Forest of Doom - IC Thread

S'mon

Legend
GM: They are not carved directly out of the rock.

As Kip moves towards the water's edge, a man-sized form suddenly bursts out of the water with a splash! The strange creature resembles a man-sized fish, and shakes a trident angrily at Kip and the others behind him...

fishman.jpg

Cor Azer

First Post
"Whoa! Stop!" yells Paaq, as he tries to quickly ready his shield. His stretches out his sword arm, trying not to be overly hostile, leaving his sword in its scabbard for the moment.

"We're just passing through! We don't want to interrupt your..." he gestures vaguely around the cave, "living arrangements."

"Kip, back-off a bit, give it some space." Paaq cautiously moves forward, hoping to keep himself most visible to the creature in case it attacks.

The one-time baker looks quickly for the exit to the other side of the waterfall's gorge, and if he sees it, waves at his companions and points towards the exit while addressing the creature.

"We're just going to leave now..." he says slowly, trying to keep his smallfolk accent from trampling over his words. "I know you might not understand me, so I'm just going to keep talking calmly and maybe you'll not be looking for trouble while we make our exit..."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Kip, hunkered near the lake, looks up at the thing as it hops out. He stays still as the thing doesn't charge at him immediately. Paaq's voice from behind him becomes strangely a comforting sound. Kip begins to slowly back away his hands devoid of weapon and in clear sight.

S'mon

Legend
OOC: The work insanity is over! Feeling a bit drained, but I should be able to get back to regular posting OK.

IC: The fish-man seems unimpressed by or non-understanding of Paaq's words. It lowers the trident and lunges towards Kip!

S'mon

Legend
The trident pierce's Kip's studded armour (AC 16)

Kip takes 5 damage, Kip at 2/7 hp.

Tag all PCs - you may all act before the fish-man can strike again.

Cor Azer

First Post
"Son of a -" Paaq curses, seeing Kip fall back.

He draws his longsword, and growls a challenge at the fishman, before charging across the chamber.

OOC: Poor roll, so I'm expecting a miss, but we'll see what S'mon says the beastie's AC is.

Last edited:

Remove ads