragon movie, Honor Among Thieves, confirming "dungeons, Dragons, and party teamwork with a bit of a superhero movie vibe". The roughly 30-seconds of footage was shown as part of Paramount's promotional reel played at CinemaCon.
Here is a quick hit of what I saw. Note that the 30 seconds or so was split up over 7 or 8 smaller shots interspersed in a larger product reel for other Paramount product. I was focusing hard to recognize when they were showing Dad Hat (All credit to my co-worker for realizing that the title shortens to Dad Hat) footage, but it made it very tricky to really get the details for the scenes. I will say that the overall look was absolutely amazing for being this far out. Easily on par with what you would expect from a Marvel theatrical release. Costumes all looked good, sets all looked good.
- Chris Pine on horseback riding next to Michele Rodriguez talking about 'needing a team for this'
- A blue? dragon flying overhead away from camera while characters flee underneath on horseback
- A big city, I'm guessing Waterdeep, from an overhead, aerial view
- Sophia Lillis (I think) pulling back on a slingshot wristband to fire something (there were two moments of this)
- Big action sequence in an outdoor arena like setting with pillars growing out of the ground that some heroes jump across while others fire off bows/magic,etc
- Rege-Jean Page on horseback heading towards some ruins, reminded me of something straight out of an old module but I can't put my finger on which one. Sort of half, simple stone wall buildings on a hilltop spread out over 100 meters or so
- A character in a long shot (I think Chris Pine but not sure as it was very quick) dancing? under an archway - reminded me more of being under Otto's Irresistible Dance than something he was doing on purpose. On the flip side, it could be a bard character spellcasting as I think he had an instrument in his hands (sorry bard haters)
- A spell that felt like a wizard casting shield against an attack. I think it was Rege-Jean but can't be certain.
- Don't remember seeing Hugh Grant in the footage, and no plot details
- Definitely had a fun, action packed vibe to it. Definitely not grim-dark