Forked Thread: Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5 Continued

Scotley

Hero
With the ghost destroyed, Ballista launches another trio of arrows at the tiny, bobbing skull. Only the first finds it's mark spinning the skull out of it's original position causing the other shots to fly wide of the mark.

Harrison strides in and attacks. One of his blows is so wild it very nearly hits one of the elementals.

Logan's still forcefully presenting his holy symbol, until the undead thing dies! But it won't cooperate. While made of an actual skull it is a construct rather than undead. It is quite evil however.

Zorn conjures up a small orb of ice cold energy that he hurls at the bone creature. It smashes against the skull with considerable force and causes it to wobble in the air a bit before righting itself.

Garagos advances to the skull, swings his axe... and misses horribly.

Grackle stays up out of sight and chants some more, after gnashing out "Rocks surround skull and smash!" in Terran. He just hopes his rocks are making some progress while he hides, since he can't see them right now. The Admiral cowers with him and refuses to take a look himself. A shimmer in the air suggests something new is joining the fray. One of the elementals boldly moves to a better position and manages to land a blow on the skull, but it seems to have little effect.

Jillian moves forward and throws her tiny dagger at the floating skull. It sails wide of the mark however, since she took care not to hit the elementals in melee with it before the weapon ricochets back to the halfling.

The skull focuses now on the Halfling. She gets a blank look on her face as the jewel in the left eye socket suddenly gleans with new light. Jillan collapses, her body becoming a mass of corruption that quickly molders away leaving only dust. In a brief moment the brave rogue who's talent for finding and removing traps has saved all your lives is gone.

In the corner over the stone bier a new form, summoned by the gnome begins to take a small manlike shape.

OOC: You're up.

Attachments

• Tomb of Horrors 32a r3.xls
    20 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer

Logan seeing Jillian perish so horribly, finds another reserve of testicular fortitude and raises his mace over his head with both hands and rushes forward to smash the skull loudly yelling, Agghhhh! Die you skull bastard! You slew my Jillian! I loved her!!

Note that Logan has dropped his shield, making him only AC 23.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Ballista, HP48/48, AC 26/29vRanged(FF19/24vR-T15/20vR) F5 R13 W6

Ballista's aim is destroyed by the loss of her roguely friend. All three arrows pass so close to the bobbing skull that speckles of frost pepper its bony visage.[sblock=combat block]Free: Sustain Inspire Courage
Swift: ...
Full Action: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2786912/Attack 1 vs Skull (1d20+15=17, 2d6+1d6+5=21),
Attack 2 vs Skull (1d20+19=25, 2d6+1d6+5=17),
Attack 3 vs Skull (1d20+14=24, 2d6+1d6+5=16)[/sblock]
OOC - 3 d20 rolls under 11 again... I defy the universe to treat me like every other moron and give a normal set of rolls even once!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
seeing the horrific whithering of jillian sends the mercenary in a twisted mind rage!

power attack 4 possible total damage: 63 points damage on 2 attacks

[sblock=special attack info]
base longsword attacks: +16/+11
with power attack: +12/+7

base rolls are 17 and 20

crit threat range: 17-20 (feat improved crit: x 2 threat range)
crit confirm attack: +16/+11 (Feat:power crit gives +4 to confirm crit)

may be higher if there are other modifiers going on, such as bless
[/sblock]

on a funny aside:
I was posting this while listening to Jillian (I'd give my heart) by Within Temptation.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Garagos, AC 29 (T19, FF27), HP 107/107, DR 3/-, F +11,R+6,W+10

Garagos swings his axe again... and again!

[sblock=ooc]
Garagos Stoneshield

Resist acid: 20

Full attack:

Waraxe 2nd damage: 1d10 + 5 = 6
Waraxe 1st damage: 1d10 + 5 = 9
Waraxe 2nd attack: 1d20 + 9 = 10
Waraxe 1st attack: 1d20 + 14 = 27

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads