• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E FR 4E SPOILER - Grand Histoy of the Realms info

Rookseye

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I bet one of the existent novel characters becomes the new god/dess of magic. ;)

How about Elminster himself? It will finally get his uber-level meddling ass out of every storyline. At least his meddling as a god makes sense given the incessantly 'hands-on' character of the Realm's deities.

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
Eric Anondson said:
I'm glad Mystra was "fixed", though I wish Cyric was likewise permanently gone as well. 2/3rds of the way to fixing the Time of Trouble's panetheonic issues. ;)

I also have the book. More spoilers:[sblock]Cyric gets put under "house Arrest" for the next 1000 years[/sblock]

catsclaw227

First Post
Methinks this whole reset is good for guys like me that never kept up with all the FR canon that has been introduced over the past 7 years or so.

A big reset like this and a leap forward 100 years will let me DM FR "from the beginning" so to speak. I like this....... a lot. I hated the fact that I had an irrational fear over DMing FR because the guys who wanted to play in it were FR experts that would always try to trump my campaign seeds with canon. It sucks when the players know more about the campaign world than the DM.

Tarek

Explorer
I'm torn between laughing and throwing up.

The thing is, it's absolutely typical of the Realms. Soap Opera Plot Of The Week meets Cutthroat Corporate Board Meeting meets I dunno, how should we explain the way the rules change when we move from edition to edition?

It's like they're a bunch of squabbling, mid-level executives who are all related to each other just closely enough to be a dysfunctional family; like the Greek Gods, but worse in that this stuff isn't happening in the 'past', it's happening 'now.'

That said, they should have offed Cyric and Kelemvor too.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Wild, weird stuff...

I used to keep up with the realms metastory/novels - until about 2002.

After reading the initial post and seeing where things are heading, I think I'm gonna head back to the Wilderlands....

Wake me when every god in faerun is dead.

And then let Loki run the place...

Green Knight

First Post
I like Kelemvor, myself. But yeah, this sucks. I don't see any reason to kill off Helm or Mystra. If anything, Tyr's the one they ought to get rid of. They oughta send him packing back to his original pantheon and make him stay there. Personally, I'd like to see Torm taking over his portfolios and replacing him as a Greater God. That'd be awesome, as it'd place Torm as Bane's primary opposition.

Killing off Helm and Mystra sucks, though. It especially sucks seeing Helm go out in such a stupid way. Nevermind Mystra. It's galling to see her being killed by Cyric. If anything, she should be killing him! Can't believe that pathetic twerp Cyric is gonna be getting yet another notch on his belt. God, how I wish Bane would kill that stupid bastard and feed him to a pack of ravenous Nupperibo.

Fobok

First Post
Green Knight said:
I like Kelemvor, myself. But yeah, this sucks. I don't see any reason to kill off Helm or Mystra. If anything, Tyr's the one they ought to get rid of. They oughta send him packing back to his original pantheon and make him stay there. Personally, I'd like to see Torm taking over his portfolios and replacing him as a Greater God. That'd be awesome, as it'd place Torm as Bane's primary opposition.

Killing off Helm and Mystra sucks, though. It especially sucks seeing Helm go out in such a stupid way. Nevermind Mystra. It's galling to see her being killed by Cyric. If anything, she should be killing him! Can't believe that pathetic twerp Cyric is gonna be getting yet another notch on his belt. God, how I wish Bane would kill that stupid bastard and feed him to a pack of ravenous Nupperibo.

Well, *something* had to happen to Mystra to explain the differences in how magic works in the new edition. That was an obvious one to see coming. I just assumed it would be Shar doing something, originally. But, having Cyric do it ties things in a bit more to the original Time of Troubles.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads