D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil,

Thank you for making such a wonderful generator! I have a few feature requests (I came to file a bug report, but found you'd already noted it as fixed for 1.55). I apologize if any have been previously suggested, as I have not read the more than a few previous pages of this thread. None are terribly high priority, just suggestions.

Feature Request: When you select equipment from the drop down menu on Character Sheet II, it would be nice if the generator would auto-fill the weight of the item (multiplied by the number in the Quantity column, if it exists).

Feature request: In the Custom tab, it would be very nice to be able to auto-fill the editable fields of a custom race/background/etc. with an existing one. This would allow the generator to gracefully handle something like, "I want my background to be X, except with one language and a tool proficiency instead of two languages."

Feature request: It has been suggested that you implement a way to do custom classes. This would, naturally, be an absurd amount of work. A possibly easier alternative would be to implement custom class archetypes. The oath/domain spells for paladin/cleric might be a bit tricky, but apart from that, it should mostly be a matter of selecting a class, and having 3-4 sections in which the user can input the features gained at the listed level. It doesn't sound easy, but it sounds a hell of a lot easier than custom classes, and provides quite a lot of customization options.

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear you find the tool useful.

Feature requests:

Equipment weights.
This is partially implemented for Armor/Shields and Weapons for those that you have equipped in the Start sheet. Use the formula =Attack1weight or =ArmorWeight or =ShieldWeight
I'm planning to implement this further in 1.56 using formula that users can delete and edit as they see fit.
The formula will look something like =VLOOKUP(B30,EquipmentListTable,EquipmentWeight,FALSE)*MIN(AE30,1) where B8 is the Item name and AE8 is the quantity. This only works for those items the users can select from the dropdown list. For items not in the list this will need to be custom edited. It will get a little more complex due to ensuring that when no value is present then show nothing.

Custom Tab Autofill Race
This one is a little more complex though doable, let me think about how to do this easily. At the moment I'm not thinking to auto fill the sections (requires a macro, I'm avoiding these for compatibility reasons) but for the races, backgrounds etc only tell the user it exists already and any changes will override the existing values.

Feature Request Subclasses
Certainly it minimizes the scope of work required though it is still a massive task to do this - I've thought about it a fair bit, it's definitely doable but the work required has pushed this as a nice to have feature for now and perhaps in the future something I can implement if I have the time and patience to go through it in details. The biggest challenge I see are the ensuring the automation of features that affect things like movement, AC, saves, spells, etc. etc. it becomes quite complex to ensure all these functions work as expected. Again, all possible just a matter of time and resource.

TwistedFaith

Explorer
Is there a way that you can get the "Blank" rows on Character Sheet III to auto hide? It will help clean up the sheet alot. it might be able to be done if you turn each Spell Level listing into a Excel Table (ie Format as Table) and filter out the blanks. that way it can be done cross platform. and all anybody would have to do is "reapply" the filter.

Last edited:

TwistedFaith

Explorer
Also can you add a section specifically for Warlocks that take Pact of the Tome (Eldritch Invocation) on the Spellcasting sheet. There are only so many spells with the Ritual tag that can be added to their special Book of Shadows.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Is there a way that you can get the "Blank" rows on Character Sheet III to auto hide? It will help clean up the sheet alot. it might be able to be done if you turn each Spell Level listing into a Excel Table (ie Format as Table) and filter out the blanks. that way it can be done cross platform. and all anybody would have to do is "reapply" the filter.

Thanks for the feedback!

Filtering does not work on merged cells, so it's not that easy. It would require a macro to hide cells that are not populated (and another section of code to unhide all cells), it's possible and relatively straight forward but I've been avoiding macro creation to maintain compatibility. Let me think about it more...

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Also can you add a section specifically for Warlocks that take Pact of the Tome (Eldritch Invocation) on the Spellcasting sheet. There are only so many spells with the Ritual tag that can be added to their special Book of Shadows.

Need a bit more info for what you're asking for, is the Book of Shadows limited to a certain number of ritual spells (I thought it was any spell with the ritual tag)? Thanks to detail out what you would like to see implemented.

TwistedFaith

Explorer
Need a bit more info for what you're asking for, is the Book of Shadows limited to a certain number of ritual spells (I thought it was any spell with the ritual tag)? Thanks to detail out what you would like to see implemented.
No it's not limited to how many spells. I'm saying there are only so many spells that have the ritual tag.

TwistedFaith

Explorer
No it's not limited to how many spells. I'm saying there are only so many spells that have the ritual tag.

Basically can you add a section in the spell casting sheet that is just for Book Of Ancient Secrets Eldritch Invocation for the Rituals Spells.
It could be like 5 Columns across by 6 Rows down. that way you don't have 30 rows down (there are only 30 spells that have the Ritual tag) to choose your Ritual spells for you Book Of Shadows.

If you do decide to do this the only other thing I would ask for is to have the casting time be properly adjusted for being set as a ritual (ie if it's less then 10 mins add 10 mins to the casting time and if they are longer then 10 mins the casting time stay the same (IIRC that how it works for Warlock with BoAS))

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Basically can you add a section in the spell casting sheet that is just for Book Of Ancient Secrets Eldritch Invocation for the Rituals Spells.
It could be like 5 Columns across by 6 Rows down. that way you don't have 30 rows down (there are only 30 spells that have the Ritual tag) to choose your Ritual spells for you Book Of Shadows.

If you do decide to do this the only other thing I would ask for is to have the casting time be properly adjusted for being set as a ritual (ie if it's less then 10 mins add 10 mins to the casting time and if they are longer then 10 mins the casting time stay the same (IIRC that how it works for Warlock with BoAS))

You're right, there are only a few ritual spells. It's a lot of work for only being able to select a few spells specifically for one subclass. It's probably just as easy to list all the ritual spells in notepad and select the ones you want from there and enter them into the tool in what ever order you like.

With the new filter option you rename the Level 6 spells as Book of Ancient Secrets in the Spellcasting sheet and then fill in your ritual spells in the level 6 section (25 spells). Once filtered you only see selected spells.

Something like

Book of Ancient Secrets.png

Last edited:

asagar

First Post
Thanks a lot for this amazing tool.
I would like to know where should I enter the armor class modifiers for ring of protection or bracers of defense, in the "other armor" bonus cell or the "armor" bonus cell (on the top of the armor column)?

Why does these two armor bonuses are limited to between 0 to +3?
As far as I am familiar with, magical armors and shields can reach up to +5, bracers of defence can reach +8 and cursed armors with negative modifiers can be used as well.

Remove ads