Forked Thread: Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5 Continued

Scotley

Hero
Yah, it seems that by only going through the hidden doors we avoided most of the truly horrific traps. I'll check out your new game coming up :lol:

It is true, you missed the false Lich, the Siren and the lava among others. Likely the reason so many of you survived. Hope to see you in the new game.

Scotley

Hero
Been fun, folks! Would've been happy to have more opportunities to roleplay Grackle and his antics with the group, but oh well. I won't be playing in any 4E games, so cya later!

Scotley, You already know my stance on 4.e.

I spent a lot of time weighing the options for this next game and those who aren't willing to adopt 4e was one of the sticking points. I knew that I would be leaving out DeWar among others and that made it a very tough decision. The reason I chose 4e is that I am still on the fence about it myself. I don't want to make a decision about the system until I've run it myself. I've played in a couple of 4e games here and I briefly ran a 4e game on CM when the DM bailed, but I am a DM at heart and I felt that until I ran a proper game I couldn't not make a real judgement about it. So for me this new game is a test of the system. I want to kick the tires and take it around the block. I decided to bring the best gamers I could find along for the ride. There are still a couple of seats left if I can talk you into coming along...

Scotley

Hero
sorry, I am going to work on the homebrew game and Job searching.

I do understand and I see you in the several other games we play and work together. I am very excited about your homebrew game.

Job troubles again? I'd give you a referrence, but I don't know how much it will mean since I know nothing of electrical work and I've never met you in person.

Vertexx69

First Post
4e is a completely different system with the same iconic monsters and flavor. Think of it as the difference between 2nd and 3rd edition. Some parts are better and some worse. My least favorite thing about 4e so far is the lack of flight categories like they had in 3.X, as flyby attack becomes super broken when mobs can just bounce up and down off of a melee character's head like a pogo stick and stay of threat range. Those who think it might be interesting should check out the living eberron threads.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I thought you had found a job?? Are you unemployed AGAIN or STILL? Either way, man, that just sucks!

again

I do understand and I see you in the several other games we play and work together. I am very excited about your homebrew game.

Job troubles again? I'd give you a reference, but I don't know how much it will mean since I know nothing of electrical work and I've never met you in person.

thanks for the thought of the reference, but i am actually trying to find some sort of inside work like at a factory. nice and warm in the winter, cool in the summer. had a bob interview with a temp to hire today. nothing concrete. more mushy like slush.

Scotley

Hero
4e is a completely different system with the same iconic monsters and flavor. Think of it as the difference between 2nd and 3rd edition. Some parts are better and some worse. My least favorite thing about 4e so far is the lack of flight categories like they had in 3.X, as flyby attack becomes super broken when mobs can just bounce up and down off of a melee character's head like a pogo stick and stay of threat range. Those who think it might be interesting should check out the living eberron threads.

OOC: I agree, it is an interesting system, but I hesitate to call it D&D because it is quite different mechanically from came before.

I'll remember the flyby stuff for when I feel the players are getting a little too cocky. Thanks! :devil:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I agree, it is an interesting system, but I hesitate to call it D&D because it is quite different mechanically from came before.

I'll remember the flyby stuff for when I feel the players are getting a little too cocky. Thanks! :devil:
I really wish you hadn't told him that, Vertexx69!!!

Graybeard

Explorer
again

thanks for the thought of the reference, but i am actually trying to find some sort of inside work like at a factory. nice and warm in the winter, cool in the summer. had a bob interview with a temp to hire today. nothing concrete. more mushy like slush.

I did a temp to hire position a couple of years ago and it worked out well for me. I had worked in various retail stores for over 30 years and was tired of it so I quit. A temp agency found me a position in a shipping department at a laser welding company. About a year and a half later, they promoted me to the quality assurance department. I wish you luck in your job search.

Remove ads