• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Full preview unlocked!

Wrathamon

Adventurer
You are upset that the entire book is not optional rules? You said a Lot... it appears to be a lot of optional add-on stuff and stuff we dont even know about, along with traditional DMG stuff from pasts.

It's blast from the past dmg meets UA light meets modern dmg

and if it was all modular add-ons then what would they put in the Unearthed Arcana?

Sorry the Table of Contents is a /ragequit for you

You're talking about this quote, correct?

Most of the optional systems will show up in the Dungeon Master’s Guide. They focus on options that people can use to more closely mimic a specific edition or optional rules that people like having available. For instance, stuff like detailed rules for combat, gestalt characters, lingering wounds, and so forth. It feels kind of like a mash up of Unearthed Arcana for 3e and a traditional DMG.

I don't see how any of that stuff is lacking. He said most of the optional systems will show up, but he never said how many there would be. As far as we've seen, all of the things he listed later are in either the table of contents or hinted at in other previews (lingering wounds).

No. the 1E was Unearthed Arcana.

Arcana Unearthed was Monte Cook's variant d20 corebooks... shortly after leaving WotC.

Yeah, I knew Monte has written Arcana Unearthed as I bought Arcana Evolved (a revised and expanded version of Arcana Unearthed. I mistakenly thought the 1E optional rulebook was also called Arcana Unearthed (instead of Unearthed Arcana).

Cheers for the responses all! :)

You are upset that the entire book is not optional rules? You said a Lot... it appears to be a lot of optional add-on stuff and stuff we dont even know about, along with traditional DMG stuff from pasts.

It's blast from the past dmg meets UA light meets modern dmg

and if it was all modular add-ons then what would they put in the Unearthed Arcana?

Sorry the Table of Contents is a /ragequit for you

I had similar expectations of the DMG to Derren, which was based on comments from Mearls. However, I'm holding off on judgement until I see the DMG in person.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads