• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For 4vengers: What is your preferred fallback edition?

Which edition would you play if no 4e game were available? Choices are limited to the D&D Brand,

• D&D 0e

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • D&D Basic (B/X and BECMI)

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • AD&D 1e

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • AD&D 2e

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • D&D 3e

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • D&D 3.5

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • D&D 5e

Votes: 25 39.1%

We can just post video game pictures all day, I think I've heard there may be some resemblance.

D&D4ES!.JPG

This is now a thread about my MSPainting dumb 4e edition war memes!

Tony Vargas

Legend
When I'm at a convention I'm usually running 5e.

But when it comes to playing, 4e would be my D&D of choice. I'd be tempted by the nostalgia of 1e or 3.0, and the fact there's a couple of characters I enjoyed in those editions that just weren't near as much fun when translated into any other edition.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
This must be a wonderful Con, where games from all the editions (except 4e as it's full) are being run and have available space in them.

At GenCon this year you could find 3/3.5e if you looked, 5e without looking much, and Pathfinder *everywhere*. But 0e, 1e, 2e and 4e games were very few - and very full.

Lan-"if I were ever to play 4e it would likely be at a Con, as it seems well suited for the types of short intense sessions Cons tend to produce"-efan

Remove ads