D&D 5E Fix 5e.... in one sentence

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
This is the same as reliable talent.
No, it's not. Reliable Talent makes it so if you roll below a 10, you get a 10 for the roll. It doesn't let you ignore the roll in the first place, and doesn't make you automatically succeed. Also, my suggestion would work even if you're not proficient with the check, you just need to have a Passive Ability Check for that skill higher than or equal to the DC.
At high level, What are you going to give the Rogue for taking away what is probably his second best class ability (or first best in an RP heavy game) and giving it to anyone.
No. I would modify Reliable Talent to work with this system, too. Maybe a +5 bonus to the required DC, or something like that.
If it bothers you that people get bad rolls and fail easy checks too often, a better solution would be to roll 2d10 instead of 1d20. This would make it much, much less likely you would get an 11 on your +9 stealth roll.
That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is making rolls for things that you shouldn't have to make rolls for, because you're good enough at that ability that you're almost definitely going to succeed anyway and even if you fail it's not going to have a bad outcome either way. The DMG even recommends not making players roll for things that they're so good at that they're probably going to succeed at anyway, I just would like a system to tell DMs when that should happen.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
This one is for every edition

Change the name Chaotic in alignment. It is much too often mistaken/or used as an excuse for behaviour of the same name.

Not sure what the word would be. Nonconformity, freedom? Something not illegal or rebellious.

darjr

I crit!
Make a short rest 5 minutes but you can only do it as many times as your proficiency bonus between king rests.
Long rests require someplace calm and secure and safe.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases