• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

From Citadel to Bastion: The Sunless Citadel

GruTheWanderer

First Post
As you approach the door, snores are audible from this room. Looking inside, you see sixteen small pallets woven of matted hair and fur. Two pallets currently hold sleeping goblins.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Letting the sleeping dogs, er... goblins lie, you move on to the next door to the south. Peering inside, you see two goblins monitoring the health of a dire rat, which is strapped spread-eagled onto a wooden bench. The rat suffers from horrible tumors that look vaguely woody and fruitlike.

A fancy crystal vial sits on a stand in the corner.

Unfortunately, the noise of your approach distracts the goblins from their research. They leap to their feat and draw shortswords, calling out "intruders" in Goblin.

Inez Hull

First Post
"Pah, rat catchin' scum", Khudaglun spits as he readies his axes. "Vermin always hangs around its own kind"
Khudaglun waits for Eshand's spell to go off before moving to engage, his ear cocked for the sounds of more Goblins and a real challenge.

Catulle

Hero
Lucas readied himself to intercept any move by the goblins at Eshand before engaging them himself, all the while keeping a tally of goblins to bedrolls. The alarm brought the sleeping goblins right back to mind. "Watch the rear! I think the sneaky approach is up..." A glance to Khudaglun, "Not that I foresee your mourning that result."

Last edited:

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Eshand's arcane power washes through the room, sending one goblin to the floor and the rat to sleep. The other goblin moves forward and takes a swing at Khudaglun, but misses. The dwarf and Lucas put an end to his troubles with several axe strokes.

At the same time, two goblins appear from the door across the hall. Their leather armor is on crooked, but their shortswords are ready.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Forgot the map

Attachments

• sunless22.gif
    sunless22.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 85

Catulle

Hero
The sudden emergence of more goblins was not unexpected, if a little swifter than Lucas might have preferred. Still hemmed in, he prepared to follow Khudaglun's lead once the dwarf made the anticipated rush into a new fray.

Inez Hull

First Post
Khudaglun grunts disappointedly, "Just two ay, well lets enjoy it while they last."

He then moves straight in to engage the eastern Goblin

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hi All,

Due to the low response rate, I am planning on closing this game. I apologize if my own recent delays have caused anyone to lose interest.

I appreciate the time and effort you spent developing characters and roleplaying. Catulle, Inez, I am particularly impressed by your active participation.

Thanks for playing, and I hope to see you around the boards.

Sincerely,
Derek "GruTheWanderer" Poppink

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads