• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Food - Peanutbutter & ______ Sandwiches

Torm

Explorer
Arbiter of Wyrms said:
I can't take credit - as a matter of fact, I probably would have turned up my nose at the idea if I hadn't been in one of those ackward social situations where you HAVE to try food: One of my former DMs used one of our gaming sessions as a Pampered Chef party, and as a result I got introduced to that and a pretty good little recipe that involves putting spinach leaves and shaved ham or turkey (or both) on soft taco shells and using cream cheese as the "glue" to roll the things up. I didn't appreciate him using the session that way without at least a warning beforehand, but I still use both those recipes, so I guess I can't complain too much. ;)

And no, Jester, I'm not a Halfling, but I do find that many things are better with bacon - especially the BMT at Subway. Cheese, Double Meat, Double Bacon, and nothing on but salt and pepper. Always gets a sideways look from the "sandwich artist". :)

Torm said:
And no, Jester, I'm not a Halfling, but I do find that many things are better with bacon - especially the BMT at Subway. Cheese, Double Meat, Double Bacon, and nothing on but salt and pepper. Always gets a sideways look from the "sandwich artist". :)

I was a sandwich artist through most of high school and that is far, far, far from the strangest thing I've ever seen ordered. Seafood salad with pizza sauce and bacon? Thanks, but no thanks.

... sounds delicious, though. Mmmmm... meat.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Not a sandwich, but one of the ways we eat PB at home -
A sauce of crunchy PB, ketchup, balsamic vinegar and finely chopped onion (all microwaved or heated over low heat on the stove) served over noodles or spaghetti. A surprisingly tasty approximation of Thai peanut sauce :)

Zweihänder

First Post
I just created a new PB sammich: Peanut Butter, cucumbers, a hardboiled egg, and milk.

It's yummy.

^_^

The key is to hollow out the egg, and fill it with milk.

Roadkill101

Explorer
I have had PB on a sandwich with the folowing:

Jellies, Jams and Preserves
Bannana
Marshmallow spread
Honey
Margarine and Butter
Grilled PB
And two I've not seen mentioned yet:
Tomato
Onion

I may have also had it with Bologna and Bacon (seperately), because I've heard of these combinations prior to reading this trhread.
Peanut butter is just one of those things that seems to go with almost any combination, I'll have to try some of the ones I've seen here.

warlord

First Post
Ok some of the PB & sandwiches I've made:
PB&Salami
PB&Saurkruat
PB&Strawbarries/blueberries/raspberries
PB&Cucumber

AdamBomb

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Bananas. Mmmm.

I've heard that Australians don't eat PB&J/find it gross... find it so strange...

Yup, this is true. Australians think of PB as a savory food, not a sweet one. Eating PB with J would be like eating a salami and honey sandwich, or some other strange savory/sweet combination. They eat PB sandwiches with just butter or margarine.
They're aren't big fans of Reese's PB cups either, until they actually /try/ one.
Living in Oz got me hooked on peanut butter and vegemite on toast for breakfast. Not on the same piece of toast, but one of each. You eat the vegemite one first, and then the PB one is like a little breakfast desert. yum!

Remove ads