Forgotten Heroes IC

Nero Kingsley

First Post
Dunestrider looks at each of his hazily remembered companions to see what they think of the man's request. "Earning the friendship of a town could result in someone hearing about us that knows us, for better or for worse. Perhaps we should help - I believe it's within our power and would be for the greater good, not to mention we might get something worthwhile - a bandit's horde in addition to a reward from Drackus perhaps? I'm in if each of you accept as well, though I do not wish to pay for any funeral arrangements. Should I die, let the earth take me as I am." Dunestrider awaits the company's final decision patiently.

Skitha's superhuman constitution finally gets around to processing the alchohol out of her bloodstream enough that she's able to speak and think intelligibly, if not intelligently. She counts on her fingers a few moments.
"A hundred GP? That's enough for. . . for. . . two thousand five hundred mugs of ale! What kind of Funeral takes that much?"
She thinks a minute.
"I mean if I'm not alive to be drinking at it of course."

Lot

First Post
Seifer nods as Dunestrider speaks. "I must agree. We're doing no good sitting here trying to remember. We might as well try to do some good, spread our names with these good deeds, and hope someone who knows us finds out about it. Maybe something will click when we get back into the field. Just my opinion. Anyways, 100 gold seems a bit steep but I've got nothing better to do with it at this time. Count me in.

Seifer stands up. His tall form, gleaming charcoal gray armor, and stern, hard expression give the impression of total competence and rightful confidence. "I'm going to go speak with this smith. I welcome all whom wish to come with me.

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter 5

Reaching into a pouch, Eglath comes out with a pair of small gems, and drops them on the table, "together these should pay for a funeral rite. I say we take the job. I don't remember much, but I do know that this is what I do." He looks to Seifer. "Count me in." He sops a final buscuit and rises scooping up the gems and leaving an extra silver on the table.

JonnyFive

First Post
Zzerki also pulls out a few gems, throwing them on the table. "I'm in. wait for me guys." he will also follow Seifer out to the blacksmith.

Shayuri

First Post
Lily counts out her coin purse and stares at the result. Seven silvery wheels of platinum, and fourteen of gold. After a moment she sweeps them back into the pouch, and looks up after Drackus with cold anger in her dark eyes.

"You know what I think? I think this whole 'adventure guild' is a complete scam. Who ever heard of adventurers PAYING for adventures?" Her voice roughens. "I think his brother overheard us talking about how we lost our memory and thought, 'hey! Easy marks!' Treats us to cheap room and meal so we're all soft with gratitude...then hit us with the other foot. A hundred gold each for -funeral- rites? That is the biggest load of dragon dung I've ever..."

For a peculiar moment, purplish veins start to pulse into visibility across the pale skin of her face, and the air around her hands shimmers ominously. Then she clenches her fists and takes a deep breath, and those...warning signs?...fade and vanish.

"You guys do what you want. I won't be taken advantage of. Not now. Not ever."

(OOC note- from the GM's post, it looks like Drackus wandered off again after his speech, thus Lily is addressing the party. If Drackus is still hanging around, she'll deliver the rant to him directly. :))

Voadam

Legend
Voadam watches what the innkeeper does with his book once he leaves then when Lily's anger rises he notes the shimmer with interest. When she is done with her outburst and the shimmer disappears he says "Funeral expenses. That's a good one. Aye, I'm up for bandit hunting, but not paying for the priviledge to do so. Presumably he gets a cut from whoever hires the guild as well and he considers rich amnesiacs are a chance to double dip. I'll return these to our companions when we gather together again. Anybody care to see if the church cleric has a cure for memory loss while the others see about the smith? Or does everybody prefer to stay together as a group to start?" Voadam scoops up Seifer's, Eldath's, and Zzerki's gems.

gabrion

First Post
As they enter the city, Lugka shifts back into his natural form. Able to speak again, he thinks out loud as the walk through the streets,

"What a strange thing this…city…I've never seen anything like it. The stones here and the trees are very oddly shaped, in an unatural manner."

The last memories in Lugka’s mind are of his jungle home, living with his tribe. He’s never seen a city, so the huge structures, bustling markets, and generally organized social structure are all foreign to him.

Staying at the inn is likewise a disorienting and uncomfortable experience for him, especially having to send razorclaw into the stables instead of sleeping beside him. The freedom of the wild is not in this place – which is enough to make up Lugka’s mind that he’d like to get out as soon as possible.

While he enjoys breakfast, Lugka doesn’t really perk up until he hears the announcement of a possible adventure. Letting the rest of the group know how he feels he says,

“I’ve never done this “adventuring” you speak of, or at least not in the time I can remember, but I would be happy to do it if it gives the chance to leave this city. This place is not to my liking – nor to razorclaw’s.”

hafrogman

Adventurer
Chester scowls a bit at the suggestion, but when others start chipping in, he searches his belt for a moment before finding a money pouch. He counts it's contents quickly. Then recounts.

"Ha! Not for me, I fear. I don't have a hundred gold, even if I wanted to pay. I say far better we go about this on our own. We look into our memory, and our history. And if that fails, we go and pick a fight with some bandits, free of charge. And if we die, well then, I don't see myself caring too much what happens to my body."

Lot

First Post
Seifer looks around helplessly, not happy about the expensive "funeral arrangements" but not comfortable arguing the point with the man who had just housed and fed them. He looks to the group as he throws his cloak on over his shoulder, preparing to go to Gerald's.

"Drackus claimed to have intelligence about these bandits. I would like to get that. Maybe this funeral arrangement business is how things are done around here." Seifer speaks with confidence but his eyes betray his lack of certainty.

"Anyway, I'm off to Gerald's. I would like us all to stay together, as who knows what bit of information may spark a memory for any of us. That being said, this line of questioning may not appeal to everyone. I'd be happy to meet the rest of you at the temple after the smithy. Seifer turns toward the door

Remove ads