Flaw in CS Account duration

The_Warlock

Explorer
Honesty being the best policy (except in big business), I figured people should know that there might be something up with how the site tracks and IDs CS accounts.

I just noticed a little banner informing me that my account expired on the 17th. That matches my records the best I can tell, now that I've looked. Unfortunately, re-upping is not something that is in the wallet right now.

The issue however, is that I have all the benefits of a CS account still churning along. I can Search, my no ad-banner preferences are still working, I still show as a community supporter, etc.

If I hadn't see the little banner saying it's time to renew, I would have blithely continued on assuming I was up to date, out of sight/out of mind, and all that.

So, someone might want to check the code on that.

Cheerio!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You are an honest, charming, and good-looking individual whom babies adore and dogs like to lick. Thank you for letting us know.

The_Warlock

Explorer
You are an honest, charming, and good-looking individual whom babies adore and dogs like to lick. Thank you for letting us know.

You are disturbingly close to the mark - I have no idea why the babies like me, though. I'm certainly not looking for any!

No problem!

The_Warlock

Explorer
A strange occurence, which may or may not be related to the weirdness with the account designation:

While all other site functions seem to work normally, when I click the New Posts link, I do not see new posts - but I do see 10 pages of links to wiki pages in the Vault. That's never happened before.

All I know is, it's weird.

A strange occurence, which may or may not be related to the weirdness with the account designation:

While all other site functions seem to work normally, when I click the New Posts link, I do not see new posts - but I do see 10 pages of links to wiki pages in the Vault. That's never happened before.

All I know is, it's weird.
If I am not mistaken, "New Posts" is a search-based feature and thus probably not available to not-anymore-supporters. Why it would show you the Wiki pages is another matter. Maybe it's a feature that is not affected by the CS settings, or due to turning regular search off, you get the wiki search?

The_Warlock

Explorer
If I am not mistaken, "New Posts" is a search-based feature and thus probably not available to not-anymore-supporters. Why it would show you the Wiki pages is another matter. Maybe it's a feature that is not affected by the CS settings, or due to turning regular search off, you get the wiki search?

Just one problem with that....this was happening while search WAS still working. I tested it at the time of that post.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases